• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, not sure what's going on but I've been in the mood to play a lot of OW over the past few days. Like 3-4 hours a session. Mainly Arcade and QP. Been fun. Maybe OWL was the catalyst. Need to get back to DBFZ soon and I have MHW arriving tomorrow.

I've been playing a lot of MHW, it's very easy to get sucked in! I need to get some QP games in this week though, before I do my placements

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing a lot of MHW, it's very easy to get sucked in! I need to get some QP games in this week though, before I do my placements

Blizzard World is just pure fun. I also believe people in Arcade actually want to win more than in QP for the lootboxes. It's nice.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Roadhog fishing is my new favorite passtime in the game. Getting a bit tilted, have a bad game? Go Roadhog Fishing, so relaxing.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Every time a new map arcade mode goes live it becomes the best mode of the week. People are usually training for playing the map in competitive so you het to see some tryhard stacks
I've had some epic matche last week agains groups of 5-6

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize I needed to to have an opinion on the internet, my bad.
You said Lucio is broken. We asked you to explain. You said speed boost is broken because it's mandatory in pro level and his healing got buffed. We countered that the value of speed is instead very situational, hence his lack of meta presence, and the heal buff is balanced by the reduction of his aura radius. After dismissing that with "the pros agree with me!", you said they should rework it. I asked how. You've yet to give an idea and have just been deflecting, at which point I'm to conclude you can't think of any, even any shitty ideas.

Either try to engage in earnest, or stop blaming a five-foot tall frog for your crappy-ass positioning by declaring him broken every time he pushes you off the cliff you're standing next to.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
It's still weird to be able to pick Junk and not get flak for it nowadays. Got PTSD from the old days, ha ha. FeelsGoodMan.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I hope next nerf doesn't take him back to old times... even though he will be less op the community tends to overscale minor buffs

The drop-off damage for mines won't be too bad for me at least. I just drop it point blank on my targets anyway. It'll def keep other Junk players who like to toss them from a distance from being as effective tho. Pretty minimal nerf.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
You said Lucio is broken. We asked you to explain. You said speed boost is broken because it's mandatory in pro level and his healing got buffed. We countered that the value of speed is instead very situational, hence his lack of meta presence, and the heal buff is balanced by the reduction of his aura radius. After dismissing that with "the pros agree with me!", you said they should rework it. I asked how. You've yet to give an idea and have just been deflecting, at which point I'm to conclude you can't think of any, even any shitty ideas.

Either try to engage in earnest, or stop blaming a five-foot tall frog for your crappy-ass positioning by declaring him broken every time he pushes you off the cliff you're standing next to.
Sorry, I'll make sure to write up very detailed posts as to exactly what Blizzard should do to balance every character I have a problem with.
I give Junkrat a whole lot of flak in my mind.
but you can't call him op unless you have an idea of what to do with him.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I'll make sure to write up very detailed posts as to exactly what Blizzard should do to balance every character I have a problem with.
Stop being an ass. No one asked you for a dissertation. I asked you for an idea, because you're the one who came barging in complaining that the middle of the road healer is broken beyond all reason because players keep taking advantage of your shitty positioning.

but you can't call him op unless you have an idea of what to do with him.
All I would do is reinstate being damaged by his own shit and a reduction to his ult charge rate.

See? It's not hard to be constructive.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
The drop-off damage for mines won't be too bad for me at least. I just drop it point blank on my targets anyway. It'll def keep other Junk players who like to toss them from a distance from being as effective tho. Pretty minimal nerf.
Yeah, i think it was a perfect nerf to junk tbh, though by having those with damage falloff tracer got another shadow buff =_=~~

I'm just paranoid with this games' community, that's all. I provavly should just buy mon hun and chill for a bit

adrem007

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Teaming up, soloing, same result which is losing. I don't fucking know man, I'm not the best player ever but I refuse to think that it's my play that causes it. What the fuck, matchmaking, what the fuck

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, i think it was a perfect nerf to junk tbh, though by having those with damage falloff tracer got another shadow buff =_=~~

I'm just paranoid with this games' community, that's all. I provavly should just buy mon hun and chill for a bit

Yea, it'll hardly be an issue compared to what we'll see from Mercy players after her nerf goes live, ha ha

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
logitech software still doesn't save my settings for mousepad even after i installed with admin priv. RIP. i'll try again. i have to retune the pad each time i restart computer. it also mess up my aim since i have a certain sens/dpi.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yea, it'll hardly be an issue compared to what we'll see from Mercy players after her nerf goes live, ha ha
Worst part is she'll still be good, but boring ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You should. It's a nice way of measuring character power levels and understanding what are the issues they have, also for measuring how many of those are a real problem and how many are only things you don't know how to play around yet.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
Member warned: Being needlessly confrontational
Stop being an ass. No one asked you for a dissertation. I asked you for an idea, because you're the one who came barging in complaining that the middle of the road healer is broken beyond all reason because players keep taking advantage of your shitty positioning.

