Votes: 140 67.3%
  • Across the Spider-Verse

Votes: 68 32.7%

• Total voters

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I've been debating about this for a bit now, and I'm not gonna lie guys, I think Spiderverse 2 might just be the better album from top to bottom. Like, yes, Sunflower is arguably the best song out of both albums but if we're talking about cohesion, quality and straight vibe from both albums: I'm going Spiderverse 2 every single time. This soundtrack has been on repeat nonstop since the movie dropped for me.

So what about y'all? Which soundtrack do you prefer?
81vrnCQ33uL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
58140ceafb4b781120fdfb62bf6fd0a1.1000x1000x1.jpg

Knot Locks

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Like, yes, Sunflower is arguably the best song out of both albums but if we're talking about cohesion, quality and straight vibe from both albums: I'm going Spiderverse 2 every single time. This soundtrack has been on repeat nonstop since the movie dropped for me.

My thoughts exactly. Overall, Across the Spider-Verse has the better soundtrack

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I could say Sunflower is the best song (it's amazing), but Am I Dreaming blew me away. It's close for me, it's really close.

And 2 would feel like a more cohesive soundtrack given you have Metro Boomin on nearly all of it.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the soundtracks are both the weakest parts of these movies (not the score, Pemberton's work is great).

ITSV maybe edges out because What's Up Danger was pretty perfect in context of the movie. Am I Dreaming was a very good credits track for ATSV, but on the whole it's all forgettable and typically averaged "licensed for movies" content.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
The first one had more distinctive bangers across a more diverse range of sounds. Metro Boomin has a lane and he sticks to it... and it's a lane I don't really gel with a lot of the time. A lot of the songs just sorta blurred into each other, hell, I don't even remember anything from the Nas song.

Nov 2, 2017
The first one had more distinctive bangers across a more diverse range of sounds. Metro Boomin has a lane and he sticks to it... and it's a lane I don't really gel with a lot of the time. A lot of the songs just sorta blurred into each other, hell, I don't even remember anything from the Nas song.

This is about where I'm at with it honestly. I can really remember more songs from ITSV's soundtrack than ASTV's.

I also kind of vibe more with Elevate over Am I Dreaming (but both made it on my yearly playlist I curate).

Azaan60

Mar 18, 2020
The first one is wayyy better. Sunflower is a masterpiece of a song and makes it better than the 2nd album alone.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
The sad thing is that the best Into the Spider-verse song is not in the album.

View: https://youtu.be/AeTSVWD_8Y4
An actual crime that this song was never released in any shape or form.
Also, Across the Spider-verse loses points cause it doesn't have a song with Spanish like Familia.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The actual musical score is a lot fucking better in the sequel even with the originals being no slouch at all. I didn't think he'd top the Prowler theme from the first but Daniel Pemberton knocked it out of the park with a couple different characters but especially Gwen's

View: https://youtu.be/c2biZ7vM51Y

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The Spot turning into a multiversal threat is another awesome one

View: https://youtu.be/4C-H7Mr7hGg

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Jan 20, 2022
At first I was pretty steadfast that Into had a better soundtrack. But the Across soundtrack has been growing on me a lot. Am I Dreaming, Self Love, Hummingbird and Nonviolent Communication have lived in my head

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Post Malone is Trash but Sunflower is iconic. I download AtSV's soundtrack and OST but haven't listened to them through yet, but in the movie the music was great

Oct 26, 2017
I've been repeatedly listening to the ASTV album since release date.

Both albums are top tier.
Even though there's really no Sunflower or What's Up Danger equivalent on the ASTV album, the songs are more....consistent.

Hummingbird, Calling, Annihilate, Self Love, Am I Dreaming, All The Way Live.....all bangers.
Only a few are kinda weak (Danger is mid tbh)

But my boy Metro definitely cooked with this one. 🔥🔥🔥

The Deluxe Album is missing a few songs that were in the movie like Light The City Up. That song is too raw.

Oct 27, 2017
Still have to see 2 but reading "Metro Boomin" over and over takes away what I typically enjoy from these types of soundtracks (don't know them, honestly so this isn't about quality).

It'd be like Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 tapping remaining members of Jay and the Americans or something for songs, featuring guests from other bands typically on the soundtrack, imo.

Again, haven't seen it, but the vibes of stuff like when Afraid of the Dark starts etc in 1 seem hard to top.

BUT, I can't wait to see and hear it! Hopefully this weekend.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Into the spiderverse had a phenomenal soundtrack, but the sequel has better bangers for me and an overall better track list as well. That asap track is gonna be getting some top playtime from me for a long ass while.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
I love love love the first one: pretty much all songs. Second album hasn't hooked me yet.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed AtSV's Soundtrack has a Nas song called Nas Morales so that's fire

Jakisthe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ITSV album > ATSV album ; ATSV score > ITSV score

The real matchup, however, is all 2018: Black Panther album vs ITSV album.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Into the spider verse is hands down better, i can pinpoint all the songs to parts of the movie. Across has many songs that sadly blend together and not as distinct

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The across the spider verse album is hot trash. Not a single good song on it. The best one is the JID bars which are attached to another bad song.

The score is fire though.

Just noticed AtSV's Soundtrack has a Nas song called Nas Morales so that's fire

It's fucking terrible. Maybe the worst nas song ever.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
But Weezy absolutely killed it on Annihilate. I still repeat those verses in my head sometimes.

And ditto on Pemberton outgoing himself on the score.
He really deserves an Oscar for Best Score, on god.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Across for me. While I enjoyed the music of ITSV a lot, I really connected to the music in ATSV.

Last edited:

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
The first one for me and I don't think just because I have heard it more. I am not even crazy about Sunflower but What's Up Danger, Elevate, Home, there are lots of tracks I listen to regularly.

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
The sad thing is that the best Into the Spider-verse song is not in the album.

View: https://youtu.be/AeTSVWD_8Y4
An actual crime that this song was never released in any shape or form.
Also, Across the Spider-verse loses points cause it doesn't have a song with Spanish like Familia.

But it does have a Spanish version of Sunflower that played in the movie and is part of the Sunflower covers EP. I've enjoyed all 5 of the covers.

View: https://youtu.be/vtQDCSdTfIo

Also, you can download a pretty decent recreation of the mashup from that Great Expectations scene here.
I think Into the Spider-Verse has the better use of licensed music, Across doesn't quite have a What's Up Danger moment but it's a shame the movie version with the score doesn't appear on the album. ITSV also has St Elmo's Fire, and the Great Expectations mashup, I like Scared of the Dark as well. Overall better and more variety with the licensed music that isn't on the album too.

But damn, Across wins for score just in the first 15 minutes alone. And Am I Dreaming is excellent. I just wish that "METRO!!" sound bite wasn't on EVERY TRACK outside of the additional deluxe tracks. And it's weird that they took down the deluxe edition that included Mona Lisa.

Either way both films have amazing music, and I've been listening to a playlist I made of all the music from the soundtrack albums, scores, and extra EPs along with the licensed music that wasn't included but was featured in the movies all in chronological order and it makes for great listening.

Last edited:

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
AtSV has a better score, ItSV had a better soundtrack.

At least that's my current take. Having seen AtSV all the way through once and ItSV many times, I was able to name a couple of songs from the first film and when they played and none of the songs from the second. Now, that totally just could be because I've only seen Across once in full. I guess we'll see.

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
ITSV has the better soundtrack. I only like Am I Dreaming and Self Love from ATSV, and for the deluxe edition, you can add Mona Lisa and Take It To The Top.

It's a small thing but I also hate the little "Metro!" cry in every single song. It's annoying, haha.