Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Title.png

1-General-Information-2.png

2-Characters.png

3-1000fold.png

4-Battles.png

Shout outs to iFirez for the amazing GoT OT and for being a constant source of inspiration and mazi for this, and the many other review threads!

Last edited:

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loved the title!

I'll play it tomorrow after starting GoT later tonight.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Man all I can think about with that title is how bad the accents were in Heavy Rain...

Cool OT though!

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Lovely OT - just ordered a copy so shall hop in here sometime this weekend hopefully.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT! I'm excited to dive into this tomorrow! Been listening to some of the music on Youtube in the meantime and it's just incredible.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perfect title and great job with the OT!

I'm still excited to play the game, the writing looks great and it helps that the game is just gorgeous to look at.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Xavi This is such a nice OT. I love the aesthetic!

I've got my copy arriving tomorrow but won't be playing it until I finish Ghost of Tsushima. This should be a nice break from all the Mongol slaying when I finish GoT and move on to this.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT! Picking up my copy at Best Buy tomorrow via curbside pickup. This and Ghosts are going to compliment each other quite well.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Have it ordered. Not sure when it will be arriving in the mail, but looking forward to it!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna be an interesting experience. My time with Color Splash was one where I would keep thinking to myself "man, this game is SO CLOSE to being great" but it was mainly the fighting that held it back.

Hoping I can get this finished or at least a good chunk of it done before possibly getting hired for a new job/returning to work.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to snag an early copy from a local shop, been playing it off and on during my work day.

It's my first Paper Mario game, I'm really enjoying it.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Played one hour, looks great, sounds great, the handholding is getting on my nerves. Will see if it clicks once it opens up because as of now the level design has been brain dead.
I liked SS and Color Splash, I think the former had a faster opening. Holding my judgement on the battle system for later.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Great OT

Can't wait to start this. My copy just shipped, so hopefully it gets here in time.

I'm so hyped to hear the soundtrack. IS never disappoints in that regard.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to decide if I should install this on my Lite or my main Switch. It probably is something I'm gonna want to play on the TV.

Jan 11, 2018
Will be picking this up tomorrow. I'm going in blind other than the first trailer, and I can't wait to see where this crazy adventure takes me.

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to find some games to trade-in to Gamestop so I can use that credit towards the "don't like it, return it!" promo.

Fun fact about that, apparently a bunch of games were delisted from Gamestop's system due to reorganizing after the pandemic, and like, half the stuff I wanted to trade-in is just not possible right now T_T

hsojlightfoot

AVALANCHE
Apr 6, 2020
Went ahead and bought it. Will be a nice calm thing to play after slashing things with a sword in ghost of tsushima.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT!

I'm busy this weekend, but I've got some time off next week and am looking forward to a deep dive into the game then!

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
My dog woke me up at around 2am so I've been playing this for the past 3 hours or so.it's really fun. I've been doing every battle and haven't avoided any enemy yet. I think they are pretty fun as they are essentially just easy little puzzles to solve.

I'm picking up Tsushima later today, still unsure if I'll pause this to play that or finish this first.

Jun 20, 2019
The ring combat system reminds me a little of Radiant Historia's system with the ability to manipulate opponents' positions. Manipulating positioning is more central to the experience here and more like a puzzle since there are far more variables to play with. Radiant Historian battles only have a 3x3 grid, this has 40 slots total, 4x10 arranged radially.

I think I'll give it a shot.

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
Reviews sent my SO and me over the edge. I think we're going to grab a copy to share.

I'm surprised by the length of the game, but I was enticed by how (allegedly) the battle puzzles get more complex as the game goes on and how they don't seem to overdo the combat. That was definitely my biggest worry since the battles seemed both pretty simple and way too time consuming from all the trailers/gameplay we watched.

Pido

Oct 30, 2017
The ring combat system reminds me a little of Radiant Historia's system with the ability to manipulate opponents' positions. Manipulating positioning is more central to the experience here and more like a puzzle since there are far more variables to play with. Radiant Historian battles only have a 3x3 grid, this has 40 slots total, 4x10 arranged radially.

I think I'll give it a shot.
Yes. Some reviews have said that puzzles can become quite complex later on hence buying hints with coins.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Combat looks interesting, story seems fun and the game looks beautiful. I'm looking forward to playing this tomorrow.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Great OT!
At the end I kept my pre-order and it should be shipped this night, so I will start it tomorrow evening. From the reviews it is clear it won't be a masterpiece, but it seems that it will be a nice game with very good exploration - and I also like puzzles, so I hope the puzzle moments will be interesting too.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
Any worthwhile anecdotes about the story? I'm interested to know if it exceeds Color Splash in quality by a considerable margin.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I'm in the first world. The gameplay loop is starting to get steam, items and powerups are cool, the adventure feeling is light years above Color Splash.
As of now I've only used coins to buy stuff and to fuck up with battles, the only reason I'm not avoiding enemies is because I want to get good at the puzzle game.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just shipped from amazon, will be my first Paper Mario game. After reading so much about it I decided to listen to my guts after that reveal trailer and just enjoy the ride for what it is. Looks splendid to me.