Principate

Oct 31, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CyD0cr6k6w

Gotta say this is the one of the few times where the anime tendency for extended sequences made sense since he's essentially travelling through the air and then well delivering a nuke. Also the characterisation of Garp is on point. The arms crossed landing is A+.

Last edited:

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I had been waiting for this since they shown this on manga. I wasn't disappointed and got more to see what he can on his prime.

Aug 7, 2020
I watch the whole episode . I can't wait for the Kuzan fight .

Edit: I hate Google autocorrect.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Principate

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I think there's a pretty huge difference if you look at the panels in the manga. This is yet another slow motion lightshow.
It's represented as big semicircular ball in the manga. This is represented as big semicircular ball with shockwaves here. Probably as close as you can get. I know the anime has had plenty of issues with DBZ light shows in the past but this is probably as close as you can get to direct translation with some flair.

uuddrlrl

May 30, 2021
Part of the video made me think of Sephiroth's Supernova attack in the original FF7, lol

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Objectively fantastic animation, but as usual with current one piece is ruined by the stretching. The punch and it's impact shouldn't have taken more than 20 seconds. Maybe 30 seconds tops.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
That did NOT need to be more than 3 minutes long. I liked how nonchalantly he delivered an atomic bomb level punch in the manga.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Woah. That was cool. This man was introduced decades ago (in the anime) trying to beat the record for the most donuts eaten without sleep. And now we're here. Love me some Garp.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
It's not just this. This whole mini arc is such fucking hype.

I hope
Honesty punch gets similar treatment.

PimentaGui

Jul 29, 2021
I found it so funny that Coby was actually in the middle of all the destruction
Great episode btw

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
The first thing that came to my mind with this arc's animation was that they finally nailed the sakuga that that infamous Pain fight was aiming for. The savageness and fluidity of the linework, but it doesn't completely fuck up the tone and look like goofy nonsense.

Mob Psycho does it very well too, but it retained some of the goofiness because of the vibe of the show.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like a mini series of all the pirates from Roger's era. Just so I can see more of this.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Would've preferred a quicker, more condensed Galaxy Impact to bring home how fast Hachinosu went from smug to fucked like in the manga, and why Garp is in another weight class altogether.

But the sakuga was cool.

Camoxide

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
UK
Objectively fantastic animation, but as usual with current one piece is ruined by the stretching. The punch and it's impact shouldn't have taken more than 20 seconds. Maybe 30 seconds tops.
They're only doing 1 chapter per episode (the previous episode was only half a chapter!) so it's always going to be stretched out.

At least it's not an unnecessary beam struggle.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Haki as a system is cool, but I hate big nuke blasts. I hated it in Naruto too.

Scale this shit back.