ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
The last time I remember a New Super Mario Bros game being at launch was on the Wii U....

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
After the PS4 and Xbox One skidded by, I'd be skeptical.

HOWEVER the Vita was a HUGE underground hit in China and the Switch could totally fill that market now that consoles are legal.

OP
OP
SinCityAssassin
Oct 25, 2017
After the PS4 and Xbox One skidded by, I'd be skeptical.

HOWEVER the Vita was a HUGE underground hit in China and the Switch could totally fill that market now that consoles are legal.
The Switch's place in the grey market is already large.

Im scared by how big the number is gonna look for switch come March

Don't expect too much for something releasing this late, Nintendo isn't either.

Apr 21, 2018
I am very curious how this pans out and how many units they'll be able to move. Whether it's a niche device like the iQue player, or a massive success.

Also, Overwatch Switch should really get releases as soon as possible.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
are first party releases spread out because of localization?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Does China allow for sales numbers to be released worldwide? For some reason I feel like I heard that they don't but I have no idea if that is just my brain being dumb.

TongPoo

Jul 14, 2018
This news is much more exciting than I expected. I am glad they have official partnered retail stores since most PS4 and Xbox in China are sold online or through unofficial stores. With official stores, they can promote the concept of "consoles" to people who are largely unaware of dedicated game consoles. Indies and AAA support will also be interesting to watch. Hopefully Tencent will support it whole-heartedly rather than abandoning it after 6 months.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I will be interested in seeing how this does in comparison to the (iQue) DS in terms of software releases. 3DS was such an oddity that it only had two titles released and both were on the system (yes I do know it was able to play games released for TW/HK markets).

OP
OP
SinCityAssassin
Oct 25, 2017
I reported for a title change, but it's been clarified that New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe is not actually bundled with a system, but a demo comes installed.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
it's been clarified that New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe is not actually bundled with a system, but a demo comes installed.

edKyzEhVaQo9cSvputGrmcJp1dk=.gif

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
Cool can't wait till Chinese government gets to make decisions about the next Zelda.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
From what I understand it's not expected to be huge out of the gate, but what are some realistic sales expectations for the Switch in China?

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Have they said what retailers will carry it ? I didn't see in the tweets.