Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://nintendoeverything.com/super-luckys-tale-apparently-coming-to-switch/

Playful Corp appears to be bringing its platformer Super Lucky's Tale to Switch.

Concept artist Taylor Smith made mention of Nintendo's console in resumes. In a couple of CVs, it's stated that Smith worked on "environment assets for the upcoming Nintendo Switch port." Gearbox Software outsource manager Jesse Sosa, who was at Playful Corp until the end of 2017, also says he shipped Super Lucky's Tale on Switch as part of his LinkedIn profile – though it has obviously yet to be released (or officially announced).

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Nice. The only Xbox exclusive that I'd ever have any interest in.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played this for free on Game Pass and to be perfectly honestly, it's probably better than Yooka-Laylee but otherwise, it's an above average game at best. Looks nice though. Just better plat-formers out there.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
is there anything special about this game once you remove VR?

There's nothing special about the game, period. It's a heavily average platformer, only standing out because it was a rare 3D platformer on a platform that never saw them.

Coming off something like Mario Odyssey, Switch owners will very quickly understand just how good they've had it with 3D Mario. The quality is nowhere near.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
It was published by Microsoft, but they don't own the IP.
It's a sequel to an Oculus game.

Now, if Microsoft publishes the game on Switch than that would be interesting.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
interesting, i didn't think microsoft would allow a game of theirs to come to switch (other than minecraft but that's minecraft)
from what i've seen this one doesn't look like anything special, but it's still cool for those who want more 3d platformers on switch

edit: or maybe microsoft just acted as the publisher?
"2019 PLAYFUL, Corp. Super Lucky's Tale is a registered trademarks of Playful, Corp. in the U.S. and other countries.
All other trademarks and logos belong to their respective owners. All rights reserved."

Deleted member 16849

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the game, it looks amazing, the character is cute, the music is fine but it's just plain boring otherwise. It's not a bad game and is quite polished but it doesn't really do anything that sets it apart either. Adding a ground slam, tighter controls, better camera, better music and harder gameplay would of done wonders for it.

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly with Ms. Splosion Man on Switch, any MS-published exclusive not owned by them is a possibility. Including Cuphead and Ori.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Just finished it on Xbox the other day. It's not very good =/

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Isnt this a microsoft game...
Uhhh isnt this a big deal coming after Minecraft?

Microsoft only published the game, they don't own the IP. Same with Titanfall, Mass Effect, even Rise of the Tomb Raider. How is this a big deal?

Honestly with Ms. Splosion Man on Switch, any MS-published exclusive not owned by them is a possibility. Including Cuphead and Ori.

Microsoft owns the Ori IP.

Oct 26, 2017
No, just the fact that we're mere minutes into the new year (here in the US) and we already have games supposedly coming. This on top of all the other rumors and incoming Direct.

Yeah rumors of ports are ramping up:

The Witcher 3
Assassin's Creed 3 + Liberation HD
Super Lucky's Tale

Any I missed? I heard something about a Direct on the 10th which is to be expected anyway.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, just the fact that we're mere minutes into the new year (here in the US) and we already have games supposedly coming. This on top of all the other rumors and incoming Direct.
oh i see. the year is going to be big for switch 3rd party support, all the announcements and rumors and hints are pointing towards that.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

The Witcher 3
Super Lucky's Tale

Any I missed? I heard something about a Direct on the 10th which is to be expected anyway.
Just general "third party developers ramping up products" other than what you mentioned. Which is to be expected after the Switch proved itself two years in a row.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I'm not that interested in Super Lucky Tale itself, but the possibility of other Microsoft-published titles not actually owned by them being ported to other consoles

like Cuphead. or the Banjo Duology they should be working on to cash-in on the Crash and Spyro train

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Weird that what was once kinda the mascot for VR is now appearing on basically everything but with his next game

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018

The Witcher 3
Super Lucky's Tale

Wasn't The Witcher III rumor disproven? Or at least it has so little veracity the thread was locked?

And The Wither III, if it gets ported to Switch (we shall see) would almost definitely have to be for a Switch Pro.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Nintendo goes full circle:

220px-Conkerspockettalesboxart.jpg

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Nintendo isn't lacking in the 3D-platform department like Microsoft was, will be strange if and when it shows up on the e-shop.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was quite a poor game, but I suppose more games coming over is never a bad thing, and paves way to see what other potential games could be ported in the future.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is really interesting. I thought that this game was owned by MS but it seems that it's not.

Oct 29, 2017
Well now, isn't that interesting... A Microsoft owned game (timed exclusive?) making its way to Switch...

Does this bode well for Cuphead's chances? I'd absolutely LOVE to have that on Switch!