• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
First Mystery Heroes match of the night is an attack on Route66 map, and the enemy team starts with Orisa, Torb, Lucio, Moira, Doomfist and Pharah.

We barely budged the payload from its start position.

Yep, it's Friday.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Another good session, another season high. Plat can't hold us forever.

nodm6Nu.jpg

The path to diamond is clear.

Last edited:

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Another good session, another season high. Plat can't hold us forever.

It was super fun, prepare to be salty tomorrow.

Overwatch gives and then takes even more. rip

Also I love how my brain stops working while playing this game. As Tracer if I see a Bastion ulting it's probably a good idea to not get too close to him... but there I was with my balls with the size of the moon. And then I saw the spawn room.

Edit: also overbuff stats suck ass if you switch characters a lot during the game, I don't know why they just don't use the values we see on career profile.

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Gonna put a pin in this and use it to compare my PC performance. I at least wanna hit mid to high gold this season.
I think climbing with lucio is complicated without a main tank friend... at least in gold, people don't really understand your value and will scatter across the field, making most of lucio's value useless :/ that's what I remember from when i was starting, it was bad in og lucio and it only got worse.
If you can't find one, focus on not dying and improve your shotcalling... unless you can become stanky and hard carry, in that case you carry. Not dying was the skill that got me to diamond, and I started on gold too(only started placing on plat by season 6 tbh, even though i'd always end the season at 2800)

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
God I hate healers that stick to their friends and ignore everyone else. The one of the worst types of support players.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gonna put a pin in this and use it to compare my PC performance. I at least wanna hit mid to high gold this season.
Probably the character who's value is hardest to quantify. Today I booped and ulting Rein into a put on KOTH which won us a match, stuff like that is great. But speed boosting a DPS into a flank, booping an enemy away from your team to buy time, or away from a support. Causing havoc by just dodging like a mad man. Finishing off kills. And just speed boost in general. Lucio is fucking amazing. Today I was out of position during a team fight and we got wiped, who knows what would've happened if I had been in position but im sure that somehow even with minimal healing and damage that I could have made some kind of difference whatever it may have been. Even when I play him it's hard to know how much of an impact I'm having, all I know is that we win games way more often when I do.

He's definitely my favorite character, and when things are clicking as Lucio... *swoon*

I need to make a video of when I was alone in an enclosed area with an enemy Rein and Hanzo in Route 66, juked and killed Hanzo, damaged and avoided Rein until reinforcements showed up and finished off the kill. So satisfying.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me, played a game where we wiped the enemy team and instead of people getting on the cart, they just went into their spawn. We were inches away from the last point but we lost because I was literally the only one on the cart.

So frustrating.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Probably the character who's value is hardest to quantify. Today I booped and ulting Rein into a put on KOTH which won us a match, stuff like that is great. But speed boosting a DPS into a flank, booping an enemy away from your team to buy time, or away from a support. Causing havoc by just dodging like a mad man. Finishing off kills. And just speed boost in general. Lucio is fucking amazing. Today I was out of position during a team fight and we got wiped, who knows what would've happened if I had been in position but im sure that somehow even with minimal healing and damage that I could have made some kind of difference whatever it may have been. Even when I play him it's hard to know how much of an impact I'm having, all I know is that we win games way more often when I do.

He's definitely my favorite character, and when things are clicking as Lucio... *swoon*

I need to make a video of when I was alone in an enclosed area with an enemy Rein and Hanzo in Route 66, juked and killed Hanzo, damaged and avoided Rein until reinforcements showed up and finished off the kill. So satisfying.
I know that feel.

Lúcio is really that hero where stats mean close to nothing imo... the best plays I remember making where always these non flashy perfect timed song swap that made a guy escape from a tracer or topped a zen long enough for him to ult. I've played with him long enough to know how much impact i'm making, but most of the time my teammates won't know, it's a really selfless class. Boops are cool and he can get some kills, but being able to fast forward and slowdown your team is an amazing feeling, especially when you know the enemy team is hopeless in front of your team. I like him because even with my average stats i can still coordinate pushes and enable my team to do crazy sweeps that wouldn't have happened if i was in other support.

Blizzard really nailed his gameflow, i may have my times when i go other heroes but going lucio always hits home, i could stop playing ow for a month or two and come back to play him and still play as well as the day I left. I can't do that with anyone else, it's like learning to ride a bike, it becomes a part of you @-@

I was thinking of this while playing him today, at least :s

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know that feel.

