Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
oeBby8I.gif

That shit was crazy. Praise Lord Helix.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Literally a legendary event. Unreplicable.

Like, once that gimmick was unleashed, you couldn't do it again. Zapdos still boggles my mind to this day.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly can't believe that was five years ago. What were the names again? Bird Jesus, AJ, Abbey? Can't rmember the rest besides Lord Helix.

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I can't believe it's been 5 years. Feels like it was just yesterday that me and my friends reunited in their apartment to watch this...

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus, five years? It still feels really recent to me.

Definitely something that can't be replicated and I'm glad I actually caught a good chunk of it.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
Fuck, five years?! I remember that and the launch of Salty Bet so fondly. What a hilarious time

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
This was such a great thing.
All the other things they did felt really manufactured and forced, and it just wasn't the same.

I can't find it, but the Backstreet Boys video with the Pokémon heads shopped on them when it finished was so good.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I felt like the chaos/lawful system (can't remember what it was called) that they introduced kind of ruined the concept. At that point it became a lot less funny and impressive.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
The fanart that cropped up around this was legendary. Bloody Sunday, the Venonat/Dragonite standoff and the Gen 2 finale are probably my favorite moments of the entire thing.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
This was such a great thing.
All the other things they did felt really manufactured and forced, and it just wasn't the same.

I can't find it, but the Backstreet Boys video with the Pokémon heads shopped on them when it finished was so good.

Its decent till they run out of new Pokemon games to play (like around XY?) and have to play lame ROM hacks or other games. Did they played Let's go yet? Can they even play let's go with the setup? I checked it out time to time after Gen 2 till X/Y i think.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
This was 5 years ago?? I remember this like yesterday, I was a part of it from the start.
Loved naming the Pokémon and the fear I had when we had to access the pc.

Shout out to my bois and gurls Jay Leno, Bird Jesus, Air Lapras, All Terrain Venomoth and Lord Helix.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some of the gifs in this thread are killing me, that one from the Digimon movie lmao.

And the vid in the OP is 11 and a half hours and takes place entirely in and around Cerulean City. Amazing.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy that it's only been five years since the world's youngest major religion came into being. I was in college at the time and we had it running on someone's phone all the time

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
One of those things that only could be explained if you were there.

I actually think that it was a great idea to add the lawful and chaotic system, this thing needed some closure and some of the mazes would have been impossible without that

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
One of those things that only could be explained if you were there.

I actually think that it was a great idea to add the lawful and chaotic system, this thing needed some closure and some of the mazes would have been impossible without that

Yea. Its the wonder of internet, video game and Pokemon mixed together. Actually its crazy how Pokemon create all these crazes with the OG pokemon, TPP and Pokemon Go. I wonder what will be the next crazy Pokemon thing that will capture that crazy energy.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
It was the Team Rocket hideout I think
Yes, it was. Digrat ruined that part, kept teleporting us out of the hideout (or was it Silph Co?) and we dropped Bird Jesus, the best Pokémon after Abby (Charmeleon) died to the box.

Also, the plan for Vaporeon failed and I remember people were pretty salty lol. It was what led to Charmeleon and Rattata being released.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I recall watching the Venomoth Dragonite match live at a Social and explaining to my friend why Dragonite would always use Agility because the AI would always use a Super Effective move even if the move did no damage. Because Agility was Psychic type Dragonite would always use it against Venomoth's Poison type.

I also remember Postman Groudon from the Heart Gold/Soul Silver finale as well as the Black and White 2 Pokemon World Tournament finale as well.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Oh, the sweet Obama era before the internet was officially seen as a tool of dispair for civilization and literally everything around the world was better.

Please take me back.