What announcement would be the most exciting to you in a September Direct?

• NSO Expansion

Votes: 257 19.0%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 338 25.0%
  • GTA Collection

Votes: 74 5.5%
  • Kirby

Votes: 62 4.6%
  • Final Smash Character

Votes: 95 7.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles

Votes: 441 32.6%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 85 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020

cbf.jpg

Welcome to the 26th Nintendo General Discussion thread! This is the first time I've hosted the OT (or indeed posted a thread), and I am so happy to be here. This community really is very special - having a place to talk with friends about our shared love of Nintendo, plus do an ungodly amount of shitposting, has really enhanced my enjoyment of videogames this past year and made the pandemic much more bearable.

Stop+Asian+Hate_593ea0b3-ded1-4f6e-b7c5-39bc465274ac-prv.jpg

Anti-Asian racism has been a problem which historically has not received the attention it deserves. Since the outbreak of COVID-19, anti-Asian rhetoric has risen and there have been horrific incidences of anti-Asian violence such as the Atlanta spa shootings in March of this year. However, anti-Asian violence is not a new phenomenon, and it is important that we do not ignore it. The following is from MondoMega in the Super Smash Bros thread and applies here too:
ResetEra should strive to make this forum a safe and welcoming space, yet at multiple points in the past year members part of different communities have been driven away from the site due to feeling they were being unheard or simply unwanted, which includes AsianEra members. I ask that anyone and everyone reading this takes stand against Asian hate and racism; standing idly by and saying nothing isn't acceptable at this point, and it never was. Asian hate doesn't belong in this thread, on this forum, or anywhere else.

Wait, what about other causes?

This is the first Nintendo OT since OT17 to not mention Trans Rights in the title, and the first since OT22 not to mention Palestine. This does not mean these causes have somehow become less important to us as a community; equally, the lack of a subtitle for Black Lives Matter or the current humanitarian crises in Afghanistan and Lebanon do not mean we do not care about those issues. Throughout the previous OTs, we have had several discussions about how best to address the various causes that matter to us, and the solution we came up with (thanks to Redcrayon among others) was to highlight one specific cause per thread, which will rotate every time we have a new OT. This is a work in progress, and we would love feedback.

If there is a cause that is important to you, we want to hear from you. It can be in the thread, or it can be in a DM (either to the OP or to a member of the community you feel more comfortable speaking to). Do you want to run a future OT? Would you rather than just contribute specific information or donation links to a cause? Do you want to be credited, or would you prefer to stay anonymous? All of these are options. Our aim in this community is for everybody to feel welcome and heard. Contributions are not limited to future threads, either—if there is something you feel should be added to the "Stop Asian Hate" section, please let me know!

What's this thread about?

You've made it this far and you don't know? We try to observe the following guidelines:
  • Have fun. This thread is essentially a Nintendo hangout zone, so while we obviously encourage Nintendo discussion, don't feel awkward if you want to talk about something else. Want to talk about a game on another platform? Want to discuss your favorite pancake toppings? Want to show me a picture of your cat? All are fine!
  • Be nice. Don't be a jerk to other members. Don't try to start fights. If you're pushing a subject which people seem to largely want to move on for, you're at risk of derailing the thread. (I know I just said that you shouldn't be afraid to be off-topic, but like, read the room.)
  • Be respectful. Take notice of members' pronouns, and don't misgender them or assume their pronouns if they are not stated. (Consider adding your own pronouns too!) Respect that other people have different opinions to you. What else? Oh yeah, don't harass insiders.
  • Don't harass insiders. We are fortunate enough to have members who are privy to non-public information and are willing to share (or tease) on occasion. Be grateful, and be understanding that information changes and wires get crossed. In other words, when an insider turns out to be wrong, don't take it personally and don't take it out on them. This doesn't have to be directly addressed to be unacceptable, either; while "hologram you were wrong you fucking idiot!" is obviously shitty, so is "looks like another 'win' for 'insiders'" and "lol I can't believe you people are still listening to insiders". Take it somewhere else.
  • Minimize use of Hidden Text. While there are valid uses for it, using it even jokingly to hide "leaks" tends to clog the thread with low effort, "just posting to see the hidden content"-style posts.
  • Spoiler Tag real spoilers with [ SPOILER ][ /SPOILER ] (no spaces). Using [ ISPOILER ] is fine for jokes and such, but due to weird formatting quirks can sometimes display normally.
  • Join us. Be one with us in the s h i t p o s t ~.+.~ a b y s s

