For US politics and election threads

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
www.usatoday.com

'A Nation in SERIOUS DECLINE': GOP platform is an unhinged all-caps list of Trump lies

The Republican National Committee adopted the strangest document ever created and declared it the GOP's new official platform.

GSCyPXvWoAADlJM.png

Republicans have posted their 2024 platform which is basically the "core values" of the party and President for the election and the talking points.

Whats interesting is what is NOT on the list anymore. Nothing about abortion, nothing about gay marriage. Allegedly Trump pushed to get both things off the previous platforms. It focuses heavily on immigration and the economy and ... building an iron dome around America???

It does look like something a toddler wrote but voters love toddlers...

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
If they were honest, they would have just linked to the project 2025 website.

Jebral

Oct 29, 2017
Is that...... A threat to deport citizens who protest? You know, keeping college campuses safe and patriotic.

And then we have the dome.

Like..... What?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Why is the GOP using Trump's communication style?

Dec 11, 2017
Does "restore peace in Europe" mean give Ukraine to Russia? What does "restore peace in the Middle East" mean from a policy perspective?

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Watch Trump say something dumb like all minorities are technically immigrants so he will try to deport anyone not white for "crimes" such as protesting.
Also we all know if Trump wins, Gaza will probably be swept away. It will not be a matter of if, but a matter of when.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Outside of all the nonsense, I love how there are zero policy ideas. How is the GOP going to end inflation? And how do you make America affordable again? It's all just bullshit that idiot voters will buy into, and then when Trump wins and nothing gets better, it will still be the Dems fault somehow.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of all the nonsense, I love how there are zero policy ideas. How is the GOP going to end inflation? And how do you make America affordable again? It's all just bullshit that idiot voters will buy into, and then when Trump wins and nothing gets better, it will still be the Dems fault somehow.

it ties in with the MAGA mentality, no details just MAGA lol

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
That's...their actual official platform?

There really is no one in the GOP with even the smallest spine. Just Trump toadies.

The whole thing is just them yelling at clouds alongside Trump and telling the squirrels he'll get them the biggest nut pile ever.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Their real platform is Project 2025, this is what they are showing so that normal people don't ask too many questions

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gosh, it would be nice if someone in the media put their feet to the fire on 18.

It's part of the official Republican platform, might be worth an interview or two. Maybe even a follow-up question if we're feeling frisky.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I fail to understand how #16 and #17 is even remotely the business of a political party in the US and part of their platform. Especially given there's no proof that schools are teaching critical race theory and that #17 is difficult to figure out (again without any proof that men are competing in women's sports).

So I guess women competing in men's sports is fine by their argument?

EDIT: BTW, what's even "women's sports"? There's a lot that does my head in trying to figure out how that's even a position to take.

RedHeat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And there are some people who thought a Trump presidency wouldn't even be more radically pro-Israel than Biden lmao

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
a literal iron dome over all of America... when they couldnt even build a wall last time, hah.

could look kinda cool from space though, i'll take pics if i ever get on a space trip. how would crops grow with no sun then btw, just all artificial lighting..? seems like a massive logistical problem.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
How do all the antisemitic Trump lovers reconcile with stomping on the free speech of anyone speaking out against Israel? Like I know they aren't the ones at these protests, but surely it must be the one thing "the left" does that they like?

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
So do I need to bring my passport when I vote under this system or what?

Vincent4756

Oct 27, 2017
So the dome is the Wall 2.0?

This whole list just flips and flops all over the place with zero actual ideas.
God this country needs to wake the fuck up.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Make the US the world's biggest energy producer? You'd think they would know that the US is already by far the largest producer of both oil and natural gas and that production of both is at an all-time high

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I fail to understand how #16 and #17 is even remotely the business of a political party in the US and part of their platform. Especially given there's no proof that schools are teaching critical race theory and that #17 is difficult to figure out (again without any proof that men are competing in women's sports).

So I guess women competing in men's sports is fine by their argument?

EDIT: BTW, what's even "women's sports"? There's a lot that does my head in trying to figure out how that's even a position to take.

It's transphobia.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
END THE WEAPONIZATION OF GOVERNMENT AGAINST THE AMERICAN PEOPLE while we DEPORT PRO-HAMAS RADICALS AND DEFEND THE FUNDAMENTAL FREEDOM OF SPEECH

That makes sense if you can't read.

Start making plans now, folks.

Oct 27, 2017
While depressing, I know quite a few people who will look at some of these points and ignore the rest (and the history of GOP just lying on promises) to make their decision against "ageing Biden"