SpottieO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to try the game and definitely plan on playing the demo. Hopefully stuff transfer to the full game.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
excellent! i wasn't expecting a demo. i'm too busy to buy the game day 1 but i'll definitely try the demo.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
me: oh snap i can't wait to try this demo!!
also me: you have an xbone and game pass dumbass you could have played this at any time

THE POWER OF THE SWITCH

evilmonkey

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
me: oh snap i can't wait to try this demo!!
also me: you have an xbone and game pass dumbass you could have played this at any time

THE POWER OF THE SWITCH
This is me as well. Have had the game on PC for years and my brother even finished the game on it, but I have yet to even launch it myself. I may end up getting this just for the convenience.

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
Weird date choice, a lot of people will be picking up links awakening. Should have released it a few days ago or next week for maximum exposure.

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
hmm. I wonder where the demo will cut off? it could be just a few minutes or it could give you a big chunk to really entice you. I would go from the beginning up to the double jump. not sure if you should keep the intro or not.

Demo details

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
Excited to try the game and definitely plan on playing the demo. Hopefully stuff transfer to the full game.

Yup, it will! :)

hmm. I wonder where the demo will cut off? it could be just a few minutes or it could give you a big chunk to really entice you. I would go from the beginning up to the double jump. not sure if you should keep the intro or not.

It contains the entire beginning with the prologue, etc. up until the point where you reach the Spirit Tree.

We did the demo for a few reasons: First of all, we wanted the naysayers to see that it runs at a buttery smooth 60fps and it plays incredibly well on the Switch. Secondly, we saw a few people who weren't interested in platformers who then tried BlindForest and got hooked. So we always regretted not having a demo on the Xbox and on Steam, cause there's a lot of people who aren't into platformers, but who still got a huge kick out of Blind Forest once they tried it. So now everyone has an easy, free way of trying it :)

The demo launches at 9am PST / 6pm CEST today (Friday)! :)

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

It contains the entire beginning with the prologue, etc. up until the point where you reach the Spirit Tree.

We did the demo for a few reasons: First of all, we wanted the naysayers to see that it runs at a buttery smooth 60fps and it plays incredibly well on the Switch. Secondly, we saw a few people who weren't interested in platformers who then tried BlindForest and got hooked. So we always regretted not having a demo on the Xbox and on Steam, cause there's a lot of people who aren't into platformers, but who still got a huge kick out of Blind Forest once they tried it. So now everyone has an easy, free way of trying it :)

Could you tell us if we'll be able to preload/preorder the game before release on the eShop? Got my funds ready and waiting for this!

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017

That's a good chunk. Will progress carry over to the main game?

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Tried this on Game Pass and immediately shut it off to play it comfortably on Switch, game was looking fantastic! Excited to try the demo.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Since you are here thought I would just take a chance and ask, ori and the will of wisps switch?

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan

I'm gonna get the game day1. Thank you for working hard on this version, Ori and the Blind Forest handheld will be glorious.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
Bit off-topic sorry, but this seemed the most appropriate place to ask. Did the Switch version of Cuphead get Xbox Live support yet? I've been hanging fire on playing it until it gets the update. I want the perverse thrill of unlocking Xbox Achievements on my Switch.

Apr 9, 2019
These months are totally crazy on Switch... There's more games interesting me this month than some years have been :O

I love the drive Moon Studios are showing with this release! Looking forward to playing the demo between sessions of Links Awakening and Grid!

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
T

Thanks. I'm in.

SpottieO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's great, thank you!

Bizu

Oct 26, 2017
São Paulo - BR

Thank you! Have u guys no idea how I love this game @_@