Lúcio is really that hero where stats mean close to nothing imo... the best plays I remember making where always these non flashy perfect timed song swap that made a guy escape from a tracer or topped a zen long enough for him to ult. I've played with him long enough to know how much impact i'm making, but most of the time my teammates won't know, it's a really selfless class. Boops are cool and he can get some kills, but being able to fast forward and slowdown your team is an amazing feeling, especially when you know the enemy team is hopeless in front of your team. I like him because even with my average stats i can still coordinate pushes and enable my team to do crazy sweeps that wouldn't have happened if i was in other support.

Blizzard really nailed his gameflow, i may have my times when i go other heroes but going lucio always hits home, i could stop playing ow for a month or two and come back to play him and still play as well as the day I left. I can't do that with anyone else, it's like learning to ride a bike, it becomes a part of you @-@

I was thinking of this while playing him today, at least :s
As I've shifted away from a Tracer one trick to a fill/support main player my rank overall has dropped. But when I first picked up Lucio I had a 30% win rate with him and it was considered a throw pick when I picked him in our group (even though I thought I was playing just fine) nowadays he's by far my highest win rate of any character I play regularly. And I feel like I understand the character 100x better than I used too.

He may have an impact that is hard to quantify but the thing I'm proudest about in the last few seasons is more than doubling my Lucio win rate. Don't tell me it's all luck. He's a hero who can totally change the outcome of a game.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think climbing with lucio is complicated without a main tank friend... at least in gold, people don't really understand your value and will scatter across the field, making most of lucio's value useless :/ that's what I remember from when i was starting, it was bad in og lucio and it only got worse.
If you can't find one, focus on not dying and improve your shotcalling... unless you can become stanky and hard carry, in that case you carry. Not dying was the skill that got me to diamond, and I started on gold too(only started placing on plat by season 6 tbh, even though i'd always end the season at 2800)
Yeah, I think dying's my biggest issue. I average 6-7 deaths throughout an entire game, which I feel can easily be improved. I know my positioning is way better than it used to be and I can better control angles, but I still get overzealous and run at low tanks while screaming a battle cry. My heals are getting better too, although the problem is as you said; I can't tell how dependent that is on my team being able to actually group up on fights, and how much of that is on me not always being in a good position. I do know however that I still Amp at stupid times on reflex; like, I can feel my finger hitting the button while saying "why did you waste it?" So I'm going to have to retrain myself out of just Amping the moment one bullet hits my tank's shield.

But yeah, the two things I want to focus on: positioning (not dying) and healing as much as possible (stop spamming Amp), and I think I'm at a point where I can do it. Just got 13,000 heals, a card, and a literal threat to friend someone or else on the placement match I just did a few minutes ago, so I'm feelin' good!

I think the difficulty in quantifying him makes it that much more enticing to want to get better at him, because there's always that feeling of "if I had just done x, I would've won." I'm always apt to blame myself when something stupid happens, and I think being self-critical and rewatching the kill feeds really helps.

And I know what you mean about things "clicking." I never remember to save highlights during those matches where I kind of zone out, but the ones where I'm just juking around, going in and retreating, wall-riding in weird places, throwing some heals to the scattered team members who are low, and every now and again getting a boop kill or headshot, all without dying, are vivid and amazing. It's a continuous adrenaline rush!

Wish I could get to mid-to-high gold, instead it seems I am condemned to forever languish in high silver to low gold.
I don't know if anyone pays attention to my posts, but I started the first season I ever played in gold, and over the two or so seasons I did I plummeted to bronze, said enough is enough and climbed back up to the point where my placements the last season automatically put me in gold. I've only been playing this game since the anniversary, and I've been only seriously maining Lucio for around half of that time. My mechanical skills are garbage (hence why I Lucio), and yet I can climb; if I can do it, anyone can. I think "don't die" is the number one rule, because a natural byproduct of not dying is that you learn the maps, positioning, and can better judge when to get out of dodge and just let a team have it versus going in and just reinforcing trickling. I've seen how you've been progressing, and it's been pushing me to get my ass in gear. Don't give up!

~*~

Also, if anyone can give me tips on how to do a Tobi and avoid getting turned into frog legs by an ulting Genji, that would be fan-fucking-tastic.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I think the best way to climb with Lucio in SoloQ is to prioritize heals and damage to build Sounds Barriers as quickly as possible. The higher you go, the better people will take advantage of Speed Boost, but in the chaotic SoloQ environment I think it's better to just try to heal and protect your team than speed them to their probable deaths.

