flQbBtS.png

A lot more images here (57 Total Old/New) :

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I know Rumenapp is gonna be putting these pics to shame in a few weeks

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Haven't played a Motorsport entry since I think 2 as that and Gran Turismo 4 were my last racing sims. Looking forward to jumping back into these with this one. The sunset and night time shots look great.

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
These look good but cant think of a recent game where the YT videos are so starkly different from the images. I know this is photo mode and all but I do wonder if HDR is needed to make these visuals pop

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
These look good but cant think of a recent game where the YT videos are so starkly different from the images. I know this is photo mode and all but I do wonder if HDR is needed to make these visuals pop

Youtube compression, even at 4K is pretty bad. It kills fine detail. One thing that does look odd is there is a bit of a washed out look to the game in parts, but I actually wonder if it is part of the atmosphere simulation going on and that it is haze. A lot of people point to Gran Turismo's lighting which looks gorgeous and much more pleasing to the eye but I think it is a little less "real"

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Is Dubai returning in this? I thought that track looked great in the last game.

PJTierney

Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC
Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
Not only is this using screenshot tools (basically a supercharged photo mode with a bunch of timesaver tools built-in), but typically shots like this (for Forza anyway) are taken at 8k with all the LOD settings maxed out, and then downsampled to 4K for extra sharpness.

Produces amazing pics as we can all see, but they're slightly beyond the technical capabilities of retail players.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that the fancy cars do nothing for me? I wanna ride a nineties ass Nissan.

Macky

Banned
Sep 18, 2023
Looks great. Unfortunately buying an XSX is far down the road. Hope to play it next year. Best racing console "sim", however I had much fun playing GT7 last year.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
i didn't expect to see an oldsmobile in this game

sweet gonna ride around in my parents old car that i remember from the 80s

edit: though it seems like that same model was in like all the games lmao i really need to stop avoiding american muscle events XD

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
The important questions:

I need to know if photomode settings depend on the video mode you choose for gameplay or if they are their own thing.
Like, is Raytracing always on for photomode, or is it off if i'm playing in performance mode?
Is that sort of RTGI we see during replays on, or do I have to enter photomode while watching a replay of the race etc.