Oct 25, 2017
WUbkDuC.png

• Name: One Piece Bounty Rush
  • Developer: Bandai Namco Games
  • Available in: App Store / Google Play
  • Free with IAP.

To start, this game is seriously the most fun I've had with a mobile/Gacha (and I've played a TON). I know I know, it's a mobile game, but there's NO energy system, and they're pretty generous with resources. With smart play it's possible to max out characters fairly quickly.

I saw that it never got a fair shake on ResetEra (considering it went through a relaunch), so I thought I'd whip up an OT for the 2nd Anniversary since it's a pretty good time to jump in with all of the active events and giveaways. For One Piece or 3D brawler game fans, this worth checking out. And they currently have Hiroshi Kitadani original "We Are!" playing for the load screens, it's worth it for that alone!

xLumW8y.png

What is One Piece Bounty Rush?
This game an online 4v4 3D brawler. The 8 players are divided into 2 teams, and the one with the most captured treasures by the end of the match wins. The roster of unique characters and moves is growing by the week, you're certain to find your fav or one that fits your play style.
Wlw51Ho.png

How do you play?
Use the touch controls to navigate, fight and capture flags. On top of that, you have 2 special skills with their own cooldown that can have a range of effects. Heavy attacks, AoE poisoning, healing etc, depending on the character. That's it, it's that simple!

FtCIGTf.png

szGLDml.png

What are the character types?
Characters come in three types: Attacker, Runner and Defender. All three roles can play as they wish (attacking/defending/capturing), but each type specializes in different areas.

Runner
A Runner is the fastest character type in the game. Your specialty is speed, enabling you to capture flags as quickly as possible for your team. Your attack and defense are on the lower end, but your movement and flag capture speed are the highest amongst all three types. A good runner can snatch a victory at the last possible moment. As a runner, it is advised you head toward the middle flag first to gain control at the start of the game, since it is the furthest from the starting point, and only you can get there fastest. Let Defenders take the first flag, and focus on the furthest one instead and get the upper hand for your team early on!

Defender
A Defender is built like a tank, with high defense and HP to help you protect your captured treasure. The meter above captured treasure is called a Treasure Gauge, which a Defender can fill fastest. The fuller the Treasure Gauge is, the longer it will take the opposing team to capture it back, which is to your advantage. At the start of the game, it is advised for a Defender to capture and fill the flag closest to your spawn point. Leaving this Treasure without filling completely opens up the opposing team for a quick capture while your team is fighting elsewhere.

Attacker
An attacker has the strongest attacks in the game, but weaker defense and HP. Your job is to take down runners, interrupt captures and defeat as many as of the opposing team as possible. Pretty straightforward class for those that just want to duke it out. As an attacker it is advised to leave the first flag for a Defender, and the middle flag for a runner. Beyond that, capture and KO at will!

Note that each character has Elements, which have advantages and weaknesses to one another:
yJeRuPR.png

Gameplay Modes - League Battle
This is the main mode of the game. Battle here with a team against random opponents to earn Skill Orbs, Berries, Medal Shards, Fragments, Battle Points and EXP. Different Arenas and stages are scheduled throughout the day.

Gameplay Modes - Challenge Battle
Here are special modes that help you unlock Skill Orbs, Gold Frags and Rainbow Diamonds. Challenges range from Boss Raids, Fixed Level Battles, Theme Battles and more.

