latest

Killua

killua-zoldyck-2618.jpg

Kurapika

kurapika-3797.jpg

Leorio

maxresdefault.jpg

bd292b4b61aeea2076922645fb248248.jpg

For me, Kurapika.His backstory is tragic and excellent motivation, the story surrounding it is well done, a much better Sasuke .He has cool powers which aren't too OP and his personality is appealing. He was so cool in YorkNew

Komali

Sep 25, 2018
I just started watching HxH and I recently watched the final episode of Yorknew City Arc. I must admit, I hated Kurapika first but now he's my favorite.

Btw incredible anime, can't wait to watch the next episodes.

Small Red Boy

▲ Legend ▲
May 9, 2019
Gon, he is like the usual shonen protagonist but he is a an actual kid! And tbh that personality fits with a boy. Also all what he goes through and the ending of 2011 anime... My boy...

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I havent read or seen HxH since the original anime, so I am ashamed to admit that I forgot a ton of details but I always remember Killua being my favorite.

nopattern

Nov 25, 2017
I just started watching HxH and I recently watched the final episode of Yorknew City Arc. I must admit, I hated Kurapika first but now he's my favorite.

Btw incredible anime, can't wait to watch the next episodes.
Man, I'm always so jealous of people first starting this series. Youre in for a treat.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I am an edgelord so naturally I like Kurapika the best. He uses chains as his weapon, which us pretty sick. I also like Killua because he has a skateboard and yo-yo and he tases himself to get lightning powers.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Leolio has the most relatable motivation. He also kind of looks like Kuwabara who was my favorite in Yuyu Hakusho.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
It's really hard for me to choose between Kurapika and Gon.

Gon is one of my favorite manga/anime protags. Seeing his progression throughout the series is extremely fascinating. I find him to be super likable due to his infectious enthusiasm, and personally relate with some of his struggles. He is a child character who legitimately behaves and acts like a child, and that creates some very interesting scenarios when the stakes of story increase.

Kurapika is probably my favorite "Avenger" archetypal character, period. He's the proto-Sasuke, and is better in every single way. His laser focused drive, intelligence, and insane competence makes him a very entertaining and super cool character. And despite him being consumed by revenge, he is truly good at heart. I feel compelled to root for him, but at the same time my heart aches as he goes down a dark path that may destroy him completely and utterly.

I feel highly invested in the plights of these two characters, and coincidentally they are the only characters I own figurines for currently (can't wait for those Nenodroids to release!). Which for me is honestly the ultimate proof of my attachment towards them lol. But if I really have to choose one . . . I think it has to be Gon. I love that little dude. I've shed actual tears for that character.

Killua and Leorio are also fantastic characters. HxH has a amazing set of protagonists.

Last edited:

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
So predictable. I knew Leorio would be last and Killua first. Anyway, Kurapika is the best for me

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Killua for sure, then Kurapika and Gon are definitely both at least in my top 10 characters in the show, if not the top 5.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Killua. I wish we got to see more of them all together after York New City.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I like Killua the most. It's incredible how, after being trained as a cold blooded assassin, he is much more human than Gon, who really disturbed me by the end.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
there's a bunch of story reasons why I say Killua

but I liked him when I first saw him because i thought he was cute. That's it. Sometimes I see a design and go " yep that's my favorite", he just so happened to also be great

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Kurapika is pure edgy trash and annoying after the initial arc.

That's all.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
OP forgot an option for the 5th member of the group, Hisoka. He certainly does more than Leorio.

Kurapika is pure edgy trash and annoying after the initial arc.

That's all.

He's not the edgy character though, that's Killua at the start of the series. Kurapika's pretty mellow outside of the spiders.

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
Killua > Gon > Leorio >>> Kurapika

Something about Kurapika just rubs me the wrong way. His traits, backstory, and accomplishments all sound great on paper, but I just find him kind of annoying.

That's only counting the anime though. Haven't finished the manga.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Killua and Kurapica. Both are hyper thoughtful or strategic sad/feely bois but in different ways and characters that actively try to balance or harmonize feeling and rationality are usually pretty interesting imo.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
the way i see it, hxh is best when it's about gon and killua, because of the sense of adventure
which is why i'm not a fan the current succession arc

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Killua > Kurapika > Leorio > Gon

It's not to say Gon is a bad character at all but still my least fav out of the 4.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Kurapika. York New City arc was so good. I appreciated how different Kurapika is from other major Shonen edgelords, lol.

Oct 31, 2017
I love Gon & Killua's relationship more than any one character but if I had to choose it's Killua. But really, they are perfect together.

Leorio I hated at first and loved by the end. His finest moment is so awesome & cathartic.

I really don't fuck with Kurapika like at all. He a cold ass dog killer but I just don't really like that character too much.

Hisoka is dope as fuck

spider

CLANG
On Break
Oct 23, 2017
Australia
kurapika

and i look forward for when his arc will be completed in about 50 years from now by the immortal android version of togashi

COME BACK FROM HIATUS GOAT MANGA ; __ ;