Antoo

May 1, 2019

he seems to believe it was publicly announced already so maybe he saw an article from a bad source OR he slipped up and this is actually happening. all i want is zhao back tbh. the first film is flawed as fuck, but i really appreciated her voice shining through the project. she deserves a second shot to refine things. there are dozens of us that liked the first film! DOZENS!

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
I thought the movie was just okay, but wanna see the plot points they set up continue. So bring it on.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't love The Eternals, but there's a kernel of something great in there somewhere, and hopefully they can bring it out in a sequel. The visuals alone mean I'll watch it if it is really happening.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You know what that means? More Makkari

72580d4528436686b9c81b50eda2cfdbecbddfa4.gifv

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be up for a sequel. The first one had its problems, but it was still mostly good imo.

Jan 20, 2022
I didn't mind Eternals and I actually quite enjoyed Zhao's direction. Problem was it felt like an entire trilogy crammed into one movie. With a better script I think Eternals could work really well

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Hoping she can smash it out of the park this time. The movie did a lot of things I didn't like, but the groundwork was there for something amazing.

It's too much to hope for an Ikaris redemption, is it?

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Less weird character behavior and relationships and more beautiful scenery and giant space gods please.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
I'm down since I'll assume they keep it much more focused on the present-day. Eternals has some good potential for cosmic shenanigans.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I assume they'll make it star some of the major Avengers and make it a big team up as a way to get people into the theater.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
They will have to put the GOTG and Black Panther in it or something lmfao.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Was a very good movie with some unfortunate Marvel junk shoehorned in (i.e. anything and everything involving Bill Skarsgard's dumb villain). I'll take ten more over almost anything else they're doing these days.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping she can smash it out of the park this time. The movie did a lot of things I didn't like, but the groundwork was there for something amazing.

It's too much to hope for an Ikaris redemption, is it?

Nah, that character simply flew too close to the sun

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
As flawed as the first one was, I think there is enough good there to warrant Zhao coming back.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Thats great news honestly, this one would probably be way more accessible being as it won't have to tell a millennium spanning origin story

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I actually thought Eternals wasn't that bad. Especially after hearing how horrible it was for months on the internet.

I liked it a lot more than Shang Chi, Black Widow and then Dr Strange 2.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Externals was the most interesting Marvel movie I've seen in a while. I really liked it.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
no no no, we need another sex scene.
Yeah no, I want the Drukkari ship to stay pure and not engage in weird wooden sex.
But with a character named Eros, there will be sex. I mean it would be weird if it won't.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I actually thought Eternals wasn't that bad. Especially after hearing how horrible it was for months on the internet.

I liked it a lot more than Shang Chi, Black Widow and then Dr Strange 2.

Dunno about Black Widow because Yelena carried it hard for me, but Dr. Strange? Yea I can agree on that

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Now that all of the goddamn setup is out of the way, maybe they can make something unburdened by so much exposition

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I recently watched Eternals and didn't expect much going in... and it turned out to be my favorite phase 4 movie so far. Very surprised by the negative reception and would love a sequel.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I liked her direction but I found the screenplay to really be conspicuously awful, in honestly every aspect, from dialogue to plot to characterization. Every joke fell flat and even the worst MCU films have some funny moments. Give Zhao another shot at directing for sure but get some other writers in there.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
An Eternals 2 with a smaller core cast would likely be much more enjoyable and work better as a movie than the first one, which actually felt like it needed to be a Disney Plus series to introduce all of the characters and give them all some time in the spotlight.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Someday they'll address the man in the ocean. Even if it's just a throwaway background sighting on like a newspaper or something.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Better be prepared to live in front of a blue screen if they move forward with it. No way they allow that much location filming this time around.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
It was a truly terrible film and I'd much rather see that director go on to make amazing, unique movies instead of getting chewed up in the Disney machine, but maybe that's just me

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Yeah I just want more of what the first movie tried to do. Definitely bring Zhao back. With a less all-encompassing story it could be really good.