Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, wait, wait. I think I figured it out.

Is this shit...

...and this...
maxresdefault.jpg

...the same fucking mask?

Oh yeah. And it's literally one of the most important things in the game. This is The Mask description as found in the movie:
In the film, the not ordinary mask was created between the end of the 4th century AD and the beginning of the 5th century AD by Loki, the Norse god of fire and mischief in the northern lands of Europe in Asgard, supposedly of Scandinavian origin.

Odin was in pursuit of ultimate knowledge and he was obsessed with fixing this Mask to see what it could grant to a god. Big Head (the thing Mask turns you into), with its literal reality bending powers, kinda does imply understanding beyond normal comprehension.
What I am trying to fucking say is that THE MASK IS MODERN DAY SEQUEL TO GOD OF WAR RAGNAROK.

THAT'S NOT ALL

I think the villain of the next God of War is clear cut now. Atreus has broken the complete mask at the end before anyone could wear it...but it might still be there. And who wants to shove an anvil up Atreus' ass? Who is so fucking done that he would have nothing to lose going ballistic?
Sindri.

maxresdefault.jpg

He will repair the Mask and put it on to face Kratos and Atreus. Only a Giant can control it so Sindri will turn into chaotic Big Head Sindri - hellbent on killing Atreus. it's all so obvious!

shutterstock-editorial-5885184ag.jpg

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
The mask is not still there, it's gone. It was sucked into the rift, and then the rift closed.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
They call me Cuban Pete. I'm the king of the rumba beat.
When I play the maracas I go chick-chicky-boom, chick-chicky boom

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
The mask was such a peen tease.

I'm thinking some incredible, mind blowing shit gonna happen and it just gets broken.

Would've loved for Odin to get it and fuck some shit up real quick.

Like take control of Surtur through god magic and ultimate knowledge. Becoming both life and destruction

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
All kidding aside it is kind of too coincidental

It looks similar, it has a very similar green glow, and it's called "The Mask of Loki" in the Jim Carrey movie. And Norse myth has no real allusions to any mask of Loki.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017

It looks similar, it has a very similar green glow, and it's called "The Mask of Loki" in the Jim Carrey movie. And Norse myth has no real allusions to any mask of Loki.
The developers have already said the mask in the game is exactly a nod to the Jim Carry movie.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
yea, not even a nod, literally made it seem like the same universe. i loved that idea.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
The only thing I remember about that terrible The Mask sequel, Son of the Mask, is that Loki was played by Alan Cumming and Odin was played by Bob Hoskins

ghb477.jpg

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

The developers have already said the mask in the game is exactly a nod to the Jim Carry movie.
what the hell lol. The mask made me think of the movie of course, but I thought that the game and the movie both referenced the same thing from Norse myths.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played either of the games, but the second I saw the mask I knew it was a reference to The Mask.