Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.tmz.com

Former Rapper Logic drops $226k On Rare Pokemon Card

Former rapper Logic dropped an insane amount of loot for a Pokemon card -- more than a quarter-of-a-million bucks!!!

Former rapper Logic dropped an insane amount of loot for a Pokemon card -- more than a quarter-of-a-million bucks!!!

The card in question .. a super-rare, first edition Charizard. Pokemon trading cards have skyrocketed in value over the last few years. Back in 1999, when Pokemon became a thing, the card had almost no value ... now you can buy a house for the cost of a prized card.

As for how much Logic paid ... a whopping $226,000!!! It broke the record for Nintendo collectibles

As for what makes Logic's card so rare ... It's shadowless ... meaning the typical shadow on the right side of the art is absent.
RIP Pokemon card market, time to get Capitalism'd.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who collects things to actually display/use/etc I hate speculator markets.

Tony

Oct 27, 2017
Former rapper? Weird to see him billed as twitch streamer first and foremost lol

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Huh ? I own that card.

It's worth that much ?

If its actually shadowless I would pay to get it graded by a company and then sell that asap. It its not shadowless I would hold onto it for now, market is still growing wait for collectors to swoop up all of the first edition charizards then put it on the market. Still will probably need to get it graded tho.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Damn! Imagine if you'd previously owned one of these and thrown it out / lost it because it was "just a card". Could happen to anyone.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This makes me want to go hunting in my attic. I know we have those old collector's card books full of cards.

Attic spiders have probably claimed them as their own.

MultiJhonny

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Leonhart, the popular pokemon card puller, pulled a 1st edition Blastoise. I had a few when I was younger :(

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Ohhhhhh

huh i should have a double check at mine
maxresdefault.jpg

Collectors are weird bunch.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I clicked this thread thinking to myself "it better be a holographic 1st Edition Charizard" and I was not disappointed.

And fuck you to whoever stole my binder full of cards in the 4th grade

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Seems to me like that cash would go a lot further raising his child, but hey, maybe this is nothing money to him?

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I have a few 1st edition holo Charizards back home, I really should check how much they are worth at some point.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have the second edition of the holo Charizard... only worth a few hundred

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems to me like that cash would go a lot further raising his child, but hey, maybe this is nothing money to him?
Dude's a multi-millionaire and is currently getting paid a 7-figure sum by Twitch to stream. So, I imagine that plus his residuals means he has more than enough money to buy dumb things for the hell of it.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
wait, could I have bought a bunch of these for much cheaper and kept them for 20 years? (not this exact card)

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
What does this have to do with suicide? Also, I'm now curious to know if there are pro-suicide former rappers out there.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What. I better check if mine is shadowless or not lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I used to like Logic, you know, the rapper? Eh, but after the needledrop reviews him so poorly I just don't really care for his music now.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Dug mine out and it's a shadowed unfortunately, but it's interesting how the value of these has gone up so much over time. I priced my collection several years ago and cards that were going for $10-$15 then are going for $400-$500 now. Weird times.

No reason not to just hold onto them longer at this point.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I mean ... do what makes you happy and all. However, card collecting whether it's sports-based or for card games is just weird to me when the price points hit numbers would change an average person's life. It's "rare", sure, but it's worth absolutely nothing.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That Charizard wasn't even that good. Burning 2 turns of energy for a big attack that over killed was never worth since only Chaney even got close to that health, significantly worse than Venasaurs freely transfer Grass Energy between Pokemon as I wish or Blastoises just equip an unlimited number of water energy each turn.

Charizard fans are weird. Well if they have money to spend, might as well make a profit on them.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I used to be a hardcore collector when I was a kid, but the shadowless cards are true 1st gen 1st run. Shortly after release they decided to add shadow borders to their cards