ozumas

Born to be Wise and Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 15, 2020
At least they are not totally against mods lol seeing how big addons are in WoW and how they are forbidden in FFXIV is a bit sad (I know this is totally off-topic)

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
That Nude Clive model is gonna get a lot of use
g7clnzk0bs7b1.jpg

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Weird question to ask a dev in the first place since most won't answer with mods they want to see.

Dewot

Sep 12, 2023
At least they are not totally against mods lol seeing how big addons are in WoW and how they are forbidden in FFXIV is a bit sad (I know this is totally off-topic)

They're forbidden in FFXIV because it's a console game. The second you officially allow mods and don't crack down on them when you see them PC players are going to have an incredible competitive advantage in world first races, PVP and the like, and will start demanding content be designed around the assumption that you have them they way they are in WoW.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
I have a feeling i read about them saying the exact same thing when ffxv came out on pc years ago, but not sure.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
He's traumatized after seeing the insanity that FFXIV modders get up to. Some next level degeneracy in that modding scene and I can't imagine the types of reports he's had to deal with due to it. So I get it. Won't work, but I get it.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
There are... five characters with nude models already in the main game lol, maybe more that I might be forgetting.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Clive was already gonna be nude day 1 but now someone is gonna make a mod where he's pregnant.

FR though IDK what Yoshi-P thinks he is accomplishing with this.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saying things like this almost gives the opposite effect. Sure Yoshi the internet will listen just like your XIV product.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They're not really forbidden, just don't talk about them in the game. Plenty of people run add ons, I have some in mine. If you don't talk about them in public chat it's not really an issue. You can actually kinda get away with mentioning them in FC chat etc for example. Ofc I'm sure to some extent it depends what you're looking to mod, but I run add ons through dalamud for house building and team damage readouts etc, but I know there's players out there running far more horny mods.

Just don't make noise about it in public channels and it shouldn't be an issue

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Nice marketing move there.

They're not really forbidden, just don't talk about them in the game. Plenty of people run add ons, I have some in mine. If you don't talk about them in public chat it's not really an issue. You can actually kinda get away with mentioning them in FC chat etc for example. Ofc I'm sure to some extent it depends what you're looking to mod, but I run add ons through dalamud for house building and team damage readouts etc, but I know there's players out there running far more horny mods.

Just don't make noise about it in public channels and it shouldn't be an issue
Yeah, I mod my FFXIV all the time, mostly textures and whatnot, client side ones.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
We are already close. Thanks to the pc demo, we already know how to decrypt the games files and how to swap models in the game with each other. We just need a .mdl -> .fbx conversion path and vice versa.