Oct 25, 2017
F2P "cozy mmo" Palia is broadcasting a pre-recorded hour-long preview of gameplay from the title in just a few minutes (edit: over), with commentary from some of the lead developers. If you were interested in the game, whether you saw it in the latest Nintendo Direct or you've been following it for a while, this is your chance to see it if you haven't participated in testing. Recordings will be available after the broadcast.

The game is coming to Switch this holiday season, and PC before that, but this is almost certainly all PC footage and there has been no announced Switch version beta.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPPIeYqraZg

You can also watch it on their Twitch channel
https://www.twitch.tv/playpalia

If you liked what you saw or are curious, you can make an account on their website and prepare for the PC closed beta/open beta in early August.
palia.com

Coming Soon: Palia’s PC Public Beta!

Players can now create their own account on Palia.com starting today!

Other big discussion thread:
www.resetera.com

Ex-Riot devs unveil Palia, a community MMO that's more focused on baking pies than slaying beasts

https://accounts.palia.com/sign-up?referral=7df43e5a-575e-4b0f-ad54-b79728f018af

Last edited:
OP
OP
GenericBadBrie
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, this isn't coming to consoles?
A Switch/PC only release is an odd combo.
I grabbed this from the Switch announcement:

Will Palia be released on other platforms?

Right now our primary focus is having Palia be available on Nintendo Switch and PC. We're aware of the demand for other platforms, so please keep an eye on our channels for future announcements!

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
OP
OP
GenericBadBrie
Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for them to just load in with the UI and all. That looked like the promo reels from earlier press releases.

Edit: There we go

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"Humans coming back for the first time in thousands of years" Oh no, how're they going to fuck this place up.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
they're in the metaverse

bafkreiantincgeh4v2572di763xuk5yenpzkpjliuikvr26cwt362xyfjm@jpeg

Jun 1, 2021
This looks right up my alley. Very excited. Like the art style, will age well.

Performance looks a little spotty though, but hopefully smoother for the beta.

RUFF BEEST

Jun 10, 2022
Toronto, ON
Shame it's not overhead perspective. That's a huge part of why Stardew works so well. Trying to farm while running around at ground-level 3D keeping your spatial awareness running is just not as relaxing.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
this game is so pretty but i'm not sure how it'll hold me with no pve :<

have they gone on over how the mmorpg housing element works? individual servers with permanent housing plots? or something like world of warcrafts sharding system with instances

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That an energy meter under the name? I really hope not. Wasn't a fan of it in Stardew.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
To be honest the character creator looks very basic and the fact that you can only be a human in a world that clearly has more than just humans is an odd decision.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
This doesn't look bad, but why does everything and everyone in western fantasy games have to be shaded in purple or pink with accents of lime green if there is magic involved.

This is very common in various games, from stylised stuff to realistic art styles. I started to notice it in World of warcraft, then it spread to other games.

Jun 1, 2021
To be honest the character creator looks very basic and the fact that you can only be a human in a world that clearly has more than just humans is an odd decision.

Humans coming back is part of the story they want to tell, so I see why it is like that.

It is a little basic but I saw a Hijab and also different hairstyles for people with different types of hair so already better than some.

modernist

Jan 13, 2018
only dipped in to see the trailer and will watch the full stream later. the ideas and systems of this game looked like a fun breath of fresh air, i just wish this had a little more individual style and personality. first impression is that its got a little bit of kinda mobile-ish quality to the art style

Fulcrum

Nov 7, 2022
Looks cool, but I hate that art style. Something about it just triggers me. Hope the best for them.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Boys Club Behaviour; History of the Same
tenor.gif

whos the host?

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
different body sizes? or is everyone skinny
Just the 2 body types, which is where I feel the character creator is very basic. Its one thing to have a bunch of fantasy races and what not of varying sizes. But just human with only 2 body types and some face and eye options? Plenty of great hair options but ehhhhh. Pretty bad for an MMO launching in 2023.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just the 2 body types, which is where I feel the character creator is very basic. Its one thing to have a bunch of fantasy races and what not of varying sizes. But just human with only 2 body types and some face and eye options? Plenty of great hair options but ehhhhh. Pretty bad for an MMO launching in 2023.

yeah, i love the art style but the lack of variety gives me f2p vibes

OP
OP
GenericBadBrie
Oct 25, 2017
Halfway through and no other players yet! I want to see how the online part of this MMO is going to play out.

Edit: Well its being discussed as I typed this but I'm hoping to see it.

yeah, i love the art style but the lack of variety gives me f2p vibes

The game is F2P, lol. I think they said they are getting into the cosmetic microtransactions during this stream.