tr1b0re

Oct 17, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
www.nomanssky.com

Origins Update - No Man's Sky

Origins: Introducing Update 3.0 Update 3.0, Origins, dramatically expands the universe of No Man’s Sky. Explore a stranger, richer and more varied universe, with deeper planetary diversity, dramatic new terrain, a host of new creatures, new weather conditions, colossal buildings, and much more...

Detailed info on the new No Man's Sky update, so many new things to see!

Definitely gonna jump back in later tonight

New planet biomes, new creatures, new weather, SAND WORMS FINALLY

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I say it every update but the sheer amount of stuff that Hello have put into this game is crazy. I can't think of any other devs that has added anywhere near as into their game, especially after 4 years. I don't just mean in terms of added content but also the continued work they've put into the engine itself that improves the game world with each update.

I'm sure there'll be people wheeling out the old "Should have been there since launch, blah, blah, blah...." routine but in the state it's in now I don't think it's unfair to call it one of the greatest games of this generation.

Gonna hold off on jumping back in until the next-gen machines launch as I want to start it again in the best way possible.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
NMS has probably seem some of the best post release support of all time.

I really admire Hello Games for how they didn't fold under the soul destroying criticism, and continued to grind away at realizing their creator's vision.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
great stuff. I do wonder how the performance is; things seemingly are getting more and more complex. Besides that, it wouldnt surprise me that 3.* will be the last update for current-gen and that 4.0 will be a new branch for next-gen

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
Been a while for me - I last played post Beyond in VR and have just checked out what I've missed - the big quality of life update Synthesis, then Exo-Mechs, Living Ships, derelict freighters, crossplay... and now this! I am gonna have to start a fresh save, and this is a good chance to check out the X1X version which by all accounts looks and runs better, or did in coverage of its launch (is this still true?)

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017

I really admire Hello Games for how they didn't fold under the soul destroying criticism, and continued to grind away at realizing their creator's vision.
Yeah it's the comeback story of all time in gaming. I'm so happy for Hello Games at this point, they've turned NMS around into an absolutely phenomenal game. And I'm also happy I didn't listen too much on the negative people, this is my most played game all generation at this point, and now it's time to jump in again!

Feb 5, 2018

I'd go out to say that it HAS the best post release of all time. This game has gone through like 3 huge revamps all improving the game in droves.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
This looks amazing. Also, as a good reminder, No Man's Sky is currently on sale on the Playstation Store and is currently part of Game Pass.

Dobukik

Jul 5, 2020
Every update is massive as hell. I really need to install this and put on a chill playlist and just explore for a couple hours.

sugarmonkey

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have this on my PC and PS4, but forgot if I had purchased it on my Xbox. I hadn't, but there it was, available on Gamepass <3

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

agreed. Also really games these days can get better post launch vs back in the day which is great.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
They really added a lot of stuff, that's amazing. Still wish for really varied planets (I mean, where are my gas planets, or planets of varied sizes ?). Oh, and a mode without all the "ancient civilizations" things too. I don't get how you can "discover" planets with life, abandoned bases and active trading posts.

Feb 5, 2018
They really added a lot of stuff, that's amazing. Still wish for really varied planets (I mean, where are my gas planets, or planets of varied sizes ?). Oh, and a mode without all the "ancient civilizations" things too. I don't get how you can "discover" planets with life, abandoned bases and active trading posts.

They did mention that this is being compared to their first update (the Foundation Update) in terms of this is only setting the precedent of what is to come.

And if you think about it, The Foundation Update focused on setting the foundation to making the game more fun to play. This is true for EVERY subsequent update until Desolation.

Now Origins is setting a new precedent of making the game more fun to explore, especially since Sean called this update the "Foundations Update" of what comes in the future. I have a feeling the subsequent updates will be generation and variation focused from now on.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Funny how they went from "how not to launch a game" to "take notes, other devs" over the course of their updating. Amazing work.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I wish there was a mode between normal and creative, where u just didnt have to grind so much but playing still felt rewarding. Fuel for example could be infite, and building materials half the requirement things like that.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I'm really impressed with how much they've put into this game throughout these past few years since release! I still haven't gotten around to trying it out, but I think I saw it on GamePass for PC. I was interested in giving it a go after how much fun I had with the planetary exploration of The Outer Wilds and want more of it, so would NMS satisfy that?

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, the updates page. I just kept scrolling, and there just kept being more new stuff.

Sandworms = that one weird person who would always show up in NMS threads will finally be satisfied.

AfterTheFall

Oct 27, 2017
I've got the game, but I didn't really take the time to properly play it. Props to the developers though for the continued support!

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks genuinely good. Will have to give this update another shot

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
They did mention that this is being compared to their first update (the Foundation Update) in terms of this is only setting the precedent of what is to come.

And if you think about it, The Foundation Update focused on setting the foundation to making the game more fun to play. This is true for EVERY subsequent update until Desolation.

Now Origins is setting a new precedent of making the game more fun to explore, especially since Sean called this update the "Foundations Update" of what comes in the future. I have a feeling the subsequent updates will be generation and variation focused from now on.
Which is a good thing IMO, as all these updates turned the barren exploration into a toybox

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Hope this has a PS5 patch eventually. Would love to star a new save file on next gen.

There's really no excuse for games that are also on PC to not have a next gen console patch. They've already got beefier assets and settings out there. I have no doubt that a PS5 XSX patch for NMS will be available for free.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing this when it hit game pass and it's been a great time. The amount of work that continues to be pushed into this game is very much appreciated

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Think I might start a new creative mode game. Enjoyed it previously but getting enough resources for base building was a chore.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
Sandworms. Neat. I can't wait to play it again with PSVR on my PS5. I just wish they didn't ruin buildings with all that energy junk. My once awesome base is a lifeless shell now.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Sandworms. Neat. I can't wait to play it again with PSVR on my PS5. I just wish they didn't ruin buildings with all that energy junk. My once awesome base is a lifeless shell now.

Didn't they add a way to toggle that off? I seem to recall there was some option on the base computer that essentially removed the requirement for powering everything.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Great update notes as always, but they've dropped the ball in one area important to some of us for no apparent reason at all: the lack of PS4 Pro support in VR mode.

I haven't yet fired up my copy I got on a good sale because of waiting for it. Too bad since I wanted NMS to be my main game to play during our wait for next gen. I don't even have my hopes up for this to be resolved on the PS5 either (again, I'm talking solely about an enhanced VR mode).

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
played it for first time when it came to Game Pass. was obsessed with it for like 4 days. But the grind was rough.
Im still interested in trying it on PSVR if they hurry up and come out with a new one

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Excited to play after work. My main aesthetic base got sort of borked since it was on a cliff-face, but in the interest of an overall better game I'm not at all bothered.

Can't wait to see some space beetles and hopefully I can tame and ride them (either now or at some point).

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks awesome. My dream is that one day touching down on a new planet in this game will be as exciting as touching down on a new planet in The Outer Wilds, and a lot of the things in these patch notes look to do exactly that.

Just got done reading the patch notes. Seriously, we're not worth of this work.
At a certain point they need to start monetizing this stuff. It's crazy how much free content this game's received.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
FINALLY an update that will make exploration that much more enjoyable. More variety and diversity in the environments is exactly what this game needed.