Muse98

May 28, 2020
Doesn't Kim always launch Missiles to the East and they usually land in the Sea of Japan? Is this thing actually aimed at a city this time?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Top banner on their website

www3.nhk.or.jp

NHK WORLD-JAPAN

We are the international service of NHK, the sole public media organization of Japan.

Screenshot_20221003_173914.jpg

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Must be wild to be in that area, knowing its almost certainly not a direct firing, but the one time it is you wouldn't want to find out directly

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
It's gotta be another one of their tests that land in the sea/fly over the country which has happened before. I cannot fathom that they would attack Japan. Hopefully I'm not wrong

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Common occurrence, standard procedure or not the norm and reliable source?

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Japan has ever warned of missile launches before right?

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Hasn't this happened in the past but it turned out to be a missile test where NK recklessly had the missile fly over Japan? I swear I've heard of that happening before.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I don't have a link right now, but the messaging is very similar to when NK did a test in 2017, so hopefully just a test again.

Muse98

May 28, 2020
You'd imagine that Japan could easily shoot down a NK missile if they had any info that it was actually aimed at a city right?

shounenka

Nov 22, 2017
Yokohama
The missile just passed over Japan and is heading to the Pacific. Not the kind of thing you want blaring on the TV while sipping your morning coffee.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Does it even make any sense for NK to just randomly attack Japan out of nowhere

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna assume it looks close but won't actually hit Japanese shores. They'd have to be insane to actually fire directly at Japan, that's basically asking for the US to retaliate.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Looking like the missile flew over Aomori Prefecture in the north of Japan, and crashed into the Pacific Ocean.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
Where's that North Korean apologist that argues that the regime is always rational?

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
Does it even make any sense for NK to just randomly attack Japan out of nowhere

They like to test missles with the theater of "Look where we can fire it", but a lot others remember how accurate those missles have been in the past or how likely the test goes wrong and if it flies over your country you would probably want to put out that warning too.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna assume it looks close but won't actually hit Japanese shores. They'd have to be insane to actually fire directly at Japan, that's basically asking for the US to retaliate.
even if they're not aiming for it, hitting exactly where you want with a missile is actually pretty difficult and depending on the quality of the guidance system the range of error might be pretty large

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Not to pretend that I'm an expert on the geopolitics of the region, but considering how much bluster and intimidation features into North Korea's foreign policy, I have to imagine that they shoot missiles over Japan specifically to keep themselves intimidating. As long as they overshoot the country they don't have to instigate anything, but Japan sees a missile coming their way and feel like they have no option but to take North Korea seriously for a moment.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
What the fuck. I wonder if this will trigger some kind of reaction? Does NK usually shoot their shit OVER Japan??

Jun 20, 2021
You know, I'll say this for the Ukraine invasion - it's proven that anywhere else in Asia with NATO allies could wipe out North Korea with very little resistance so you'd think North Korea would think twice before pulling stunts like this.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, yeah they usually seek attention like this when they want/need supplies. Even they aren't stupid enough to launch a direct attack on Japan.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
They do this frequently, it is quite sad but the Japanese government usually leans in to it, especially during the Abe era. Obvious "Hey never mind Russia, look at meeeee!" nonsense, but the government and media here usually like a bit of scaremongering too. Surprising restraint so far though, no trigger of the warning system on phones or anything, or at least where I am. Emergency warning via press release!

EDIT - I will say that what I think is eventually going to happen is eventually they will fuck up and one of these missiles, empty as they are, will fall into an old peoples home in Kanagawa or something, someday, crushing a few people . And then there will be problems. They must have their least malnourished rocket scientists working on it so far as to why it has yet to happen.