If you get a particularly talkative team at any rank, they will probably be more likely to take advantage of the Speed, so it's a judgement call how to play Lucio from match to match.

Keep the aura number as high as possible as often as possible, don't be afraid to Amp it Up, and spam primary fires into groups of enemies. Sound Barriers win fights.

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
As I've shifted away from a Tracer one trick to a fill/support main player my rank overall has dropped. But when I first picked up Lucio I had a 30% win rate with him and it was considered a throw pick when I picked him in our group (even though I thought I was playing just fine) nowadays he's by far my highest win rate of any character I play regularly. And I feel like I understand the character 100x better than I used too.

He may have an impact that is hard to quantify but the thing I'm proudest about in the last few seasons is more than doubling my Lucio win rate. Don't tell me it's all luck. He's a hero who can totally change the outcome of a game.
You'll be able to see his impact as you play him a bit more, I'm maining him since the day I started playing non auto aim heroes... i think i dropped about 20 hours on him BEFORE switching my keybinds on ps4(LOL) and i studied a lot what I was doing and my matches and stuff. And i can tell you, it's not hard to see his value, it might be that you just didn't get to that stage yet, but it'll come soon... Nowadays these things are so engraved in my mind i don't think about it so much, i just do my stuff and guide the team... Might be because i went through the times his healing was bad so now i know how valuable it is, since speed value is pretty straightforward to understand xD

Never seen you playing but by what you're telling me now it seems you know what to do and when to do but don't really know why... when you start doing these things without thinking too much you start to focus more on the greater scheme of the match and understand your place in all this and how you're helping the team. One thing i'll tell you, everyone that thinks lucio's job is just to exist can't play lucio well even if their life depended on it. I see him like a tracer/genji type of character where the possibilities are infinite as long as you keep improving at it :P

, I can feel my finger hitting the button while saying "why did you waste it?" So I'm going to have to retrain myself out of just Amping the moment one bullet hits my tank's shield.
That's one of the things that helped me get out of gold as well, wating less amps i mean... nowadays when i get that "i screwed up" feeling is when i think i'll get all my team to be sound barried and i miss one or ttwo xD or even not saving that because i like to use my barriers to aggresive pushes... my defensive lucio sucks because I got too used to play Sym instead, so you might not want to listen to my advice for those cases. Listen to antitrop and try to heal if you see your team can't follow a speed push, heal amps give you crazy ult charge and i like to use them on purpose some times only to get ult fast, two low tanks give an insane amount of charge.

Also i don't think his required mechanical skill is low at all lol, it's just that you don't have to used it to be ok at some ranks

Last edited:

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I think the best way to climb with Lucio in SoloQ is to prioritize heals and damage to build Sounds Barriers as quickly as possible. The higher you go, the better people will take advantage of Speed Boost, but in the chaotic SoloQ environment I think it's better to just try to heal and protect your team than speed them to their probable deaths.

If you get a particularly talkative team at any rank, they will probably be more likely to take advantage of the Speed, so it's a judgement call how to play Lucio from match to match.

In my lower rank games I would agree. People aren't good at hitting a lucio wall riding everywhere, and you pretty much just exist and constantly heal the team. Half the time I end up with gold healing as well. I probably stay on heal about 70% of the time, and pretty much always during a team fight. If I sound barrier I'll switch to speed boost for a bit.

I'd say this works well, as my win rate with him the past two seasons has been close to 100%

Thanks for the kind words but it seems like last season's finish and this season's placements were just a fluke. I'm already going down into silver and will likely drop to bronze.
Well, I said before, but you've gotten up to gold once, you can do it again. I recommend just insta-locking the heroes you're best at, and also take time to practice others.

I play a lot of QP to learn the heroes I'm bad at. And while I know QP and comp are different, I feel if I can get my mechanical skills high enough, I can transfer that to my comp games and play well enough to win games.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Keep the aura number as high as possible as often as possible, don't be afraid to Amp it Up, and spam primary fires into groups of enemies. Sound Barriers win fights.
I will keep this as a sticky note on my desk, lol. Thank you!

