Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco

A new revision of the PS5 Digital Edition has been listed on Japanese websites (CFI-1100B) and PlayStation uploaded the pdf version of the new manuals.
If you compare it with the OG model (CFI-1000B), the console is 300g lighter and they added a thumb screw for the base.

E6vdY3NUYAEG7Jg

E6vdkMyVEA81qkr

Last edited:

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I pray that this reduces the coil whine somehow.

Good that it's a thumb screw now, should have been like that since the start.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Daaamn. I would love to have a 2nd PS5. This revision if it comes to fruition will be a day one buy for me.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
How heavy is the heatsink? If it's more than 300g, Sony probably replaced it with a thermal pad /s

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
This seems super quick for a somewhat significant console revision. I can't remember one ever happing this quickly before

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Mine has awful coil whine so I really hope that this fixed it.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
is the screw used for the horizontal side as well?

I abso-fukin-lutely hate the way we need to incorporate the stand for horizontal, the latches are so fukin weak/wobbly. It's a legit pain sometimes to go back in there and stick an hdd or reach the ports at the back. Whoever designed it that way should never design something ever again.

Oct 28, 2017
Thumb screw! Man I am jealous of that, I didn't even use the screw on the base for a week because it wasn't an obvious thumb screw.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I won the lottery having gotten a silent PS5 DE and Series X. Didn't realize people had noise issues with theirs, I've never heard either of the new consoles.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1/3 of a KG, decent amount, I would guess they probably whacked a bit off the heat speaker after testing that it made no difference for it to be smaller.

I'm definitely going to eventually sell my PS5 digital and get another one that's hopefully quieter. I have the noisiest PS5 of the people I know with one.