Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
There's no way in hell that some small portion of the team isn't jumping on to a P4R after this. Everything we've heard points to P6 being close enough, and whatever p5T is also seems to be close, but there's no way they're stopping the milking of the old games, specially 4.
When I said "this", I mean P3R.

ThatRebel

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Hopefully I was right in not playing any version of P3 until this comes out. Quite new to the series and just finished P5R and P4G earlier this year.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
2b40c12b6feb17cec56982f6c56dbfaa.gif

I hope they change the guns to xbox controllers.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
When I said "this", I mean P3R.

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing with you, you're 100% right on those statements, it's just that I assume some part of the team will jump on to P4R after this. Which goes back to making me curious about who is actually directing this game, if the rumors are to be believed and p6 is pretty far along, I guess they're now a 2 game studio at the very least, if not 3 (depends on what P5T is)

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
It was so silly. The recent P3P release was a port, and a far from ideal one at that. P3 has long been in desperate need for a modern definitive release and a remake is the best opportunity for that.
It doesn't matter - each rumor going around requires its counterbalance of naysayers or it wouldn't be a rumor. We had someone here who has direct knowledge of the game via his job telling us its coming to the xbox showcase a while ago and people are still shocked pikachuing over it right now lol.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oh, I wasn't disagreeing with you, you're 100% right on those statements, it's just that I assume some part of the team will jump on to P4R after this. Which goes back to making me curious about who is actually directing this game, if the rumors are to be believed and p6 is pretty far along, I guess they're now a 2 game studio at the very least, if not 3 (depends on what P5T is)
Exactly, the other two games are supposedly far enough along to where I don't see anything else coming from P-Studio before either game.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
All these people thinking the remake is gonna magically fix everything they hated in P3F is gonna be in for a rude awakening I think.

Personally I'm experiencing no FeMC, No Answer, Tartarus to still be a labyrinth, the sucky SLs to still be in the game.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Exactly, the other two games are supposedly far enough along to where I don't see anything else coming from P-Studio before either game.

100% agreed there, I'm assuming that whoever develops this (I guess P5T will be an external company? Otherwise they're now a 3 game studio, which means Sega REALLY staffed p-studio up) will probably weigh a p4r, but that would be more than 4 years away for sure, at the least.

All these people thinking the remake is gonna magically fix everything they hated in P3F is gonna be in for a rude awakening I think.

Personally I'm experiencing no FeMC, No Answer, Tartarus to still be a labyrinth, the sucky SLs to still be in the game.

After P5 I'm expecting them to go all the way on the 'SMT Online Social Link'

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto

I think the people who leaked this said as much - it's the same game as the original persona 3 but with updated graphics to look like persona 5 and QOL improvements.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Tartarus or people expecting The Answer I don't think will get what they want.

I think the SLs get an entire revamp tho. As much as I love P3P, they stand out as a "first attempt" after going back to them once playing 4 and 5

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga

All I need is some good QOL updates and I'm satisfied.
PC never getting Full Body is still so baffling.
I seriously don't understand it

Aero

Oct 27, 2017

I am fully expecting Atlus to commit to the bit of having no definitive version of Persona 3, so years from now there will still be arguments when someone asks what version of P3 they should play.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I think the people who leaked this said as much - it's the same game as the original persona 3 but with updated graphics to look like persona 5 and QOL improvements.
Which is about what I expected, and I'm excited. P3F doesn't need many changes in my opinion.

I do wish combat worked like how it used to though. I worry they'll make the entire game easier.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
All I want is FeMC route; MC route was terrible when it comes to Social Links. Tartarus was fine; it was something you could do quickly in a single night. At least in Portable.

The Answer can go to hell for all that I care.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Please please PLEASE reuse the battle UI from Persona 5. Don't take me back to those basic ass DVD menus

And please do not give me a "remastered" soundtrack

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I think the SLs get an entire revamp tho. As much as I love P3P, they stand out as a "first attempt" after going back to them once playing 4 and 5
The girl side of P3P was written after P4 and it shows. The quality was so disparate between the male MC and female MC social links.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Some of the Persona 5 QOL's in 3 would be nice.

