DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
46wNiTO.jpg

www.empireonline.com

Adam Warlock Is ‘Definitely Not A Good Guy’ In Guardians Vol 3, Says James Gunn – Exclusive Image

Will Poulter makes his MCU debut as the genetically-engineered super-guy in James Gunn's third Guardians Of The Galaxy. Read more at Empire.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. That's Will Poulter alright. I think the lighting kind of doesn't help point out the fact his skin is supposed to look like he's made of gold.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Is Adam Warlock the gold dude from the video game?

Also I can't stand when pics are posted like that lol

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Not sure what I expected but it looks like he got the Marvel workout in.

I never understood this character's popularity - anyone want to explain it?
(I mean the Marvel character)

I can't wait for people who don't read comics to see this guy, Adam Warlock is legit

How so? I mean I read some comics and he never stood out to me as being particularly memorable.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I can't wait for people who don't read comics to see this guy, Adam Warlock is legit

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda expected older based on the original comic designs.

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
I wish Marvel's costuming would inject more variety into all their body armor. It all kind of looks the same.

Excited to see him in the role. Such an unexpected casting choice.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Such a good actor and he really upped his game with Dopesick. I will be interested to see how he does here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So he's opposite of 1000 year old dragon?
Yes, in comics a bunch of mad scientists get together and try to build the ultimate human. When he comes out the test tube he says "Y'all crazy". Then flies away to space adventures. They try again with a sister and little brother

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

How so? I mean I read some comics and he never stood out to me as being particularly memorable.
He is one of my favorite characters, if nothing else read Starlin's Warlock run from the 70's, 80's though you need a reading guide since due to cancelled books/fill ins/other roadblocks a lot of it was told in whatever book Starlin was writing at the time. But most of that stuff, but especially Adam, Thanos, and Gamora fighting the Magus and Church of Universal Truth is excellent, and a lot of the MCU as it is wouldn't exist without Jim's work.

As for Adam himself the most important thing to know is he is the opposite of Thanos and it makes them working together even crazier and memorable since they are natural enemies and exist literally to be each other's opposite and enemy since Adam is Life's chosen Avatar and champion the same as Thanos is Death's Avatar and Champion. Which as an aside is why I always get pissed about people minimizing it to "Thanos has a crush on death" which while he does (or more appropriately did) have romantic feelings for Death he is her chosen champion and avatar, and him wiping out half the galaxy was not "he wanted to impress death because he had a crush" but what she had actually gave him a mission to do in the first place and instead he fucked off and gathered the stones and made the gauntlet and when she got pissed he did the snap to accomplish that goal but it was already too late and then he claimed he did to be equal to her and worthy of the love between them which just pissed her off more making a bigger rift between them and killing any feelings she had for him.

Also don't know how they are going to explain the gem on his forehead due to the stones being destroyed but if you look closely in the picture he does have a gem on his forehead.

Last edited:

joedick

Mar 19, 2018

Aside from what's been mentioned in the thread, part of his popularity is due to the fact that he was a big part of the Infinity Gauntlet crossover/storyline that hit around when comic buying was at its peak in the 90s, so he's in that nostalgia sweet spot for a lot of people.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Aside from what's been mentioned in the thread, part of his popularity is due to the fact that he was a big part of the Infinity Gauntlet crossover/storyline that hit around when comic buying was at its peak in the 90s, so he's in that nostalgia sweet spot for a lot of people.

Ah ok that's fair. The Ben Reilly type :)
I missed the boat back then on Guardians.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Mar 15, 2019
GOT DAMN, dude looks buff. Low key, wish I could quit my job and work on my body like that. Seems like he got swole QUICK!