==========================================

Powering Up Your Characters

Fragments-
This is the main way to unlock characters. Pull them from scout tickets and banners. Pull multiple copies to raise your character's level cap and Star Rating to a maximum of Six Stars. You can also unlock fragments in the following ways:
  • League Battle: Just from regular online matches! You get 4 chests a day that give you frags for a variety of characters
  • Exchange Shop: Trade in your Battle Points for character shards
  • Special Training: Place a character of your choice in training to unlock 1 Shard per 5 hours.
  • Trade in Gold Fragments: Trade in Gold Frags you've collected for any character you see in the shop. It is advised that you save these for characters that aren't available for purchase in the shop, since these are rarer.
Skill Orbs- Skill Orbs can help power up your special moves and unlock character traits, as well as adding HP, Defense and Attack. Unlock these in League/Challenge battles.
  • Level 1 Skill Orbs: These are more common. Use them to power up your characters to Boost 1 Level.
  • Level 2 Skill Orbs: After maxing out the Boost 1 panel, you'll unlock the Boost 2 panel in which you'll need Level 2 Orbs instead. These are much rarer, so use them on characters that you know you will be using for a long time.
Medals- Medals are the cornerstone to polish off your team's powers and abilities. Every character comes with unique medal shards earned from using them in League Battle. Craft these medals and level them up. You can assign up to three medals to your character to assign their listed traits. Mix and match them with their appropriate tags to power up the medal combinations even further. For example, A Luffy medal, matched with a Zoro Medal and Nami Medal will have the East Blue and Straw Hats Tag. Matching tags power up their traits when paired together. Find the best combination for each of your characters to see your power soar. Earn Medals from using characters in League Battle (or placing them in Support) or Events.

Support Team- Power up your main characters by placing other unlocked character in the support slots. Match their element to your main character's element to increase their provided support. Level up these characters to raise your support percentage further, and even more so by unlocking their boost panels. Each character has a set of tags as well (East Blue, Straw Hat, Zoan, etc) which stacking will level up additional bonus traits for battle.

Here is a semi up-to-date tier list to get an idea of which characters you should be after for a fresh account. If retooling, you want to pull at least two copies of a character to level them up enough to stand a chance in the higher ranks of League Battle:
gjwcjz3zhu061.png

Here is are useful links and the info for ResetEra's official Alliance in the game:
I'll keep updating the OT with events, character releases and datamines if it gains any momentum. Otherwise, I'll be happy to help out new players if I can! Happy Bounty Rushing!

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I have a love hate relationship with this game.

I love One Piece and characters.
I hate the gameplay portion.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's basically just online-co-op king of the hill? But hey, it made 2 years so that's something I guess. I might give it another download and see if it sticks this time

OP
OP
PeakPointMatrix
Oct 25, 2017
I have a love hate relationship with this game.

I love One Piece and characters.
I hate the gameplay portion.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's basically just online-co-op king of the hill? But hey, it made 2 years so that's something I guess. I might give it another download and see if it sticks this time
More or less! Just with 5 different hills.

Funnily enough I had the same reaction 2 years ago when I tried it out, just for whatever reason the gameplay/pace didn't work for me.

Jumping back in during the 1.5 Anniversary I gave it another chance (it helped that I unlocked CP0 Lucci) and it just clicked, and I haven't put it down since. I feel like it's a shame that it's a bit overlooked compared to the other Bamco mobile titles since for me it's easily the most fun of them all.

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
"just jumped in" there it is.
Have fun while it lasts, when you hit the S and above rankings and you regularly run into near maxed 6star top tiers like snakeman where you just die. Pay up or hit that daily grind. At least the events happen semi frequently and they're relatively generous with premium currency gifts. It's a strawhat's birthday, here's 50 gems.

Still the most interesting one piece mobage in the gameplay department.

OP
OP
PeakPointMatrix
Oct 25, 2017
"just jumped in" there it is.
Have fun while it lasts, when you hit the S and above rankings and you regularly run into near maxed 6star top tiers like snakeman where you just die. Pay up or hit that daily grind. At least the events happen semi frequently and they're relatively generous with premium currency gifts. It's a strawhat's birthday, here's 50 gems.

Still the most interesting one piece mobage in the gameplay department.
You can max out your characters fairly quickly, maybe like 1-2 months with regular play and pulling on some good step-up banners. I was able to get my Magellan and Marco lvl90+ And hang in the SS ranks pretty early on which is part of the reason I've stuck around so long. I've played soooo many gachas where maxing out your characters is an endless ceiling/grind, so I was happy to find a game that gives you an reasonable end in sight for leveling characters.

The irony is that Snakeman's Skill 1 recharges my Magellan's skill 2 instantly on contact, makes for some pretty good counter moments :P

There's definitely many viable characters that can get you to SS these days.

Shadow Walker

Oct 27, 2017
Might give this game a look once optc slows down a bit with treasure map and PVP. I played it years ago I had fun will read the guide later.