All I would do is reinstate being damaged by his own shit and a reduction to his ult charge rate.

See? It's not hard to be constructive.
All I did was say he was OP. You were the one who started whining because I went after your precious main.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
She'll be less potent which I'm all for. Her current Ult even makes Arcade/QP unfun to play against.
2 especially cause i know i have to fill with her but can't stand doing that since the slow rez change :P
Ana aim buff on consoles took so long, i wish i could play her for a change y'know ;-;

Dont even get me started on team deathmatch...

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
only change id personally like to see for lucio is reverting his boop back to how it use to be. not a fan of how you can almost boop someone in a different direction. its similar to hog being able to hook people and drop them off a ledge thats almost completely behind them

Sledge

Oct 28, 2017
I'd love for another week of Blizzworld 24/7 in arcade this week. I want to play on it more before I return to comp.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
There's a secret map listed in stage 2 of OWL if that's you question LiK, I'm betting on blizzard world

Btw, in ow verse you guys think there's a blizz world in west coast and a blizzard land in east coast, like inverted disney parks?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
There's a secret map listed in stage 2 of OWL if that's you question LiK, I'm betting on blizzard world

Btw, in ow verse you guys think there's a blizz world in west coast and a blizzard land in east coast, like inverted disney parks?

I think the other park must be Activision and it'll be filled with CoD games ha ha

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I think the other park must be Activision and it'll be filled with CoD games ha ha
Omg i can totally see this happening >xDD the 'land' one has to be the shitty one after all. Though since it's the activision one it would have a Crash session for the kids segments of the park so it would be cool, Skylanders rides could be hit or miss though

I just wish they made the in universe decision of making an agreement with overwatch to sell toys and make some rides, pretty much like captain america in MCU stuff, i can see Morrison doing educational videos (Captain american is more like a goverment propaganda thing though, so they would find a way to make it lame)

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Omg i can totally see this happening >xDD the 'land' one has to be the shitty one after all. Though since it's the activision one it would have a Crash session for the kids segments of the park so it would be cool, Skylanders rides could be hit or miss though

I just wish they made the in universe decision of making an agreement with overwatch to sell toys and make some rides, pretty much like captain america in MCU stuff, i can see Morrison doing educational videos (Captain american is more like a goverment propaganda thing though, so they would find a way to make it lame)

I assume even if they did exist like that, it wouldn't happen currently because OW is disbanded and members like S76 are fugitives. They did make products for them during their popularity, iirc.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I assume even if they did exist like that, it wouldn't happen currently because OW is disbanded and members like S76 are fugitives. They did make products for them during their popularity, iirc.
Yeah, but had they made that decision for blizzworld rides the map could have some old stuff from ow gold era rides, making it a proper lore map, even, if you think about it... i mean, you could have a session where a tracer ride is being deactivated and someone wrote something there... idk, it would break a bit of the jolly theme of the map but it would be cool for world building

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but had they made that decision for blizzworld rides the map could have some old stuff from ow gold era rides, making it a proper lore map, even, if you think about it... i mean, you could have a session where a tracer ride is being deactivated and someone wrote something there... idk, it would break a bit of the jolly theme of the map but it would be cool for world building

Yea, wouldn't it be nice if there was an OW World but it was all fucked up from being closed and neglect?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yea, wouldn't it be nice if there was an OW World but it was all fucked up from being closed and neglect?
Omg yeah, it would be grim af but it's a perfect place to put in some ow missions we've never heard of in kid friendly forms as well as some silly merch like winston's banana flavored peanut butter and tracer fidget spinners @---@ imagine photos with all the lil boys n girls walking around with glowing mercy staffs too, too cute

And dammit you made me imagine a ripper roo ride, blizzland > blizzworld -n

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

So like, Overwatch's version of Five Nights at Freddy's? You could even have animatronic proxies through some neglected omnics.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Single report won't get them banned. Also, looks like Jam said he was banned on PSN and not OW? So I assume it was PSN message related.
Yeah i know it was just for the irony xD

Do they ban you for anything other than messages and foul words in the profile or something like that on psn?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i know it was just for the irony xD

Do they ban you for anything other than messages and foul words in the profile or something like that on psn?

So far it seems to be just what you mentioned. They don't really keep track of what you actually do within the games.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Why would you put foul words in the profile? Just curious... Or maybe it was the messages?
Considering brazilian psn has nicks such as "xota com aids"(pussy with aids) i'd guess some people are stupid enough to do that, not Jam's case though. I didn't play with him yet but he seems like a cool dude o- o

Jam

Oct 25, 2017

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a few games on Blizz World, really enjoyed them and teams were actually playing and trying to win, not a single troll in sight. Wonder if my placements will be the same, probably not, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.