DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
A Monk followup movie will be coming to Peacock. The NBCU streamer has ordered Mr. Monk's Last Case: A Monk Movie, starring Tony Shalhoub in a reprisal of his titular role from the USA series, along with original series cast members Ted Levine (On Becoming a God in Central Florida), Traylor Howard (Boston Common), Jason Gray-Stanford (Percy Jackson and The Olympians), Melora Hardin (The Office) and Hector Elizondo (Pretty Woman). The project hails from the original series creative team including creator, executive producer and writer Andy Breckman, executive producer David Hoberman, executive producer/director Randy Zisk. The studio behind the movie is UCP, a division of Universal Studio Group.
In the follow-up movie, Monk, a brilliant San Francisco-based detective with obsessive-compulsive disorder, returns to solve one last, very personal case involving his beloved step-daughter Molly, a journalist preparing for her wedding.

"When creator Andy Breckman came to us with a new Monk case set in present day, we immediately fell in love with this story all over again," said Michael Sluchan, EVP, Movies, Kids, Daytime, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. "The movie has the heart and humor of the original series with a contemporary relevance, and we're overjoyed to work with the original creative team, including Andy, David Hoberman, Randy Zisk, the unparalleled Tony Shalhoub, and our partners at UCP, for what is sure to be a must-see movie event for Peacock audiences."
"New and returning fans of Monk will love how this creative team was able to preserve all that we admire about Adrian Monk while bringing him into the present," said Beatrice Springborn, President, UCP. "We can't wait for Peacock viewers to experience this fresh, fun and imaginative film."
deadline.com

‘Monk’ Returns As Peacock Orders Followup Movie Starring Tony Shalhoub & Original Series Cast

A Monk followup movie will be coming to Peacock. The NBCU streamer has ordered Mr. Monk’s Last Case: A Monk Movie, starring Tony Shalhoub in a reprisal of his titular role from the USA series…

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't the show have an ending? I don't think I saw it but I thought I had read that they found Trudy's killer?

Funny thing about this show is that the actresses who played both Sharona and Natalie basically never acted again after they left

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Used to love this show. Bring it on! Maybe I'll do a rewatch, can't remember any season really dropping off in quality

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
I always figured this was due for a return series/special sooner or later. Sure, I'm in.

coldzone24

Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Hmm this will be interesting because if I recall correctly, Monk changed a lotttt by the last episode so I wonder what he will be like in this. But I'm in either way!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to this doing well and getting Mr Monks Last Case 2.

PlatStrat

Oct 27, 2017
Can this finally be the Monk/Psych crossover or will that just never happen? It seems so obvious that it's ridiculous at this point that it hasn't happened

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the show have an ending? I don't think I saw it but I thought I had read that they found Trudy's killer?

Funny thing about this show is that the actresses who played both Sharona and Natalie basically never acted again after they left

They found Trudy's killer and Monk connected with her lost daughter. It sounds like the daughter is central to this special's mystery.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
It blew my mind back in the day that Jason Gray-Stanford had done some voice acting for Ocean like Joe in the Fatal Fury OVAs and the original Radditz.
rs_634x1024-220225124733-634-Jason-Gray-Stanford-GettyImages-946383378.jpg

Looking this up, I guess he had some heart trouble recently? Poor guy.
www.eonline.com

Monk Actor Jason Gray-Stanford Shares Harrowing Battle With Heart Failure - E! Online

In a new personal essay, Jason Gray-Stanford opened up about his experience with heart failure and how "close to death" he was before undergoing transplant surgery.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Still wish we could have gotten an extra 2 seasons so we'd have 10 altogether , but a movie will suffice.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
I wonder if they will show how Adrian Monk handled the lockdown.

Also this brings us one step closer to the Monk, Psych and White Collar cross over mini series.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm so pumped for this.

And, you know, again, Psych movie crossover please. Spencer/Monk Power Hour please. And then do one more crossover with Pokerface (it can be a dream sequence like when Scooby Doo met Jabberjaw and Captain Caveman if they want, I just want it).

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
Man my dad would have loved this final movie. Going to watch it with my mom, they loved Monk

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
Always kind of wanted a Monk and Psych crossover.

Can this finally be the Monk/Psych crossover or will that just never happen? It seems so obvious that it's ridiculous at this point that it hasn't happened
I got very angry at the finale of Psych when Shawn and Gus were in San Francisco and there was a very blatant reference implying that Monk was literally just in the other room. Just fucking follow through, dammit.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I got very angry at the finale of Psych when Shawn and Gus were in San Francisco and there was a very blatant reference implying that Monk was literally just in the other room. Just fucking follow through, dammit.

According to the Psychologists Are In Podcast, Shalhoub really wanted to do it but couldn't because of shooting conflicts. At the time they were kind of the flagship shows for USA which before them was known primarily for Silk Stockings.

Banshee

Oct 27, 2017
Missouri
Man, my grandma would have loved this. I may have to watch it in her memory, even if it was never really a show for me.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Monk is a great, great show.

But not binge-able in the slightest tho, so go slow if you're catching up.

Last edited:

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Didnt the therapist die?

And no Sharona :/

Edit: oh wait Elizonfo was the second therapist

Last edited:

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
I'm a little disappointed that it sounds like the last case, and that it's not a psych crossover.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
I can't speak for Monk or Psych but White Collar has a pretty decent enough finale to end the series, I don't think it needs to come back. It also doesn't help that Willie Garson's absence would be very much felt if they tried to do so.

Agreed. Can't do White Collar without Mozzie. Burn Notice on the other hand...

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I love Monk but this movie unfortunately comes too late for German Monk fans as Tony Shalhoub's German voice actor Bodo Wolf has retired last year. Wouldn't be the same without him :(