That's one of the things that helped me get out of gold as well, wating less amps i mean... nowadays when i get that "i screwed up" feeling is when i think i'll get all my team to be sound barried and i miss one or ttwo xD or even not saving that because i like to use my barriers to aggresive pushes... my defensive lucio sucks because I got too used to play Sym instead, so you might not want to listen to my advice for those cases. Listen to antitrop and try to heal if you see your team can't follow a speed push, heal amps give you crazy ult charge and i like to use them on purpose some times only to get ult fast, two low tanks give an insane amount of charge.

Also i don't think his required mechanical skill is low at all lol, it's just that you don't have to used it to be ok at some ranks
I try to go with Skyline's general advice about ult economy, in that the later you use them, especially defensive ults like Lucio's, the more likely you are to win the team fight since the enemy will have wasted theirs too early. So I'm defensive in that regard and try to hold out for as long as possible, at least in most matches. Now if it's one of those games where it's just a ten-minute dust cloud on the point, or we're just running over the enemy with dives, then I'm constantly popping it off with no regards to timing. xD

Or I do stupid shit like this because I'm getting chased by Moira and don't care about anyone else:

And I try to do my best to aim at corners, crosshair slightly up to hit heads because Froggo is so fucking short. But if Ragg Tagg can get to GM with just good positioning, well goshdarnit so can I! D8<

Thanks for the kind words but it seems like last season's finish and this season's placements were just a fluke. I'm already going down into silver and will likely drop to bronze.
It's very hard for flukes to occur so much that you rise in rank. It's about attitude and the way you play. Keep your chin up, rewatch yourself, focus on your flaws, and you can climb. You've already done it!

EDIT: I'm 5-1 right now. Only stopping because I'm exhausted from work. Will finish off placements tomorrow and hope for the best!

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Played through six of my placements and people really weren't running Sombra all that much

Im okay with this
Sombra was suprisingly rare on my placements too, but the one match I did have with her was absolute hell. Our team had a sombra too, but it was clear that guy was a level above, so it was just hax, hax, hax all around.

I try not to be reactionary to new meta changes because it's important to see how things settle out once we get used to them, but yeah, playing against a good Sombra can be a nightmare.

I think they're going to have to find a way to counterplay her a bit. Like, maybe her invis shouldn't be absolutely undetectable or something.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Played through six of my placements and people really weren't running Sombra all that much

Im okay with this
I'm probably bad, but she's nowhere near as oppressive as people thought she would be.

I even made it a point to try and focus down Lucios by hacking them. Unless they're by themselves, often times Sombra can't complete the kill by herself without getting focused down and trading or having to teleport before she can finish. I was pretty effective against diving Genjis and Tracers, though.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got placed higher in plat on my smurf than my main by almost playing Moira exclusively. Played on game with Reaper on Route 66 with a Sombra and she was amazing on defence and attack. I used my ult every time after hers and we got team wipes galore. She wrecked the enemy Pharah too

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Okay so can someone explain this? I played with the number one Widow on X1 the other day. We were both on our smurf accounts. He mentioned how he was level 4400 on his main. This kid absolutely DESTROYED everyone in every match we played together. I'm talking about killing 4 enemies in seconds - Headshot, boom. Headshot, boom. Repeat. He got POTG every game we played together.

Is this a keyboard and mouse thing? Or are Widow's even capable of pulling this kind of thing off on console with a controller?

I was amazed....and baffled.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
there's something off about the game since i reinstalled OS. i can't pin point if im missing something.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Y
But yeah, the two things I want to focus on: positioning (not dying) and healing as much as possible (stop spamming Amp), and I think I'm at a point where I can do it. Just got 13,000 heals, a card, and a literal threat to friend someone or else on the placement match I just did a few minutes ago, so I'm feelin' good!
Damn, man. That's an awesome #.

And beginning Lucio players, to repeat: AMP to the point, then HEAL, then AMP if you hear an enemy popping their ult to give them a chance to escape. Otherwise, wallride like a bastard around the objective to passive heal and boop people away from your squishies.

there's something off about the game since i reinstalled OS. i can't pin point if im missing something.

You burned your Gladiators jersey didn't you. Now you are being punished.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I try to go with Skyline's general advice about ult economy, in that the later you use them, especially defensive ults like Lucio's, the more likely you are to win the team fight since the enemy will have wasted theirs too early. So I'm defensive in that regard and try to hold out for as long as possible, at least in most matches. Now if it's one of those games where it's just a ten-minute dust cloud on the point, or we're just running over the enemy with dives, then I'm constantly popping it off with no regards to timing. xD
I need to find the barrier guides that helped me, but one thing i love about barrier is using it offensively. Since i never got it's timming right against some skills i started using that more to start pushes and, damn, Lúcio is so great on 2cp, it's insane. Most of my hanamura matches end at the 3 minute mark if no one on the other team left because we took A in 90 seconds. Problem is, in gold people are such chickens 70% of the time i did that my team would leave me alone in the middle of the enemy team for a terrible,terrible death. Nail the defensive ults, nail the healing, and risk some speed when you see your team is already doing attackey things of is struggling to get themselves together and you'll be fine.

