Outside of Breath of the Wild, what is your favourite Switch game?

• Super Mario Odyssey

Votes: 363 30.4%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

Votes: 64 5.4%
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Votes: 166 13.9%
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Votes: 143 12.0%
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Votes: 161 13.5%
  • Luigi's Mansion 3

Votes: 36 3.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 260 21.8%

• Total voters

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
If I did a poll asking for everyone's favourite Switch game, chances are that Breath of the Wild would win by a fair margin.

So let's make this interesting - what's your favourite Switch game discounting Breath of the Wild, and why?

Edit: Era really needs more poll options, given how many people are mentioning Splatoon 2.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing.

And I'm one of those people that didn't like Breath of the Wild, so let's just say it's my favorite Switch game.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
BotW is number 1, number 2 is a tough choice between Odyssey and Smash. I went with Smash tonight, maybe next time I'll pick Odyssey. They're too close.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
New Horizon. Because of Covid it beat my 100 hours logged into Zelda. Everything else is between 5-10 hours. Absolutely looking forward to my copy of Ring Fit coming tomorrow though.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Taking the Picross S games out of the mix, in terms of exclusives it's:
  1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Luigi's Mansion 3

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
My top 10 right now would probably be something like:

1. Mario + Rabbids
2. Xenoblade 2
3. Golf Story
4. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
5. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
6. Xenoblade: Definitive Edition
7. Breath of the Wild
8. Smash Bros. Ultimate
9. Arms
10. Super Mario Odyssey

Man do I want a Mario + Rabbids 2. The first one just oozed charm. Really looking forward to Sports Story too.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
maybe its quite a bit more small scale, but enjoyed the hell of touryst lately.
but looking at playtime gotta say tetris99

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Tetris 99 is my favourite.

Why? It's a brand of Tetris - the greatest game ever designed - only now given new life as a battle royale, and it's fiercely intense and addictive as ever.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
It's a toss up between Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2, Animal Crossing, or Mario Odyssey.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade 2 by a good mile. It will probably be Xenoblade Definitive once I get it, but missing work has put a delay on that.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Breath of the Wild wouldn't even be top 10 for me. And I assume it's not exclusives only, because BotW isn't one.

I guess Slay the Spire which is also currently my favorite game on every other platform too.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit of a tossup between Smash Ultimate, Celeste, Xenoblade 2, and Tropical Freeze.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised 'other' is leading the poll. Odyssey and Smash were fighting it out for me. AC is a good pick too.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I find it pretty funny OP that you put XC:DE which is an enhanced port of a Wii game instead of XC2 which is a Switch exclusive.

That being said, XC2 is my favorite other than BOTW and it might be my favorite over BOTW, I need to play through both again but I love them both.

OP
OP
Ramsay

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
For me, it's either Celeste or Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. For the former, it's as close to perfect a platformer has ever gotten in my eyes, doing everything from artstyle to level design to storytelling well.

For the latter, sure, the combat is mediocre, the world is far too big for its own good, and the sidequests suck, but the game's story and characters are some of the best I've seen in the medium.

If remakes/ports/third-party games don't count, then it's Fire Emblem: Three Houses - having the best cast in any Nintendo game and some surprisingly good storytelling.

Last edited:

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Unironically, it's Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics. It's been a great collection of traditional board games and timewasters to play during my lunch breaks, just for their simplicity and variety. Can't go wrong with Blackjack or Spider Solitaire while on the bus.

For the launch games? Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove as the definite version of Shovel Knight and expansions. I haven't been too impressed with Nintendo's First Party titles for the Switch, as it's been the indie or Third Party releases that have grabbed my attention the most.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I picked Super Mario Odyssey from the list, but my other favorite Switch exclusive is Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It's the one that got me into the series and brought me back to the first game to rediscover and fall in love with it. Definitely have my issues with it, but I had a really great time with it.

OP
OP
Ramsay

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
I find it pretty funny OP that you put XC:DE which is an enhanced port of a Wii game instead of XC2 which is a Switch exclusive.

That being said, XC2 is my favorite other than BOTW and it might be my favorite over BOTW, I need to play through both again but I love them both.
www.resetera.com

For those of you who have played both games, do you prefer Xenoblade 1 or Xenoblade 2?

Xenoblade 1, on all counts. Xenoblade 2 represents a style in JRPGs that I do not enjoy in the slightest.

Birbos

Alt Account
Banned
May 15, 2020
Zelda was just okay. I wouldn't say I'm a big fan of the games.

Definitely Animal Crossing.

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
Hollow Knight, Celeste, and Slay the Spire are my favourite games on the Switch. In terms of exclusive games only? I'd say Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or Three Houses, probably giving the edge to XBC2.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Smash easily. I like it more than Breath of the Wild, in fact. It's probably my game of the generation, maybe even my favorite game of all time once all is said and done.
For me, it goes Smash > BOTW > Three Houses > Xenoblade > Luigi's Mansion 3 >>>>>>>>>> Odyssey > Animal Crossing (from that list).

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
If we can count non-exclusives (and not counting BotW), here would be my top 5:
  1. Bayonetta 2
  2. Celeste
  3. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  4. Xenoblade Chronicles DE
  5. DOOM (2016)
Fun fact: BotW also isn't my favorite Switch game overall; if I were to include BotW, it would be #3.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Slay the Spire.

If strictly exclusives, no ports or remasters...uhhh...I dunno nothing I've played has left a lasting impression.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
Fire Emblem Three Houses.

I put above 100 hours on a single playthrough and still intend to do the other runs someday. So good.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
My top 10 right now would probably be something like:

1. Mario + Rabbids
2. Xenoblade 2
3. Golf Story
4. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
5. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
6. Xenoblade: Definitive Edition
7. Breath of the Wild
8. Smash Bros. Ultimate
9. Arms
10. Super Mario Odyssey

Man do I want a Mario + Rabbids 2. The first one just oozed charm. Really looking forward to Sports Story too.

right? Sold like gangbusters too. I'm flabbergasted there's no sequel announced yet (though still time for this year, maybe soon?)

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 because its my favorite game of all time so by default its my favorite Switch game. Fire Emblem Three Houses is pretty close too.

My most played games:
EbArINAUYAEuKbE

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Since getting the Switch last year, not a lot of games grabbed my attention I guess.

Only really enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles: DE lol.

Although, to be fair I dropped FE at an unfortunate time, so need to get back on that.