Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
The developers of the Gamecube games you're praising all work at Game Freak now.

Idk who from GS is at GF now but Game Freak is still its own developer working on its first HD console RPGs. They still have their own workflow, budgets, people etc.

And I wasn't praising the games. I've stated multiple times the aspect of the games I wished to see GF challenge themselves. Don't be disingenuous.

I wouldn't call the gamecube games bland. Grimdark, sure. Inconsistent as well. But you can tell a lot of effort went into crafting a believable world unlike any of the mainline games. That's what earns my respect.

Last edited:

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Idk who from GS is at GF now but Game Freak is still its own developer working on its first HD console RPGs. They still have their own workflow, budgets, people etc.

And I wasn't praising the games. I've stated multiple times the aspect of the games I wished to see GF challenge themselves. Don't be disingenuous.

There's nothing in Genius Sonority's Pokemon games that Game Freak hasn't improved already

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing in Genius Sonority's Pokemon games that Game Freak hasn't improved already

The key point here:

i don't believe game freak are showing much ambition to move beyond their comfort zone

Game Freak are still responsible for the mainline titles. I don't know how many times I've stated that GS' efforts may not have been as polished as GF's but the environment design in their games displayed more ambition for crafting a unique Pokemon world than Game Freak's.

It's all here in the thread.

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'll maybe give you PWC grand finals and Vs. Champion Iris.

but i just can't get enough of that groove

To be fair, I'm really fond of Genius Sonority's score in Battle Revolution, but i hate hate hate their gamecube games, they're just so tryhard and yet so bland, with some specs of geniality here and there, but they are gen 3 games alright. The worst of the bunch.

From Gen V onwards the ost gets way better for me, i particularly love Gen V and XY soundtracks with passion, and despise Gen 3 music save for a few pieces

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Better character design, better level design, better music. Especially better music.

"Better character design"

Busier, weirder, not better. Sometimes spiky and relatively edgy. Not better by a long shot

"Better level design"

No routes whatsoever, that alone is a huge minus.

"Better music"

Better than gba gen 3 music yes, better than anything composed by Game Freak from Gen 4 onwards, well... Just no

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
This game unapologetically celebrating the "friendly rival" aspect is the saddest thing to ever happen to this series

other than mega evolution

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
God damnit why couldn't their just be random battles instead of the crappy pokemon go catching? It would be my dream Pokemon game then.
I dont understand either. I can't possibly see how someone prefers the GO version of catching pokemon. This literally would be the perfect Pokemon game for me as well. Instead, its a hard pass because of it. Will have to wait til 2019/2020 I guess...

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is in the third poke ball in oaks

Please don't tell me it's just a mysterious other ball

Pokemon Let's Go Grimer confirmed

Off chance but it'll be really cool if that 3rd Poké Ball in Oak's office was the new Pokémon Game Freak said would be in the game and not some Mythical Pokémon that I won't end up caring about.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did we get any details yet on how co-op works? Does player two just get random mons that equate to player 1's levels? Do they share Pokémon with Player 1?

Skronk

Nov 22, 2017
Did we get any details yet on how co-op works? Does player two just get random mons that equate to player 1's levels? Do they share Pokémon with Player 1?

My guess would be you share the party of 6. Player 2 wont have their own pokemon technically.

It looks like player 2 teleports out of cutscenes too because story wise they're not really there.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

wolftendo

Oct 30, 2017
Can't they just fucking add classic mode. All I want is this game without all the Go nonsense and with random battles.

I would agree with you on the wild battles, but random encounters feels so outdated. Pokemon roaming on the overworld makes it alive, even if the AI of the pokemon is lacking (strange or monotone movements, for example). But that's something that could be fixed in subsequent games.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the games will have the typical amie-like component but what would really seal the deal for me is a Pokemon Channel mode where you get to watch TV shows, decorate your room, do a little non-combat exploration etc.

channel1.jpg

eef.gif

Goddamnit+pikachu+from+pokemon+channel_f18e2c_5202433.gif

91f.gif

tumblr_o36w97ryiu1uz11vfo1_500.gif

Pokemon-Channel-GCN-ISO-s2-Ziperto.jpg

For the casual angle this game is going for this almost seems like a nobrainer.

In fact this seems like the perfect game to integrate more elements of both Pokemon Channel and Pokemon Snap.

Last edited:

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not exactly sure how local co op plays. That's what me and my son are excited about. How can the second player catch Pokemon? Are they both running into the same Pokemon, and whoever catches it gets it? Does the second player control his/her char?

Haven't been following it too much but my son seemed to be hyped about Pokemon for the first time in awhile.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For someone who doesn't play Pokemon Go, can you catch all 151 Pokemon there? So, the missing version Pokemon will be easy to trade over? Are there shinies in Pokemon Go? I saw a squirtle with glasses and Ash's Hat Pikachu I think event Pokemon, will those be transferable ? And I guess the most important question, if those special event Pokemon are transferrable, is there a way to get them now if I started playing?

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
For someone who doesn't play Pokemon Go, can you catch all 151 Pokemon there? So, the missing version Pokemon will be easy to trade over? Are there shinies in Pokemon Go? I saw a squirtle with glasses and Ash's Hat Pikachu I think event Pokemon, will those be transferable ? And I guess the most important question, if those special event Pokemon are transferrable, is there a way to get them now if I started playing?
You can't transfer Mew from Pokémon Go, you have to buy the $50 Pokéball Plus accessory

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
It looks like the games will have the typical amie-like component but what would really seal the deal for me is a Pokemon Channel mode where you get to watch TV shows, decorate your room, do a little non-combat exploration etc.

channel1.jpg

eef.gif

Goddamnit+pikachu+from+pokemon+channel_f18e2c_5202433.gif

Pokemon-Channel-GCN-ISO-s2-Ziperto.jpg

For the casual angle this game is going for this almost seems like a nobrainer.

In fact this seems like the perfect game to integrate more elements of both Pokemon Channel and Pokemon Snap.

This is adorable and awesome. Wow

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yes you can get all 151 in GO. Some are regionals and I'm not sure if some special event Pokemon like the sunglasses squirtle will return. However there is now trading in GO so in theory you could get them through trading. You would invest some time into the game however. The only Pokemon excluded from trading is Mew. The way it looks the only way to get Mew in Let's Go is through the Pokeball comtroller.
Also there are shinies in GO. Not all are included yet but it's rather easy to get ones at special events.