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
You can max out your characters fairly quickly, maybe like 1-2 months with regular play and pulling on some good step-up banners. I was able to get my Magellan and Marco lvl90+ And hang in the SS ranks pretty early on which is part of the reason I've stuck around so long. I've played soooo many gachas where maxing out your characters is an endless ceiling/grind, so I was happy to find a game that gives you an reasonable end in sight for leveling characters.

The irony is that Snakeman's Skill 1 recharges my Magellan's skill 2 instantly on contact, makes for some pretty good counter moments :P

There's definitely many viable characters that can get you to SS these days.
"just slog thru a couple hundred CBT sessions and get lucky"
Nah, I got good games I could be playing.
Yes I am salty the best roster in a one piece action game can't come with decent controls and netcode. The idea of the perfect dodge is nice, it's a shame you have you have to mentally simulate the game state 3 seconds (with variation) into the future if you want a shot at making use of it.

Oct 27, 2017
I wish this was on console, after BB launched I legit stopped playing for a couple months but still love the game and im back at rank SS. Anyway, did marine ace get a buff? cause I don't remember him being SS rank worthy

OP
OP
PeakPointMatrix
Oct 25, 2017
"just slog thru a couple hundred CBT sessions and get lucky"
Nah, I got good games I could be playing.
Yes I am salty the best roster in a one piece action game can't come with decent controls and netcode. The idea of the perfect dodge is nice, it's a shame you have you have to mentally simulate the game state 3 seconds (with variation) into the future if you want a shot at making use of it.
Dang sorry that was your experience. I wonder if they've improved the netcode since you joined? I just jumped in around last June and there's an odd match or two with jank, but it's been pretty smooth, and dodging/perfect dodging has been a trivial thing. I definitely had much worse times playing other realtime Bandai games like DBZ: Legends. No idea what the state of Bounty Rush was a year ago or at launch tho.
I wish this was on console, after BB launched I legit stopped playing for a couple months but still love the game and im back at rank SS. Anyway, did marine ace get a buff? cause I don't remember him being SS rank worthy
Nice! Yeah, feel you on the BB hence my title lol. Luckily there's a few counters for him now, most recently the Dressrossa Luffy/Law combo (or Lawffy). My Magellan stands up pretty well to him too.

Marine Ace is still surprisingly viable and has aged well with some of the other older units like Marco and Kaku. To my knowledge Bamco doesn't give out any buffs because of course not. I dream of this getting controller support. Console support would be amazing since this game feels too good for mobile lol.

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
Dang sorry that was your experience. I wonder if they've improved the netcode since you joined? I just jumped in around last June and there's an odd match or two with jank, but it's been pretty smooth, and dodging/perfect dodging has been a trivial thing. I definitely had much worse times playing other realtime Bandai games like DBZ: Legends. No idea what the state of Bounty Rush was a year ago or at launch tho.

Nice! Yeah, feel you on the BB hence my title lol. Luckily there's a few counters for him now, most recently the Dressrossa Luffy/Law combo (or Lawffy). My Magellan stands up pretty well to him too.

Marine Ace is still surprisingly viable and has aged well with some of the other older units like Marco and Kaku. To my knowledge Bamco doesn't give out any buffs because of course not. I dream of this getting controller support. Console support would be amazing since this game feels too good for mobile lol.
You don't notice a difference at all between the timing required to perfect dodge in solo modes vs online play?

OP
OP
PeakPointMatrix
Oct 25, 2017
You don't notice a difference at all between the timing required to perfect dodge in solo modes vs online play?
Oh definitely, but this could apply to most online vs solo games. It'll always be more accurate solo. But dodging is pretty consistent once you can recognize each character's "tell", even online. As long as you time it right synced up with their attack animation. I can dodge any Shanks/BB attack 90%. But yeah there is a portion that gets janky, it's still a mobile online game at the end of the day.

OP
OP
PeakPointMatrix
Oct 25, 2017
Gol D. Roger banner released for second week of anniversary!

2U5vUgm.png

I think this marks the first time Roger's ever been playable in 3D?