nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
vic mignogna is likely gone due to his shittyness but what about the rest? i kind of feel like atlus will mostly bring back the og cast if possible. im not sure how the dancing games handled the p3 cast since i didnt play it but the p3 movies have never been dubbed so idk what to expect.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Atlus tends to keep the OG cast if possible, like having Troy Baker and Laura Bailey back for Catherine Full Body

But Junpei and Aigis' VAs can bounce

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Think it's safe to say Junpei and Aigis will have new voices, in addition to the fact that Ken and Fuuka have already been recast in the spinoffs.

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
I'm assuming the actors (that aren't human garbage) they can get back they will, and the ones they can't they will recast.

Like they did with characters like Kanji in later stuff.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
English or Japanese? For English cast I can see them using an entirely new cast.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm gonna assume you mean English. Junpei for sure, maybe Aigis as well since Karen was booted off of Anna in FE Engage. Ken & Fuuka will likely get their P4A(U) actors.

Think it's safe to say Junpei and Aigis will have new voices, in addition to the fact that Ken and Fuuka have already been recast in the spinoffs.
I'm pretty sure only Nintendo & NRS have dropped Karen so far (though with Capcom, it took them a while to even drop Reuben), so Aigis can go either way. Hopefully she gets recast, though.

Last edited:

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
Just wanna see my favorite married VO couple Yuri Lowenthal (protagonist/Makoto) and Tara Platt (Mitsuru) back at it again.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Junpei, certainly. Aigis, huge probably. Everybody else will probably just have their most recent English VA if possible, I'd imagine.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
Banned
May 22, 2020
I think they'll get back the ones who always come back. I'd be shocked if we get a new Mitsuru, Yukari, or Akihiko. But yeah some of them have already been recast in later games, namely Fuuka and Ken. And Atlus isn't opposed to game-wide recasts. P4G wasn't even a remake, just a port with new content, and they completely redubbed Teddie and Chie through the whole game because the old actors didn't come back for the new lines.

As for Junpei and Aigis... I think Junpei getting recast sounds like a good bet. I hope so, at least. Aigis... I'm less confident on that one. Her views weren't as huge a news story as Vic's crimes and it's possible they won't care as much even if they do know about them.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Atlus tends to keep the OG cast if possible, like having Troy Baker and Laura Bailey back for Catherine Full Body

But Junpei and Aigis' VAs can bounce
Eh, maybe Atlus keeps their japanese voices but they've been so inconsistent at keeping the english cast in the past. The P4 cast changed voice actors so many times throughout all the spin-offs

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I think they'll get back the ones who always come back. I'd be shocked if we get a new Mitsuru, Yukari, or Akihiko. But yeah some of them have already been recast in later games, namely Fuuka and Ken. And Atlus isn't opposed to game-wide recasts. P4G wasn't even a remake, just a port with new content, and they completely redubbed Teddie and Chie through the whole game because the old actors didn't come back for the new lines.

As for Junpei and Aigis... I think Junpei getting recast sounds like a good bet. I hope so, at least. Aigis... I'm less confident on that one. Her views weren't as huge a news story as Vic's crimes and it's possible they won't care as much even if they do know about them.
Karen's problematic views were big enough to get on Nintendo's radar, but they're usually more proactive on this kind of thing. And even with them, it took a while.

Lui

Sep 22, 2022
yeah Vic is 900% gone, Karen though I wouldn't be surprised if she stays around. And for the rest of the characters I would assume they stay as well (bar any scheduling problems I guess)

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Eh, maybe Atlus keeps their japanese voices but they've been so inconsistent at keeping the english cast in the past. The P4 cast changed voice actors so many times throughout all the spin-offs
Idk what happened with Teddie and Chie but Kanji and Rise's VAs couldn't come back because of scheduling conflicts. Those two became the biggest VAs in the industry so yeah, it was bound to cause issues

Remember that they both came back for Full Body

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Idk what happened with Teddie and Chie but Kanji and Rise's VAs couldn't come back because of scheduling conflicts. Those two became the biggest VAs in the industry so yeah, it was bound to cause issues

In Laura's case, she has her son & Critical Role to worry about on top of being super-prolific. So scheduling conflicts are inevitable.

Ashes of Dreams

Banned
May 22, 2020
Karen's problematic views were big enough to get on Nintendo's radar, but they're usually more proactive on this kind of thing. And even with them, it took a while.
Yeah but they're still nowhere near the same level as notoriety as Vic's become. I just don't feel quite as confident about that one getting recast as I would Vic.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah but they're still nowhere near the same level as notoriety as Vic's become. I just don't feel quite as confident about that one getting recast as I would Vic.
That's why I'm saying the odds of her being recast are 50/50. I'm not gonna rule it out, but I (sadly) wouldn't be surprised if they don't. That's why I mentioned to Nintendo usually being faster about this kind of thing, as they distanced themselves from Reuben before Capcom eventually did.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
What happened with Aigis? Sounds vaguely familiar. She also voiced Nanako right?

Pseudo

Dec 16, 2022
Strassman's wasn't that good as Aigis so she definitely won't be missed. Vic has to go but his Junpei is iconic so his replacement will have some big shoes to fill.

