Status
Not open for further replies.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
wccftech.com

NVIDIA DLSS 3 "Frame Generation" Lock Reportedly Bypassed, RTX 2070 Gets Double The Frames In Cyberpunk 2077

NVIDIA recently introduced its new DLSS 3 technology that adds a new feature known as Frame Generation on supported GPUs.

The Redditor who goes by the username, JusDax, posted in the NVIDIA subreddit under a thread talking about new settings and features being added to Cyberpunk 2077. One of the upcoming features within Cyberpunk 2077 will be DLSS 3 which enables AI-Assisted frame generation that does wonders in boosting the frame rate. We have more details and comparisons over here. The user says that he was able to bypass the DLSS 3 lock on older GeForce RTX cards by adding a config file to remove the VRAM overhead in Cyberpunk. He ran the game at 1440p with HDR off & DLSS set to balanced mode. He was also able to select the Frame Generation tab under the Ultra ray tracing preset.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
would be fantastic if true. I would love to give it a try on 3060 Ti

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
I have my doubts on the validity of this, no one else with review code seems to have tested it?

not testable by us yet, but basically any person that got the 4090 to review and DLSS3 patch for Cyberpunk 2077 could verify this, but not a peep as of yet. not even been 24 hours since that post but still.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the gains are like, since it still has to use the Tensor cores. I could maybe see a slight dip in DLSS 2 performance, being offset by a much bigger gain in DLSS 3 performance.

Should be interesting to see what happens.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
This was only a matter of time, but faster than I expected! Can't wait to see what my 3080TI is capable of! You can see why Nvidia didn't want to release this on older gen cards. You simply love to see it.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Would not surprise me that the 2xxx and 3xxx cards were perfectly capable for using DLSS 3.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Even if it's a small bump when we lack new tech from tbe 4000s, but would be great

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
If true for older geneation RTX cards, Nvidia can fuck off for trying to force folks buying their overpriced 4000 series to use DLSS3.

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
The OP who discovered it said:

DLSS Frame Generation doesn't seem to be hardware locked to RTX 40 series. I was able to bypass a software lock by adding a config file to remove the VRAM overhead in Cyberpunk. Doing this causes some instability and frame drops but I'm getting ~80 FPS on an RTX 2070 with the following settings:

2560x1440 res

HDR off

DLSS Balanced

DLSS Frame Generation ON

Ray Tracing Ultra preset

(I get ~35-40 FPS without Frame Generation and DLSS at Quality)
Can't wait to try it on my 3070.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
lol Nvidia

laugh-nicholas-cage.gif

SunshinePuppies

One Winged Slayer
Nov 14, 2020
i was under the impression that's it's probably possible but that since the older cards might not have enough hardware for it that it would be worse than regular DLSS 2?

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
DLSS Frame Generation doesn't seem to be hardware locked to RTX 40 series. I was able to bypass a software lock by adding a config file to remove the VRAM overhead in Cyberpunk. Doing this causes some instability and frame drops but I'm getting ~80 FPS on an RTX 2070 with the following settings:

I wouldn't get too excited if it causes framedrops and instablity. Most importantly tho where is the proof for all of this?

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
"Reportedly bypassed" = "Random Reddit user said it, but didn't show any proof or gave any info on how to do it"

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Beyond whether this is even legit, it seems like the question would be whether it runs correctly, not whether you can force it to run. If it causes a bunch of instability and/or other issues then it's kind of pointless.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
If true, can this be enabled for any game? They had to modify the game's config file, so I assume there's no (known) way to unlock it for all supported games.

Still, if true, fuck Nvidia. I get trying to make a case for buying 4000 series cards, but this just strengthens my resolve to not give them any money until they start making reasonably priced cards again.

StarsAreStuff

Feb 16, 2021
jfc nvidia give this to all rtx owners ya goobers. stability issues aside, it would be worth being able to try.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Everyone should hold their horses until this is explained in detail. But it would be quite funny if true. 😹

KRT

Aug 7, 2020
Even with the instability and quality issues I won't believe that nvidia couldn't make it work if they wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.