Which Country Outside Japan is Dragonball the most mainstream in?

• Must be a North American Country

Votes: 227 32.3%
  • Maybe in a South American Country

Votes: 429 61.1%
  • Might be a Country in Africa

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • It should in an Asian Country, right?

Votes: 36 5.1%
  • What about in a European Country?

Votes: 105 15.0%
  • Maybe Australia LoL?

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Somewhere in Antarctica

Votes: 19 2.7%

• Total voters

fromotogi

Banned
Apr 30, 2022
Yeah blah blah Dragonball is the most popular manga franchise worldwide in terms of profits, but outside of it's native home of Japan, which country is the Dragonball franchise the most mainstream in?

In your country, is Dragonball a phenomenon only in particular from when the Saiyan Saga started and only among geeky/nerdy watchers of Cable TV, or was it big starting from little Goku to the end and watched by all common folks even by adults, Blue collar or white collar, stopping street activity during highlight events, regardless of gender during its peak?

Lord Bandi

Apr 30, 2020
In America, DBZ and Toonami became a cultural phenomenon.

Cross info from other threads, but grown adults used to talk this show at work when I was a teenager. My friends dad's and their friends all talked about it. They were in their 40's.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm being presumptive, but I feel like it might be easier to talk about the ones it isn't mainstream in.

OP
OP
fromotogi

fromotogi

Banned
Apr 30, 2022
In America, DBZ and Toonami became a cultural phenomenon.

Cross info from other threads, but grown adults used to talk this show at work when I was a teenager. My friends dad's and their friends all talked about it. They were in their 40's.
Yeah, but were there stage plays made for this Kids cartoon in your country?

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Latin America no question, didn't you see how they were so many gatherings to see the finale of Super

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Latin America is definitely a huge one. I remember feeling like such a badass knowing what Super Saiyan 3 and 4 were before my friends even knew what a regular Super Saiyan was when I moved to the US.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
my nephew is going through a dragon ball stage right now. he's never seen the original or dbz, only the new ones. I felt out of my element and realized despite watching them as a kid all the time in the US, it's been a long ass time since I watched or played any media from dragon ball overall😔

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is somewhere in LatAm but I don't know enough about specifics to say which LatAm country would be on top

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
All Latin America. Or did we forget how in Latin America the final episodes of Super were streamed to a big audience?

Bonito_Flakes

May 31, 2021
In the UK Dragon Ball Z had a huge effect on Cartoon Network, if my memories right there used to be a hour block of Dragon Ball Z everyday at 5pm-6pm then again at 9pm-10pm and it was constantly advertised. What's nuts is we had so many different dubs we had Ocean, Funimation, Big Green, Westwood and Blue Water... characters would just change voices one episode and you just had to get used to it. I bet it also was a large factor in the amount of rusted satellite dishes stuck to houses now, I know lots of people who convinced their parents to get Sky just to watch Dragon Ball Z.

Oh man... "GohAn" such memories

OP
OP
fromotogi

fromotogi

Banned
Apr 30, 2022
All those answering "North American Country" better be meaning Mexico, 'coz if you think it's the US of A where outside of Japan Dragonball is the most mainstream in, then you are a delulu.

The Omega Man

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Latam has been watching Dragon Ball like for 10 years before USA, it's still popular and the only anime franchise that rivals it in that region was Saint Seiya.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
every country. that's the point. it's pretty much engrained everywhere

dragon ball was already huge in the states 20 years ago

Viol8tor

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico/Latin America for sure. They got the Dubbed DBZ series way before the U.S did.

I used to have a homie record DBZ in spanish when he was in Mexico over summer vacation and bring them back to me, while we only had the first Pioneer 50 episodes on cartoon network.

brinstar

Oct 25, 2017
I used to watch Mexican DBZ on Telemundo to see the episodes after the Ginyu fight way before Toonami got the show lol

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I distinctly remember a city in a latina American country aired it on a big screen in public and the crowd was huge. I remember people getting mad about it online because the city didn't have the rights to publicly air the episode. I also remember people from latin American nations telling us how they know grand parents who love the show it's that popular.

I'll have go say latin American nations based on that.

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
They were showing Goku vs Jiren in Mexican strip clubs, lol.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Will I be cool if I wear this in Latin America?

f7848de5d0fccc09fb6e10f4447fecee.jpg

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
France.

And generally speaking manga/anime are exploding here. But everyone knows Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z or Dragon Ball Super.

May 26, 2018
From the Super crowd clips I saw it's gotta be a bunch of Latin American countries. It's like the fate of the world really was resting on the Tournament of Power.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
My impression is that Mexico (among many other LatAm countries, but especially Mexico in my experience) really shows their love for DBZ in a way that goes hard. I haven't ever looked at any stats to confirm, just purely my impressions.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
As someone from the USA, I've worked with a lot of Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, and others from South America. They all are huge dbz and saint seiya fans. Even if there is more Americans that like dbz, I feel the % of them to be higher.
It's always been a great ice breaker when I meet knew people that English is a second language.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I assume it's central/south American, but yeah the fact that "North America" includes Mexico muddles things a bit. It's definitely Latam.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
I assume it's central/south American, but yeah the fact that "North America" includes Mexico muddles things a bit. It's definitely Latam.

Central America is also part of North America. North America is Canada to Panama. Plus the various Caribbean Islands off the coast of the physical continent itself.