Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who is a big fan of both ryuji and Yusuke, the decision to decide which of them makes the final team is going to be brutal if Yusuke gets charge now.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
love playing around with the costumes!! got everyone in the Gekkoukan high costumes wit the GOAT battle theme Mass Destruction!!!

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize there were new enemies. Just ran into Puss in Boots lol.

The superior Cait Sith by far. Poor VIIR.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
What's a good way to rank up my Guts? I'm trying to fuck with my boy Iwai.
Pirate book from the library, Takemi's clinical trials, scary movie DVD also study in the library (2 points Knowledge and 1 points Guts)
There's also a movie playing in Shibuya Theatre that raises guts. Definitely available in April, might still be playing in May as well? From what I remember movies would change after a month or so.

Sep 7, 2018
Pirate book from the library, Takemi's clinical trials, scary movie DVD also study in the library (2 points Knowledge and 1 points Guts)
I've did all of these so far. The library has stopped giving me Guts. In the base version it always did, but in here
After beating Kamoshida students aren't sweating you anymore which I find a little more realistic. I thought it was weird how 6 months in students were still talking about you all day every day

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a good guide for this online? Got to end with persona 5 normal and don't feel like making same mistakes this playthrough. (other than with new stuff)

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I always preferred Yusuke in the party because of his broken baton pass skill and his high crit/evade. Ryuji was only better for certain bosses or for cleaning up weaker large groups.

I kept him out anyways cause fuck Ryuji.

Sep 14, 2018
Ryuji's VA did such a great job all game, and he's a good character with good development through the game AND he's part of the optimal lategame party!

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Making A LOT of money from Palace 3 negotiations... like $8k per ask. Not sure what confidant ability is helping me but this is nice.

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or does Persona 5 Royal load a lot faster than Vanilla? Maybe it just feels it.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or does Persona 5 Royal load a lot faster than Vanilla? Maybe it just feels it.

The chains animation when you go to velvet room is definitely a lot shorter now, I guess other stuff is as well

I shouldn't be amusing myself quite so much choosing the comedy responses to everything. Simple pleasures

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
The fifth Palace was still a drag... Was hoping they would've tried to improve it a bit, but it seemed to be one of the least-changed Palaces so far.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone compiled the music-changing costumes and the corresponding names of each battle and battle result music?

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The fifth Palace was still a drag... Was hoping they would've tried to improve it a bit, but it seemed to be one of the least-changed Palaces so far.

The first part of it is fine, it's the key card section that's probably the worst part of the game

The two palaces either side of it are my two favourites at least

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
It's still just as long?

You were right about the Fourth Palace boss.
Futaba takes out most of the health and protects you from any major damage. It barely classifies as a boss. What a bummer

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
In the first palace I saw a locked chest but had no lockpick so thought I would come back later, but now I can't find it at all, the map really isn't useful in this instance because the stairwell is in the top right with no help on how to get there.
Small problem I know but I just can't leave a chest behind

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
*Makoto already interrogating us*
Ryuji: HEY WHAT ABOUT THE PHANTOM THIEVES MEETING?

Me:
ba836b6d7d4e7f8e9af08f1de33e6b1f.jpg

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
It's still just as long?

You were right about the Fourth Palace boss.
Futaba takes out most of the health and protects you from any major damage. It barely classifies as a boss. What a bummer

I think some parts might've been slightly shorter, but I haven't played the original in 3 years so I don't remember exactly how long it was previously. It didn't feel noticeably shorter from what I recall, though.

And yeah, the treatment of the fourth boss is a shame. The fifth one seemed largely unchanged, though.

Sep 7, 2018
Post 2nd palace
Yo like forreal Yusuke need to chill. He can't be coming to my house making these demands and shit. You can eat this dick bruh. Come on in my place demanding grilled fish and shit gaatdamn! Also this dude pretending like he wasn't into Ann with the whole "I have no interest in her as a member of the opposite sex, but the first thing this dude says when he doesn't have a place to stay is I'mma stay at Ann's house and he knows her parents are hardly there. You ain't slick, bruh. Who you trying to fool?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If there's one thing I dislike about Persona games it's how they always blue ball you out of holiday free time. The game gives you three days off but oh what a surprise, you never see it coming, Sojiro has you doing chores all goddamn day and you get nothing in return.

Now a day later the game forces me to sell that dumb medal and doesn't even let me check the lottery, which I'm already two days late with, because "there's no time for distractions".

The worst part? There's absolutely no need for the game to do this. It's not like holidays are special because you can cram two separate activities into one time slot.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
OK, calling card for third palace has been sent. Some combat thoughts:

- Technical attacks are very useful - physically hitting a sleeping enemy for example. I've never failed putting an enemy to sleep so it's way easier. Also, you can level up your technical attack damage by playing pool and maybe other stuff.

- Showtime is OP, and comes by pretty often.

- New confidant abilities continue to be OP - I randomly get an attack buff and twice I've randomly gotten SP back in the middle of battle. Futaba's abilities already helped a lot... so this it will be interesting when I have both.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Major oversight of the social simulator in Persona...

3 games in 14 years and not one single birthday events for major characters in game.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
When can you do the lottery? Trying to knock out the new event trophies before I forget to.
Any time. Buy a ticket at the stand near hachiko statue and return a week later (at minimum) to have the numbers checked. Rinse and repeat.

Also the trophy says you need to "win" the lottery, but any prize will do. I won a measly ¥2000 and got the trophy as well.