After May Showcase: "WE WANT GAMEPLAY!"
Xbox: We hear you!
Next showcase: Mostly CG Trailers, unimpressive Halo gamepaly

Deleted member 25042

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Agree with him.
Looks flat and static and quite frankly unimpressive, even if it's dynamic 4k/60/open world.

It goes way beyond adding RT and boom, all issues are solved.
And in what capacity will RT be implemented?
I reaaaly doubt they'll go for a very expensive RT GI, which would likely make the most difference.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
LMAO at the ending.

If you don't want to watch the whole video just watch the last 20 seconds. it's worth it.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
What an awful presentation. Back to back fuck ups for Microsoft. I am not gonna talk shit, I am getting This through Gamepass for my PC, but not for series x. And I'll enjoy it. But oh boy does it look weak.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
The one thing I expected to soften the blow when we all watched it live was when it cut to 343i, I thought it was gonna be announced that it was 60fps unfaltering on the XB1S/X and 120fps on Series X. Think it could have gone a long way to stave off the backlash.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
OMG, the beginning, lol. Poor Craig and family...

Ah, I see NX Gamer is already being attacked by salty fanboys. *sighs*

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Great video, aside from the joke at the beginning, which some might consider unnecessary, he praised where he had to praise and criticized where he had to criticize.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He goes to town on Halo.

Sad thing is there just isn't much to talk about and echoes what others say, CGI trailers, not on Series X etc.

Everwild does look amazing but yeah, Rare are still kinda nowhere with what it's going to be, so yeah.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
That Halo 5 low sample motion blur. Urgh, its so ugly.

Theres literally nothing in the gameplay demo that I can relate to the engine demo of 2018.

Oct 25, 2017
What happened to constructive criticism?

I would classify this video as constructive criticism. It's actually quite detailed in its suggestions for what could improve the image quality.

It really wasn't, Alex from DF did a far better breakdown of Halo Infinite and he didn't have to shit on the game to do it. However I respect the guy but he should be better than that.

I learned more from this video than the DF video. That's not a knock on the DF video, it just had a slightly different focus.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly if halo even out a pre-alpha tag and running on pc I feel like people wouldn't have been as harsh. But it felt like it was on series x (assumptions pre show) and then it's 4 months away. So like it's just seems like man wtf were they thinking here.

but I think they are looking to make this a base build and continually improve overtime so I guess def looking to see what the first release is for it will be before they patch RT
It really wasn't, Alex from DF did a far better breakdown of Halo Infinite and he didn't have to shit on the game to do it. However I respect the guy but he should be better than that.
alex's analysis was very very narrow on just lighting. This was broad overall. Just because Alex was a bit softer on the game doesn't discredit this analysis as well. Both takes are correct for what they looked at. ESP when there were things like some guns lacking muzzle flash, grunts not even reacting when a grenade was stickied on them a lifeless world(no foliage moving, or grass moving) etc. there was a lot bad from this showing.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is my take as well, Halo deserved the flak for its showing, but if he wants to be taken serious he should let this type of shit takes out of his videos.

Negotiator117

Banned
Jul 3, 2020
I would classify this video as constructive criticism. It's actually quite detailed in its suggestions for what could improve the image quality.

I learned more from this video than the DF video. That's not a knock on the DF video, it just had a slightly different focus.
I'm not going to knock the guy anymore than I have, he's far better at this than I could ever be, but when you have other posters describing his analysis as "brutal", say no more.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
The end of the video explains what type of upgrades we can expect with the ray tracing patch, really good stuff NX.

Timlot

Banned
Nov 27, 2019
None of this will matter 2-3 months from now. There will be new information to argue over and more hands on impressions as we get closer to launch.

GreyHand23

Apr 10, 2018
I'm not going to knock the guy anymore than I have, he's far better at this than I could ever be, but when you have other posters describing his analysis as "brutal", say no more.

You've basically confirmed that you didn't watch the video. You just don't like that people would describe it as harsh or brutal. He's making honest observations and unfortunately for all of us the truth is a bit ugly. Honestly if you want to gripe about something, while I found it funny, the last 20 seconds of the video was a bit unnecessary and childish.