What's the latest news?
  • There was an Indie World Showcase on August 11th. There were shadowdrops for Axiom Verge 2, Garden Story, and Islanders, among others. There was also a bunch of announcements and updates, including the release date of September 16th for Eastward.​
  • While not at the Showcase, Spelunky and Spelunky 2 have been announced as releasing on August 26th.​
  • There was a lengthy Pokémon Presents on August 18th. More of Pokémon Unite was shown, as well as updates to Pokémon GO, Pokémon Masters EX, and Pokémon Café Mix (rebranded as Pokémon Café ReMix). Of course, the bulk of the show was spent on Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl and Pokémon Legends: Arceus, both of which received brand new trailers and more in-depth explanations. These games release on November 19th and January 28th, respectively.​
  • A recent article from Imran Khan (and corroborated by others) provides information on an upcoming game in the Xenoblade Chronicles series. According to the article, "The ending of the trilogy takes place in the far-flung future with a few returning characters who have long-outlived their human counterparts from both Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2." Jenna Coleman, who voices Melia, has indicated that she is returning for the new game.​
  • Last week, the official Kirby website was updated to include some placeholder text, including the standard Lorem Ipsum, and also amusingly excerpts from Franz Kafka's "The Metamorphosis" (the sites have since been removed, but archived versions can be viewed here and here). While this could be meaningless, there have been rumors about a new (possibly 3D) Kirby game circulating for months now. So, I'm not saying there's going to be a Kafka-esque Kirby game, but I'm not not saying that.​

What else is there to look forward to?

Want to join the Discord?

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
OP's Corner

This is for me to archive my favorite moments of the thread. Show me your best memes!
5kh0dasa0kc71.jpg
46ars3e.gif

Congratulations to Derachi and credit to Dardan Sandiego
Had a weird dream that the last announcement of the Direct was for a "Reggie-wrangling" game (new genre) where you chase down and try to capture an out-of-control Reggie who, inconveniently, is covered in Vaseline. And during the unveil, the developers at Nintendo are back at the Kyoto Aquarium from the Splatoon reveal at E3 2014, and Reggie is swimming in the fish tank, alongside the jellyfish and sharks, and the devs are like "Well how are we supposed to reach him in there?" Then it cuts to Nogami standing in swimtrunks at the top of the tank trying to poke at Reggie with a long stick, but Reggie can hold his breath indefinitely and refuses to emerge from underwater. Amano suggests dropping a toaster in the tank, to give Reggie a jolt -- this would merely irritate Reggie, mind you, since he is the ultimate lifeform -- but Sakaguchi says, no, that would kill the fish. Amano looks disappointed. But then they realize with a start that Reggie is no longer in the tank -- there are now giant wet footprints trailing off to a vent that had been wrested from the wall. They hear a thumping in the airducts overhead. "My God, he's loose," Nogami says. And that's when I woke up.

HqCHozC.png

Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT| - Kevin360
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT2| Reset The Thread - Minaret
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT3| Nintendo Direct Speculation Trilogy HD - Raccoon
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT4| The Sequel to OT3 is Now in Development. - Phendrift
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT5| But why? OT4 Was Still Selling... - Meelow
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT6| OT7 Has Been Rated in Korea - Skittzo
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT7| March Madness - chase beck
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT8| Begun, The Nintendo Has - Hero of Legend
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT9| Black Lives Matter far more than video games - Hero of Legend
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT10| Bakugan with the Wind - Hero of Legend
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT11| Honey, I shrunk the Directs - Plum
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT12| A delayed Direct is eventually good, but a rushed Direct is forever bad - reconceptualize
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT13| is your lucky number..... and am out - BozPaggs
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT13-2| lighting strikes twice - BozPaggs
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT15| Available for a limited time only - Raccoon
Nintendo General Discussion |OT16| New Nintendo Direct Speculation - Phendrift
Nintendo General Discussion |OT17| Trans Rights are Human Rights - Phendrift
Nintendo General Discussion |OT18| Is anyone else's thread collecting dust? (Trans Rights are still Human Rights) - Brofield
Nintendo General Discussion |OT19| + Browser's Fury (+ Trans Rights are Human Rights) - MondoMega
Nintendo General Discussion |OT20| Uncharted Territory (trans rights are human rights) - Raccoon
Nintendo General Discussion |OT21| Mario Carted (trans rights will always be human rights) - Meelow
Nintendo General Discussion |OT22| Famicom (Direct)ive Club: The Missing Link (Trans Rights Will Always Be Human Rights | Free Palestine) - reconceptualize
Super Nintendo General Discussion | OT Twent-E3 | The Friends We Made Along the Way (Trans Rights Will Always be Human Rights | Free Palestine) - wookiee
Super Nintendo General Discussion | OT Twent-E3+1 | The One Where Metroid ACTUALLY Happen (Trans Rights Will Always be Human Rights | Free Palestine) - Kevin360
Nintendo General Discussion |OT25| I'm OLED You Finish, But... (Trans Rights Are Human Rights + Free Palestine) - b3llydrum

Thanks b3llydrum for the last thread!

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Very nice thread

Gonna slide in on the first page for "thread where it finally happens"

august27-august27wemove.gif

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
EBoQ8Zb.png

New thread smell, perfect time for the s h i t p o s t ~.+.~ a b y s s to make itself known

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I heard we talk about video games here. Is that correct?

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone play TWEWY 2 on Switch? I LOVED it on PS5 and was wondering if anyone enjoyed it/dealt with any issues on Switch - there was so much going on on-screen at once.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I used to have a Penn Station by my house but they closed down. Probably because they were being mismanaged like hell.

It sucks because their sandwiches are the best.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, I didn't get to give congratulations to MVG for his work on the Quake port! Fantastic job and you should be proud of yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.