Day 1 on PS5 (I believe the rumor is it's multiplat).

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
All I want is FeMC route; MC route was terrible when it comes to Social Links. Tartarus was fine; it was something you could do quickly in a single night. At least in Portable.

The Answer can go to hell for all that I care.
They need to delete like 5 social links from MC Route and replace them with party member SLs

Kenji deletion button

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Will Kenji still be chasing his teacher?

Will your teacher still fall in love with you in the MMO?

Will the Ken romance be back for FeMC?

Redo the beach scene for the obvious reasons. Make the Junpei relationship more realistic. Etc.

I really like how Tartarus and Mementos represent similar distortions in humanity and are basically towers heading in opposite directions.

Really cool way to bookend the "modern trilogy."

There's a lot of callbacks and references in P5 for the anniversary. Someone made a list once and it's kinda impressive.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

The main thing I hope gets changed is the ability to be friends with the girls instead of being forced to date them. Everything else I'd be fine with staying the same.
I know this is a controversial opinion but I don't need or want male SLs for the male route.

I am fully expecting Atlus to commit to the bit of having no definitive version of Persona 3, so years from now there will still be arguments when someone asks what version of P3 they should play.
That's the spirit! The Atlus way.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
They need to delete like 5 social links from MC Route and replace them with party member SLs

Kenji deletion button
Welp, if Kenji is removed, I would miss laughing at him. Only good part of his terrible social link.

Also get rid of being forced to romance all female characters. That was terrible, not only as a gameplay mechanic, but also because it makes MC an even bigger shitty person.

As for FeMC, if she returns, don't bring back the romance option in Ken's social link. Don't know how that shit even managed to get into the game.

struggler

Mar 2, 2022
I really love Persona 3 but I don't know why the idea of a remake doesn't excite me at all... maybe because I already experience the story three times, P3F, P3P and the movies

A remake of the Persona 2 dualogy is another story

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Very excited for this. P3 is my favorite of the Persona games, although I still have yet to play the P2 duology.
I never got a chance to play P3P, so I hope the female character makes it's way into this remake.

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
This is one of the worst kept secrets ever.

I wonder if the shift to worldwide releases is contributing to them not being able to keep these a secret anymore?

When this remake is missing some past P3 content I am fully expecting another round of Discourse™ over how P3 doesn't have a definitive version.

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
Here hoping switch is included in the launch. These games plays better in a handheld imo. If not I will buy on PS5, but it won't be the same.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
I've bought and played just about every SMT related game at launch for the last 15 or so years, remakes/remasters/updates included, but no FEMC=no buy here.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Still believe they should have remade Persona 2 duology and added those romance links if people are really bursting into tears without them.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Guessing we'll probably see this in the Xbox Showcase then, possibly alongside whatever P5T is.

AnimeAvatar

Apr 28, 2021
Despite Persona 3 being my 2nd or 3rd favorite game in the series, I can't say I'm that hyped for the remake. Maybe because I expect none of my complains to be addressed, so it'll more than likely be just a prettier version of the game I already played, warts and all. But hey, P3R releasing means we're one step closer towards Atlus actually acknowledging Persona 6 is a thing so that's why I'm hyped (unless Phil Spencer does...well y'know...)

4 doesn't need a remake at all. P4G's remaster does the job.
Pretty much no game ever "needs" a remake, it comes down to which one will make the company more money. Same reason Capcom skipped Code Veronica and remade RE4 instead despite so many complaints at the time that it didn't "need" one and that Code Veronica was more deserving. Atlus would absolutely remake P4 before P1 or P2, not because it deservers one more, but because remaking one of the most beloved JRPGs or all time will make them way more money than a P1 or P2 remake ever would.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hopeful that after P3R and P5T that Atlus will release new P3D and P5D games with music from P3R, P5R, P5A, P5S, and P5T.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
As much as I'd love to see P2 get remade, it's too unpopular and too gay for Atlus to bother. Tatsuya and Maya will get to show up in anniversary art and concert promos but that's IT.