Nintendo next gen branding: Should the new platform stick with red, go back to purple, or new color?

• Red - Its too synonymous with Nintendo at this point

Votes: 485 75.0%
  • Purple - Try the GameCube and GameBoy Advance era coloring again (SNES-ish too)

Votes: 95 14.7%
  • New Color - Time for something different and refreshing

Votes: 67 10.4%

• Total voters

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
The Switch has carried the usage of red for marketing as well as the general Nintendo logo leaning on that too. I will say I am very nostalgic about the usage of purple for Nintendo since I loved the GC/GBA days. Its probably a good idea to change it up to further differentiate the new console/Switch 2 from the current Switch, but Im rooting for the return of the purple marketing/logo branding. It even matches Era lol

png-nintendo-purple-logo-11661572051vz7eepge6r.png

What about you guys, what are you hoping to see?

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
they should go with blue and call it the switch u!!! guaranteed success imo

Oct 27, 2017
why would they possibly try purple again? it's more of the exception considering it was only the colors for the GC and...SNES?

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
there's no way they're going to purple again. it's synonymous with failure for them. (the SNES lost market share because it looked less cool and that gave Sega an opening and the Gamecube was a big failure. they even tried to market the black GC at launch because NoA knew purple was a mistake already). they would go back to white first.

either are not even an option since red is their most distinctive color and none of their competitors have used it.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
red is perfect, goes against xbox green and playstation blue too.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Red is objectively the best color so they should keep it imo

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
They SHOULD go with red, because it's iconic for them, but… it would be cool to see something new! It always is.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
there's no way they're going to purple again. it's synonymous with failure for them. (the SNES lost market share because it looked less cool and that gave Sega an opening and the Gamecube was a big failure. they even tried to market the black GC at launch because NoA knew purple was a mistake already). they would go back to white first.

either are not even an option since red is their most distinctive color and none of their competitors have used it.
Counterpoint:

The GBA sold extremely well especially given that Nintendo released the DS less than 4 years later.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's going to be red + something else. The Switch was kinda red + grey, I think it could be red + black.

Think PS4 going from blue to PS5 blue + white.

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
Counterpoint:

The GBA sold extremely well especially given that Nintendo released the DS less than 4 years later.

let me counter:
it had absolutely no competition at all. phones weren't a thing yet and at that point no one else had a sucessful handheld out.
and they even pivoted away from that color when the SP came out just 2 years later.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
The text hasn't been red since the Wii, I thought. It's been mostly white on red (though not always) backgrounds.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Keep it red, please.
Or make it blue and green and call the console the Nintendo PlayBox. Go nuts.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They'll probably stick with Red.

A mix of Red, Green and Blue would be awesome.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Red has to be the colour for me. They will need a clear differentiated name and logo though. Even if it's just a number on the end. If they call it SwitchU or some shit I will be tempted to gouge my own eyes out

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Red.

Keeps the three major console manufacturers RGB (Nintendo is red, Microsoft is green, Sony is blue).

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I like the grey/purple of SNES but red definitely makes more sense for them to stick with

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Purple and yellow would be amazing

But that's not gonna happen