Rhese cloudy matches would be where I generally pop speed... you know if you switch songs mid amp you keep the amp effect right? I'd amp speed then switch to healin sometimes, it's a pretty good combo trading hald of the heals for speed, i learned that from Ganymede

Also, you totally wasted that ult xD

Last edited:

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, man. That's an awesome #.

And beginning Lucio players, to repeat: AMP to the point, then HEAL, then AMP if you hear an enemy popping their ult to give them a chance to escape. Otherwise, wallride like a bastard around the objective to passive heal and boop people away from your squishies.
This is my routine when a match first starts. After that, once shit gets going, I start trying to keep people alive by velcro-ing myself to the tanks until it becomes imperative to start taxi'ing. I'm also a contester, as well as have a bad habit of not checking the kill feed when a team fight is going badly, so I'll end up alone and start trying to speed away. I probably use speed more often than I should. xP

I also am starting to figure out area denial with him. That hole in the middle of Oasis saved a match once, and I didn't have to kill Rein to do it; just booped him into it so the clock could run out!

I need to find the barrier guides that helped me, but one thing i love about barrier is using it offensively. Since i never got it's timming right against some skills i started using that more to start pushes and, damn, Lúcio is so great on 2cp, it's insane. Most of my hanamura matches end at the 3 minute mark if no one on the other team left because we took A in 90 seconds. Problem is, in gold people are such chickens 70% of the time i did that my team would leave me alone in the middle of the enemy team for a terrible,terrible death. Nail the defensive ults, nail the healing, and risk some speed when you see your team is already doing attackey things of is struggling to get themselves together and you'll be fine.

Rhese cloudy matches would be where I generally pop speed... you know if you switch songs mid amp you keep the amp effect right? I'd amp speed then switch to healin sometimes, it's a pretty good combo trading hald of the heals for speed, i learned that from Ganymede
I really want to lead charges like this, and sometimes I get the opportunity to because the team's got a good synergy going, but it's like you said, in gold people are chickens. Shield wars are abound, and Reins and Orisas will not move forward until they feel sheltered and comforted. I've wasted quite the Amped speeds because I see a couple of picks and think "Hey, we got this, let's go in and mop up," only to look back at Rein and co. still at the choke.

However, Winstons down here in gold do not give a fuck anymore. I don't know what's going on, but when I get a Winston on the team, more often than not he's diving with glee and I'm speeding the rest of the team after him to clean up. I get excited when I get a Winston, because I know it's gonna be like those mythical matches in Platinum and Diamond where everyone teams up and coordinates proper pushes.............. that's how it is, right? 8'D

And yeah, I'll crossfade when I need a mix of speed and heals, especially if we're close enough to point where we can speed into a team fight. It's fun shtuff!

Whenever that happens I just play
Soldier or Moira
Yeah, well, and when you get focused down because you're off all the way in China because "look at me, I'm a top 500 DPS guise," who's gonna be there to speed you out of trouble?

Not me, that's who. Because you don't appreciate me.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I really want to lead charges like this, and sometimes I get the opportunity to because the team's got a good synergy going, but it's like you said, in gold people are chickens. Shield wars are abound, and Reins and Orisas will not move forward until they feel sheltered and comforted. I've wasted quite the Amped speeds because I see a couple of picks and think "Hey, we got this, let's go in and mop up," only to look back at Rein and co. still at the choke.
On these times I'm glad i have a friend that is also an aggro reinhardt player: We always initiate.When the rein charges midway, lucio speeds and the team gets their primal instinct to go behind a shield and follows us. If they dont i bribe them with a barrier, it works so well we've made to diamond with this and we never used comms.
Squad jokes a lot about owzers feeding but i'm iching to play with him, if he's an aggro tank team's gonna do great :P
However, Winstons down here in gold do not give a fuck anymore. I don't know what's going on, but when I get a Winston on the team, more often than not he's diving with glee and I'm speeding the rest of the team after him to clean up. I get excited when I get a Winston, because I know it's gonna be like those mythical matches in Platinum and Diamond where everyone teams up and coordinates proper pushes.............. that's how it is, right? 8'D
might be, but when I don't know a winston I tend to go zen pocket strat D:

And yeah i hope blizz never nerf that amp switch D: that would be the death of me

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
You can tell sometimes when support play dva. all they do is stand and feed lol. i can't outheal that.

