GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
For real, after what they did with Doom 64 I really want to see them doing these ports soon:

Quake 64 is its very own game and not a straight 1:1 port of the original Quake, so they can make people buy multiple games at once.

It would be great to have all of these game on one single console.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I'd even love them to take a look at Quake II 64 seeing as, like Doom 64, it was very much it's own thing. And, like Doom 64, Quake II 64 had some really awesome colour and lighting.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Sounds awesome but Quake 64 is just Quake, right? But...not as much Quake?

The Nintendo 64 version includes 25 single-player levels from the PC version, though it is missing The Grisly Grotto (E1M4), The Installation (E2M1), The Ebon Fortress (E2M4), The Wind Tunnels (E3M5), The Sewage System (E4M1), and Hell's Atrium (E4M5) levels. It also does not use the hub "START" map where the player chooses a difficulty level and an episode; the difficulty level is chosen from a menu when starting the game, and all of the levels are played in sequential order from The Slipgate Complex (E1M1) to Shub Niggurath's Pit (END). The Nintendo 64 version, while lacking the cooperative multiplayer mode, includes two player deathmatch. All six of the deathmatch maps from the PC version are in the Nintendo 64 port, and an exclusive deathmatch level, The Court of Death, is also included.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
N64 owners lucked out not having to play E4M1. Shame it's missing all those other cool maps though.

I'd happily support a PC port if Night Dive ever showed interest either way. They've done a fantastic job with every FPS they've touched up and the novelty of a Quake 64 port is more than enough to get me on board even if it's not quite as unique as something like Doom 64 is.

Oct 27, 2017
Are you thinking of Quake 2 on N64? That one is a completely different game.

Quake 1 on N64 is pretty much a port. It's a solid one, but still just a port.

Now that said, I'd be all down for ports of Quake 1. It's an amazing game. I only first played it a few years ago, and it holds up very well. Looks great too. It's graphics are abstract enough that they look really good these days.

Jun 2, 2019
Quake 64 is streamlined Quake. If anything, Quake II for N64 is a more unique game, with its own map design and Aubrey Hodges music. I would pay big bucks for having that ported to current systems