mclem

Oct 25, 2017

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Sad news. I was a bit late to the party, but I essentially taught myself english by picking up imported copies of Zzap! back around 89-90. His art has a special part in my childhood memories.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Part of the ritual of ZZapp! and Crash was the initial pleasure of seeing the covers. I have prints of his work on the walls of my gaming room.

Really sad & RIP.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Only saw a few magazines with his art, but it's really striking and incredible work. Darn shame.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Memory is an unreliable thing. I was certain I started buying Zzap earlier, but I distinctly remember getting my dad to buy this for me, even though I didn't know more than a few words in english. I kept picking them up after that, and the cover art was a big part of the magic.

Such a cool cover.

380b3476-7ff9-437c-98wffs.jpeg

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
My parents bought me Zzap! every month. His artwork really fired the imagination, particularly when graphics tech in the actual games was in its infancy.

Just ordered his artbook so I can reminisce.

Pippip

Apr 13, 2019
So sad to hear this. Crash and Zzap! 64 were among the first computer magazines I read, and I adored his art. Not just the evocative front covers, but the little doodles and bits he'd do in the margins of the pages, too.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Memory is an unreliable thing. I was certain I started buying Zzap earlier, but I distinctly remember getting my dad to buy this for me, even though I didn't know more than a few words in english. I kept picking them up after that, and the cover art was a big part of the magic.

Such a cool cover.

What an awesome artwork.

Btw: that cover game never made it into the public...
www.gamesthatwerent.com

Murder! (C64) - 1990 U.S. Gold - GTW64

Probably one of the last major lost titles left to find on the Commodore 64 - Murder! by US Gold. Finished and reviewed in 1990, but never released by the

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017

Such a cool cover.

Lol at that Sterling Dollar exchange rate.

Recognise the art if not the artist. Great memories.