Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
akihiko-ive-been-waiting-for-this.png

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Then they will make Shin Makami next exclusive to Switch. Fucking Atlus. Just put everything everywhere. And stop this marketing embargo crap.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Oh christ they're not doing that thing where they hold it back for a Direct again

But on the other hand they just announced Tactica for Switch so who knows

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tactica got its Switch port announced, so I guess it's not happening.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised people haven't made a bigger deal out of Microsoft buying timed trailer exclusives. It's incredibly lame.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Switch 2 release most likely. Atlus not gonna skip the Switch gravy train

I'm surprised people haven't made a bigger deal out of Microsoft buying timed trailer exclusives. It's incredibly lame.

MS badly needs some Japanese support. So if they're willing to pay a premium to showcase, don't think Sony or Nintendo will lose sleep in the news

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Until the next Direct ends without an announcement i still think it was delayed for it, you gotta believe until the very end

Make no sense if it was developed since 2019

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I guess the hopium is that Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about 5 Tactics and only wants to make a big deal out of 3 Remake in a direct. Still bizarre that company did apparently a mock up of Switch box art.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
They have. It's one of those things people are mad about for 48 hours and then it doesn't matter.

It's one thing where I doubt any backlash will actually do anything as we all know the game now and I agree, it is lame.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Shame about no switch, these games thrive on mobile platforms. Will be playing this one largely on xCloud I think

unknown_nut

Sep 12, 2022
Day 1 on Steam for me. I don't see why this game couldn't be on Switch though. Persona 5 was on the PS3 and this looks to be in that ballpark in terms of visuals and Persona 5 Royal is on Switch.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
You haven't been paying much attention then lol
ironically, this is probably the biggest hint we've had that Nintnedo likely has at least a Partner Showcase coming in the Summer (unless they wait for September for some reason).

…you know, considering this is Atlus and Nintendo, that's actually disturbingly plausible
Tactica has been announced for the Switch so this is Atlus pulling a Atlus.

Erdago

Apr 2, 2020
ironically, this is probably the biggest hint we've had that Nintnedo likely has at least a Partner Showcase coming in the Summer (unless they wait for September for some reason).

…you know, considering this is Atlus and Nintendo, that's actually disturbingly plausible

Lui

Sep 22, 2022
Its like the least problematic sort of "timed marketing exclusive" (I don't know what to call it). Like if they started getting timed exclusive demos or exclusive social links then yeah i'd agree with the frustration but most people know these aren't exclusive anyways. And besides plenty people are upset about it lol.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Like, it's not that surprising. P5 was a PS3 game so it made it over, but after SH2 it was unlikely anything else new would imo (unless it looks like Tactica). It'll come out for the successor.

Holmes

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They might just announce it for Switch at a later time like they did for the P3P, P4G, P5R ports.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Wait, they did they announce this all these days later for PS? I thought it was Xbox and PC exclusive

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Its like the least problematic sort of "timed marketing exclusive" (I don't know what to call it). Like if they started getting timed exclusive demos or exclusive social links then yeah i'd agree with the frustration but most people know these aren't exclusive anyways. And besides plenty people are upset about it lol.

It's one of those lame things that is really annoying for the embargo period but just becomes a non issue after the 2 days. But it is really annoying lol

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
They might just announce it for Switch at a later time like they did for the P3P, P4G, P5R ports.
As mentioned earlier, they would've held back P5T's Switch reveal if that was the case.

Is it? We have no precedent on that either because their approach last time was so stupid

Could just be they had to announce P5T because it was coming a good deal sooner

Also I did already say that:
It'd be like if they announced P3P's Switch port right away but saved P4G's for the 2022 Partners Showcase. It makes no sense, even by Atlus standards.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
It'd be like if they announced P3P's Switch port right away but saved P4G's for the 2022 Partners Showcase. It makes no sense, even by Atlus standards.
I don't think you can really say anything on Atlus' release strategy for certain

If P5T is getting preorders live soon that might be why, it is a completely separate entry and is releasing months earlier. P3P and P4G released the same time