Deleted member 2210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, well, and when you get focused down because you're off all the way in China because "look at me, I'm a top 500 DPS guise," who's gonna be there to speed you out of trouble?

Not me, that's who. Because you don't appreciate me.

Is that you biggest gripe? DPS players not appreciating you?

Also if I'm all these way down in china, shouldnt the team be with me? Soldier and Moira arent the characters for that, thats more of my style when I play Tracer or Genji

The Lucio I play with usually always goes with me and I go with them, cause well we're a team. We can speed towards someone out of position and take em out or peel back in case of trouble.

Tracer will never ask you to go with them to the backline cause thats not your job.

What elo do you mostly play in btw, just curious.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Funny, i'm an aggro d.va lol but i guess i'm pretty far on my play hours to say i play only support(but it's still 70% of my play time and that's a concerning amount of hours :()
like im just standing and spraying her. and all they did was stand and take so much damage to the point where im getting ult but 2 other people on the other team are getting ult off her lol. i should have just left her for dead and not help feed their team.

also. how are people still dying to dva bomb. its fine 1 dies. but 3? the fuck is my team doing standing there to die.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Is that you biggest gripe? DPS players not appreciating you?
I hope you know I'm joking with that. Although I have to admit, you saying "bummer" when I admitted I main Lucio got me side-eyeing you a bit, especially since it was in response to a (semi)-serious question I asked on how to get better. Like, sorry?

Also if I'm all these way down in china, shouldnt the team be with me?

The Lucio I play with usually always goes with me and I go with them, cause well we're a team.
The value of overextending depends upon who you are and what's going on in a fight. If you're peeling away from the majority of the team and running into a 1v6, I'm not going after you.

Just as well, I don't get a lot of solo-people who team up with me. Rather, there seems to be an expectation that I'm supposed to follow the team, which is fine. I play support because I don't like being on the front lines too much anyway. I find myself ping-ponging to and fro groups and individuals trying to keep the overall health of the team up.

What elo do you mostly play in btw, just curious.
I mean, I'm in low gold right now (maybe; haven't finished placements yet), but I don't have as much time to play as I used to. I think I can climb and be better than that, though.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
like im just standing and spraying her. and all they did was stand and take so much damage to the point where im getting ult but 2 other people on the other team are getting ult off her lol. i should have just left her for dead and not help feed their team.

also. how are people still dying to dva bomb. its fine 1 dies. but 3? the fuck is my team doing standing there to die.
That's a bad d.va yup, about the bomb you should ask the OWL players that go against poko though xD

Deleted member 2210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope you know I'm joking with that. Although I have to admit, you saying "bummer" when I admitted I main Lucio got me side-eyeing you a bit, especially since it was in response to a (semi)-serious question I asked on how to get better. Like, sorry?

The value of overextending depends upon who you are and what's going on in a fight. If you're peeling away from the majority of the team and running into a 1v6, I'm not going after you.

Just as well, I don't get a lot of solo-people who team up with me. Rather, there seems to be an expectation that I'm supposed to follow the team, which is fine. I play support because I don't like being on the front lines too much anyway. I find myself ping-ponging to and fro groups and individuals trying to keep the overall health of the team up.

I mean, I'm in low gold right now (maybe; haven't finished placements yet), but I don't have as much time to play as I used to. I think I can climb and be better than that, though.

My b if I came off a little condescending, just didn't understand if you were a lucio main who solely played him as your only support in the support group.

ngl tho playing support in low gold of all ranks is extremely stressful and hard. I did that until I switched to dps and more importantly tank. Its not just the skill factor thats against people in low gold but the intentional/unintentional throwers down there.

If you're ever down to duo however id be willing to do so.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I low key cringe whenever I hear a female playing D.Va. I've yet to run into one who doesn't main Mercy and feed with D.Va.
I can't say what I wanted to say because of forum guidelines. So I'll just say: Don't.

(And you might wanna check the profiles of who you're talking to '-')

Status
Not open for further replies.