HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Still believe they should have remade Persona 2 duology and added those romance links if people are really bursting into tears without them.
instead, we genuinely need a 3D remake of Persona 2 (both parts).
While this would be cool, and the Persona 2 duology is my favorite game in the franchise, with Eternal Punishment being absolute peak Persona, I feel like a P2 remake could easily end up in a Monkey's Paw situation. People would want Social Links or romances (something more than what's in Innocent Sin) and those would just not work with P2's narrative at all.

There's one difference in particular between Persona 1 and 2 vs Persona 3/4/5: Persona 1 and 2 has all the supernatural shit front and center in the open for the most part. Persona 1 literally starts with an earthquake happening and a whole ass operating room disappears while zombies are in the building, and then you go outside and there's demons in the streets. You literally save normal doctors and nurses in the hospital. The school ends up getting used as an anti-demon fortification. If you play Snow Queen the school gets frozen with people still inside.

Persona 2 starts with a fight between some members of the party over an amateur rock band and trying the Joker rumor out, including some people even getting their desires sucked out and becoming husks. Almost immediately after you fight the fucking principal who wields a giant wrench, as a statue of him walks around outside.

My point here is that having all the normal people act like everything is all hunky dory (at least until near the end of the game like in 3/4/5) and just saying "Yeah let's go get some 'fsteak after school" really wouldn't fit. A statue of your principal is just walking around the courtyard of the school, but let's go hit up Peace Diner! Some cultists set a bomb just blew up a gym but want to go on a long walk on the beach?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
While this would be cool, and the Persona 2 duology is my favorite game in the franchise, with Eternal Punishment being absolute peak Persona, I feel like a P2 remake could easily end up in a Monkey's Paw situation. People would want Social Links or romances (something more than what's in Innocent Sin) and those would just not work with P2's narrative at all.

There's one difference in particular between Persona 1 and 2 vs Persona 3/4/5: Persona 1 and 2 has all the supernatural shit front and center in the open for the most part. Persona 1 literally starts with an earthquake happening and a whole ass operating room disappears while zombies are in the building, and then you go outside and there's demons in the streets. You literally save normal doctors and nurses in the hospital. The school ends up getting used as an anti-demon fortification. If you play Snow Queen the school gets frozen with people still inside.

Persona 2 starts with a fight between some members of the party over an amateur rock band and trying the Joker rumor out, including some people even getting their desires sucked out and becoming husks. Almost immediately after you fight the fucking principal who wields a giant wrench, as a statue of him walks around outside.

My point here is that having all the normal people act like everything is all hunky dory (at least until near the end of the game like in 3/4/5) and just saying "Yeah let's go get some 'fsteak after school" really wouldn't fit. A statue of your principal is just walking around the courtyard of the school, but let's go hit up Peace Diner! Some cultists set a bomb just blew up a gym but want to go on a long walk on the beach?

Yup. There's no way to contrive the social link/calendar structure into P1 and P2's narratives. The events of those games are WAY too pressing (and way too destructive and out in the open) to just have the player meander through an entire school year fucking around eating burgers and creeping on female classmates.

Also, like, Maya isn't even a student in her game. She has a day job.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Femc isn't rumored to be included? Guessing she'll be in the update that releases in a year or two ala royal or golden

3 is my favorite but I've never finished it. Can't be more excited for this announcement

Apr 5, 2022
Oh yeah, s**t's about to get real.

Please Atlus, shoot this directly into my veins as soon as possible.

giphy.gif

4 days left! ;-;

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 3 had some hilarious asshole responses, hope they keep that.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Tag to me only brings fighting game to mind. But pretty sure it's not a fighting game.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
100% agreed there, I'm assuming that whoever develops this (I guess P5T will be an external company? Otherwise they're now a 3 game studio, which means Sega REALLY staffed p-studio up) will probably weigh a p4r, but that would be more than 4 years away for sure, at the least.

They're a 3 game studio with a lot of help

Mr. Genuine

Mar 23, 2018
I think the people who leaked this said as much - it's the same game as the original persona 3 but with updated graphics to look like persona 5 and QOL improvements.

If it really is just that, that's not really enough. I guess it depends on "QOL" improvements mean, but the 2 biggest problems with Persona 3 are
  1. Tartarus is a boring, repetitive maze.
  2. The story moves at the pace of a snail on sandpaper.
Tartarus needs to transformed into a series of proper dungeons, and for the story they need to add a lot more filler/slice of life events and also add more main story beats to the earlier parts of the game. Barely anything happens at all during the first 40 hours of Persona 3 FES.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Persona 5 Tag confirmed

You joke but a group of roving graffiti artists trying to change human cognition is one of the P6 ideas I have.

If it really is just that, that's not really enough. I guess it depends on "QOL" improvements mean, but the 2 biggest problems with Persona 3 are
  1. Tartarus is a boring, repetitive maze.
  2. The story moves at the pace of a snail on sandpaper.
Tartarus needs to transformed into a series of proper dungeons, and for the story they need to add a lot more filler/slice of life events and also add more main story beats to the earlier parts of the game. Barely anything happens at all during the first 40 hours of Persona 3 FES.

Tartarus is in blocks already, so work on blocks with game mechanics. It keeps the tower, those themes, and the story but makes it enjoyable.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017