OP
OP
nsilvias

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Remake? I guess I missed an announcement?
a leak

www.resetera.com

Possible first footage of the rumoured PERSONA 3 Remake & the new Jet Set Radio (#TeamReal vs #TeamFake) Rumor

This was posted on Persona subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/PERSoNA/comments/12g87r6/cant_find_any_information_on_this_clip_original/ https://streamable.com/ju11mt Edit: https://twitter.com/AVtoGAMEnoYAMI/status/1644990912328798208 Jet Set Radio footage also showing up...

Ashes of Dreams

Banned
May 22, 2020
Strassman's wasn't that good as Aigis so she definitely won't be missed. Vic has to go but his Junpei is iconic so his replacement will have some big shoes to fill.
I feel the opposite. Never cared for Vic's Junpei much. He just sounded like some dude. But Stassman's Aigis was iconic to me back in 2007. Was so disappointed she turned out to be a Trumper. Hope they're both gone of course but it'll take me awhile to adjust to anyone else as Aigis.

Ashes of Dreams

Banned
May 22, 2020
Liam O'Brien did a small sponsored stream on the Critical Role channel where he played P3P a bit and made some comments about Akihiko. They didn't seem like comments from someone with a full memory of the content of P3 itself, he mostly was like "I remember something about protein" which means he was probably recalling P4 Arena or PQ.

This means literally nothing. But it could technically mean either they haven't recorded the English dialogue yet... or he's been replaced.
... it actually means nothing though but I had to put up with my brain thinking this so now you all had to put up with reading it.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's a reboot, not a continuation or spinoff, so yeah, I think they might recast everyone.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Junpei almost certainly will get recast, if Sega/Atlus is smart so will Aigis. Otherwise Atlus is pretty determined about getting their English VAs to return as long as they're available.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I'd be pretty bummed if thr MC, Mitusuru, Akihiko, or Yukari were recast. Junpei is a given unless they just straight up reuse the old dub. I'm less certain about Aigis. I kinda feel like her Fire Emblem recast was a coincidence and not really a response to her social media / political views. Her stuff didn't make as much of a wave as far as I can tell.

TheExtra

May 14, 2020
It'll be either a mix of old and new, or an entirely new cast.

I think enough time has passed for me not to mind whatever choice they make there.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

I think for Chie it was just that her VA had retired from the industry not long after the original P4 and it'd been so long since then that they couldn't get her back. I don't remember what Teddie's deal was and honestly had forgotten he was recast.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I think for Chie it was just that her VA had retired from the industry not long after the original P4 and it'd been so long since then that they couldn't get her back. I don't remember what Teddie's deal was and honestly had forgotten he was recast.
Same. I don't even remember what Teddie's OG voice sounded like

This just made me realize that out of the entire investigation team, only 3 characters have retained their original VAs (Yu, Yosuke, Yukiko)

TorianElecdra

Feb 25, 2020
vic mignogna is likely gone due to his shittyness but what about the rest? i kind of feel like atlus will mostly bring back the og cast if possible. im not sure how the dancing games handled the p3 cast since i didnt play it but the p3 movies have never been dubbed so idk what to expect.
Was he Junpei's?

So long as Akihiko and Mitsuru sound the same, they're all I care about.
This is me lol

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Teddie's VA left because he decided to stop doing non-union dubs, and Atlus didn't change that policy until P5 Royal.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
Liam O'Brien did a small sponsored stream on the Critical Role channel where he played P3P a bit and made some comments about Akihiko. They didn't seem like comments from someone with a full memory of the content of P3 itself, he mostly was like "I remember something about protein" which means he was probably recalling P4 Arena or PQ.

This means literally nothing. But it could technically mean either they haven't recorded the English dialogue yet... or he's been replaced.
... it actually means nothing though but I had to put up with my brain thinking this so now you all had to put up with reading it.
Atlus didn't start doing the dub for Persona 5 until it was already launched in Japan.

Ashes of Dreams

Banned
May 22, 2020
Atlus didn't start doing the dub for Persona 5 until it was already launched in Japan.
Yeah but things are different now. Shin Megami Tensei V and Soul Hackers 2 both launched worldwide with both dubs. Modern Persona ports were also worldwide though that's obviously less a big deal. Given the leaks say Persona 3 Remake has been in the works for years already and they didn't do the old Atlus thing of announcing it the day they decided to make it, I think they've changed how they approach releases in general under SEGA.

Of course, I still don't actually think the Liam stream means literally anything. I'm just bored. lol

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to live in a Liam O'Brienless Akihiko world. Tara Platt as Mitsuru and Elizabeth too. Michelle Ruff as Yukari too.

If they stay I'll be happy.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna assume you mean English. Junpei for sure, maybe Aigis as well since Karen was booted off of Anna in FE Engage. Ken & Fuuka will likely get their P4A(U) actors.
Karen voiced Hana again in Fire Emblem Heroes after Engage was released, so I doubt she was recast in Engage because of her views and it was probably just them wanting a different voice because Engage's Anna is a lot younger than the other versions of her.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Vic Mignogna is most definitely getting recast for the dub. Karen Strassman is a coin flip. She isn't exactly a busy voice actress and she is nowhere near as much of a liability as Mignogna.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There will be riots if they recast Mitsuru and Akihiko

they are perfect

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Huh. I didn't realize until now Edelgard and Mitsuru's VA was the same person.

On topic, I expect ATLUS to bring back all the not piece of shit VAs for the remake. So everyone but Junpei and Aigis.