AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
FNkudYlVgAQrARb

FNkuggCUcAIn04X

FNkujZ7VkAA3S_D

Via Mat Piscatella on Twitter, more info including platform top 10s through there

Lock if old.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Mainstream success, baby. Here's hoping it becomes influential enough to finally break the drudgery of modern open world design.

Cygnus X-1

Oct 28, 2017
It would be nice to get a feeling on how many Elden Ring units were sold.

It's a pity NPD does not provide these numbers (to us) anymore.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Elden Ring on fire. Arceus with no digital sales at #2 for the year. And all 3 consoles healthy and crushing. Feels good.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
look carefully, success ahead

-------

I forgot Square is involved in publishing Dying Light 2 (atleast in the US?).

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Horizon selling more than Dying Light 2 is really good for Horizon isn't it?

Yuntu

Nov 7, 2019
Germany

IIRC Bandai shares shipment numbers in when games hit milestones. They did so for Souls games as well. I would expect PR to be released atleast at some point this year.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Man that's a beautiful top 3, especially because those are the games I'm playing currently (well, bought Elden Ring but I'm trying to finish the other 2 first).
Great stuff. Elden Ring is just absolutely nuts! Miyazaki and From Software in general must be really happy with its success, it's dominating all kinds of gaming conversation.
Horizon putting in work

Go Aloy! I finally reached a point in the game and story where I'm like "Holy fuck what's next!?". Really want to finish it soon and find out.

Oct 27, 2017
Ouch, Elden Ring only #2 on PlayStation, poor FromSoftware was unlucky enough to be against Aloy ; )))

(Yep, I wanted to be that guy)

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I find the framing of that weird. The Souls games were already mainstream. Elden Ring is just continuing that trend. DS3 was already the breakout, though I'd argue it probably happened somewhere in-between 2, BB and 3. It's hasn't been restricted to the "enthusiast market" for some time

look carefully, success ahead

-------

I forgot Square is involved in publishing Dying Light 2 (atleast in the US?).

Yeah, Square distributed the physical copy in the US

Doogdogg

Oct 27, 2017
Square Enix now on the no digital number train as well? I wonder if more publisher will be doing that as well.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Horizon must have gone insane numbers since it was only one platform (or two technically). Big grats to the team!

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Amazing opening for HFW and Elden Ring.

Still boggles my mind about the evergreens in the top 20.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Amazing start for Elden Ring.

Mainstream success, baby. Here's hoping it becomes influential enough to finally break the drudgery of modern open world design.

That didn't happen with BotW so I'm doubtful it happens here.

I think open worlds like theirs will remain few and far between. They're pretty special and require an amount of focus you're unlikely to see from yearly or every-other-year titles.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
First time I ever seen my older brother play a Souls game. He usually just plays the popular shooters/sports/Pokemon.

I know quite a few people who are madly addicted to this game and they've on more than one occasion expressed their hate for Souls games lol It's great to see. From did something special here and I'm happy to see more people playing it.

Amazing start for Elden Ring.

That didn't happen with BotW so I'm doubtful it happens here.

I think open worlds like theirs will remain few and far between. They're pretty special and require an amount of focus you're unlikely to see from yearly or every-other-year titles.

Maybe BOTW + ER + BOTW2 will form the Triforce and break the mold...one can hope but you're probably right lol BoTW and now ER was just another stark reminder of how homogenized modern open world design has become.

Yuntu

Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I find the framing of that weird. The Souls games were already mainstream. Elden Ring is just continuing that trend. DS3 was already the breakout, though I'd argue it probably happened somewhere in-between 2, BB and 3. It's hasn't been restricted to the "enthusiast market" for some time

I think what Mat meant with Mainstream goes towards the direction of something like Skyrim for example. You know not just big but really big.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda wild that I'm currently playing the top 3 games for the month at the same time lol

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

Based on the 12 month chart, we know that this first month of Elden Ring has outsold the lifetime sales of Resident Evil 8 in the US. We have a 5.7 million worldwide number for RE8, direct from Capcom's website. Now this obviously isn't something you can easily do as this is just US sales vs world sales, but considering how large the US game market is, should give you an idea of how big this game is

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all remember when no one cared or knew who FROM was? Especially during the psx/PS2 era? Remember? Now they are going to go down as one of the greatest to ever do it.

Damn....

Miyazaki, we love you king.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Horizon and Elden Ring both did really good?

Seems like all the Horizon vs. Elden Ring posts and threads were really stupid in hindsight. Reminds me of 2017 🤔

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Just realized Series S must be putting in work since Xbox outsold PS in Horizon's launch month. Definitely supply constraints but wild to see.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Strong debut for Horizon Forbidden West, its going to be putting in work leading up to the release of God of War Ragnarok. Amazing game

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So Horizon and Elden Ring both did really good?

Seems like all the Horizon vs. Elden Ring posts and threads were really stupid in hindsight. Reminds me of 2017 🤔

The original Horizon did great as well.

I think when people talk about Horizon vs. BotW, it's more of a mindshare conversation. Horizon wasn't even remotely close to BotW as far as discussion on social media and gaming communities, similarly to what we've seen with Horizon vs. Elden Ring.

EPLirish

Jan 20, 2022
Horizon must have gone insane numbers since it was only one platform (or two technically). Big grats to the team!

I mean Horizon ranked 1 on Playstation, ahead of Elden Rings, that's pretty good considering Elden Ring's success.. If they're going to follow Xbox with PC releases on day one, I can imagine it would sell like hotcakes

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome for ER. First From game I'm actually sticking with. They'd make even more if they put a glider in and some elf ears. Hire me for consulting, From.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The original Horizon did great as well.

I think when people talk about Horizon vs. BotW, it's more of a mindshare conversation. Horizon wasn't even remotely close to BotW as far as discussion on social media and gaming communities, similarly to what we've seen with Horizon vs. Elden Ring.
Haha, I know.

I'm just being petty and passive aggressive.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Great results for Elden Ring and Horizon it seems!

Both will probably end up selling tens of millions, so happy gamers and publishers.

Hope GT7 also sells respectable numbers.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
God of War remaining in the TOP10 YTD because of it´s PC launch is the real story here, everything else was predictable af.

Last edited:

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
And this only takes into account 2 days of Elden Ring sales.

It must be around 15 million by now

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved. Elden Ring is easily the best thing FROM has ever made and quite possibly one of the best games of the last 10 years. 130 hours in and I'm still going on my first playthrough.