Place Your Bets: Will Metroid Prime 4 finally show up in this Direct?

• Yes, it's time.

Votes: 397 35.1%
  • No, but MP4 is still a Switch 1-only game.

Votes: 38 3.4%
  • No, the game is cross-gen at this point.

Votes: 397 35.1%
  • No, it's probably Switch 2-only now.

Votes: 299 26.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
Post your (1) dream game announcement during the direct.

Idc how out of this world it is but it's gotta be..only 1

Skies of Arcadia... Anything.

Remaster, remake (lol), part of a Dreamcast collection, shown as a part of the NSO GCN lineup, an outfit in super monkey ball.

Literally anything from Skies of Arcadia at this point is a dream announcement.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I do enjoy how Nintendo over the years has had to tell people what specifically isn't gonna show up so people don't overhype.

Post your (1) dream game announcement during the direct.

Idc how out of this world it is but it's gotta be..only 1

Lost Kingdoms 1+2 Collection HD

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder will give an update on the old IPs that they announced during last year's TGA.

Mar 30, 2019
Outer Wild Arms

Arms, Legs, and The Head: Kaiju Kongfrontation

The Super Mario Bros. Movie : The Game™ Advance For Yoshi's Isla Pizza de Piña Patrol

Gunstar Villains

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Alright, I'm sure someone will bring this up at some point:

Kinda Funny is doing their Direct predictions and Tim predicted a Kid Icarus Uprising remaster.

Jeff Grubb typed in the chat, "Good guess."

Oct 27, 2017
Did someone say succ?

Anyway I'm just here for the vibes. I'm sure this announcement and the discussion that follows be somewhere between underwhelming and legendary.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Alright, I'm sure someone will bring this up at some point:

Kinda Funny is doing their Direct predictions and Tim predicted a Kid Icarus Uprising remaster.

Jeff Grubb typed in the chat, "Good guess."
Just like the unveiling of the game on 3DS.
Nintendo Direct closing
Announcer: "and here is one last thing" snap
black screen

"Sorry to keep you waiting!"
kid_icarus_uprising.jpg

Kid Icarus Uprising Remastered Announced for Nintendo Switch

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
What would require more clown make-up at this point?
Hoping for Silksong or a new 2D Zelda?

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
If Kid Icarus actually gets a remaster, I hope the multiplayer returns too. That was a ton of fun

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Doubt. It's probably the same style as Engage. I want Hidari (shadows of valentia) the most but I'm not holding my breath.

Portrait_fernand_fe15.png
Engage's style wouldn't really fit Genealogy all that well. I would mention the pushback that Engage's designs got, but FE4's remake was likely knee-deep in development (if not already finished) by the time Engage launched.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yep. Gotta remember Engage is Iron19 so Iron18 is a wildcard in terms of artist.
Exactly, though my first point would still remain. That said, Engage's reception may have an impact on the next new FE game. But for the remake, I doubt much will change one way or the other relative to Engage. But like I said, the original FE4 isn't exactly the type of game that'd be up Mika Pikazo's alley.

I wonder if they're going to keep the oldschool anime style.
It'll probably be closer to SoV's art style if anything.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I don't know how they could adapt Kid Icarus Uprising to Switch without losing a lot of precision in the controls. Yes, I know there is a gyroscope, but still.

I imagine a mediocre result, like The World Ends With You.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Exactly, though my first point would still remain. That said, Engage's reception may have an impact on the next new FE game. But for the remake, I doubt much will change one way or the other relative to Engage. But like I said, the original FE4 isn't exactly the type of game that'd be up Mika Pikazo's alley.
Yeah I 100% agree with you. I really hope it's Hidari.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Niji Hayashi, who's done Sigurd/Eldigan/Ishtar art in FEH, retweeted the Direct.

Here's what their art looks like, on the off-chance they could be the FE4R artist:

1000.png
1000.png
I was actually just about to mention the retweet. And yeah, I'd be down for them doing the art for a remake of Genealogy.

I don't know how they could adapt Kid Icarus Uprising to Switch without losing a lot of precision in the controls. Yes, I know there is a gyroscope, but still.

I imagine a mediocre result, like The World Ends With You.
If Nintendo actually embraces gyro + flick stick like Epic Games/Arkane Lyon/Infinity Ward have, they can get it pretty damn close.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I was actually just about to mention the retweet. And yeah, I'd be down for them doing the art for a remake of Genealogy.

If Nintendo actually embraces gyro + flick stick like Epic Games/Arkane Lyon/Infinity Ward have, they can get it pretty damn close.
That's still a hard sell, not a lot of people are going to want to do that, it would be called "gimmicky" and stuff like that.

I think that Uprising is one of the worst games to try to remaster, it needs or a full remake or just a new game.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
That's still a hard sell, not a lot of people are going to want to do that, it would be called "gimmicky" and stuff like that.

I think that Uprising is one of the worst games to try to remaster, it needs or a full remake or just a new game.
Nintendo folks are more open to more unique control schemes than most, just look at Splatoon's success (which popularized gyro aiming in the first place as well as inspire flick stick's creation).

Status
Not open for further replies.