Aug 22, 2024
No Strings Attached (2011)
[Starring Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher]

-VS-

Friends with Benefits (2011)
[Starring Mila Kunis, and Justin Timberlake]

Are they the same movie?
No. But they might as well be.

Both movies are about two friends who have a physical relationship without commitment.

Which is the better movie?

VS.jpg

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
A remember that I saw both but I don't remember anything that happened in No Strings Attached so I'm going to go with Friends with Benefits

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
I remember friends with benefits being a movie that I started watching with the intention of making fun of it as I went along. And while it was an incredibly silly movie I still ended up liking it a lot.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I was having a stroke or something that year when I saw the two trailers a few weeks apart.

Nakho

Nov 1, 2017
Friends with Benefits is low-key a actual good movie. JT is surprisingly solid, Mila Kunis is great as usual, humor is on point

No strings attached is pretty bad, zero chemistry

OP
OP
FrozenPinky

FrozenPinky

Aug 22, 2024
Must suck that Ashton's movie is losing to Justin's movie! Ashton has been acting since he was way younger and Justin is NOT a great actor. He's the worst thing about the movie The Social Network (which is a great movie). You can literally SEE his acting

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I didn't see either. I think the question is which set of leads had better on screen chemistry. Funnily enough, I'm certain neither will compare to the chemistry Portman and Kunis had in Black Swan.

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021
I love watching romantic comedies and somehow, I dropped Friends with Benefits after watching some. But this thread made me to give another chance to it.

MangoUltz

"This guy are sick"
Mar 24, 2019
Friends with Benefits is a nice little film, very rewatchable. And it has the great Richard Jenkins. And an insane Woody Harrelson character. It's the better flick.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, weird timing for this thread. Randomly put on Friends with Benefits two days ago. Mila Kunis is always great. It's pretty funny. But man, does Timberlake have a punchable face. The monologue that was supposed to show how hurt he was, getting you to sympathize with him, was pretty much ruined cause he's just a bad actor. Don't think the movie wants me to be laughing at him at that part lol. Despite that, still a fun movie.

Been ages since I've seen No Strings Attached. I like both Kutcher and Portman. Is it considered to be the worst of the two?

machine

Oct 25, 2017
This question is almost as important as the question of which movie with Matthew McConaughey leaning on the cover is the best.
81FR9UHqTVL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
The joke being that both terms are opposites of each other but are actually representing the same movie plot?
I've never seen either, btw.

Aaron

Dreamcast Political Party
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Friends With Benefits only because it's the one I've actually seen lol.

The subplot with the dad's Alzheimer's/dementia really got to me though, we'd started dealing with that happening with my grandma and it's something I've always worried about with my dad.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Any romcom recs, other than these two?
Watched Notting Hill/Love Actually/The Holiday/How to Lose a Guy../The Proposal already