• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 1, 2017
This was not a single allegation, and there was a 4 month long investigation from Amazon that ended up with him being fired. I don't like the implication that these women are accusing him for attention or money either.

The conspiracy I've seen floated elsewhere (*cough cough* reddit) is that the two trans women who accused him did so because they were upset his role wasn't played by a trans actress. There's literally no evidence for this but people are desperate enough to believe Tambor is innocent and the two accusers are apparently roommates which is enough for some people to start shouting about it being a conspiracy.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
If they already filmed it, nothing they can do but eat them think pieces and questions

Adam Sadler

Nov 9, 2017
I'm going to be honest, I don't think Netflix really gives a damn about issues like this...

Have they even issued a statement about Rachel Dozeal documentary? They've even have a white girl playing a Latin descendant in that On My Block show along with other shit I've seen I'm becoming skeptical about Netflix

Edit: I actually forgot about a house of cards show so I'll let Netflix live another day

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Unsurprising. Still excited for S5, especially since S4's recut is pretty good so far

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
The conspiracy I've seen floated elsewhere (*cough cough* reddit) is that the two trans women who accused him did so because they were upset his role wasn't played by a trans actress. There's literally no evidence for this but people are desperate enough to believe Tambor is innocent and the two accusers are apparently roommates which is enough for some people to start shouting about it being a conspiracy.

Ironically, season 4 sets up George pretty well to be replaced with a trans actress (though Oscar couldn't be).

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I figured he would since filming wrapped back when these first came out, but I still don't know what to do with it.

Very conflicted right now, I want to be able to watch the likely final season of one of my favorite shows, but I may not be able to separate the actor from the character, and he's making money off of this.

Grrr

Omeganex9999

Oct 25, 2017
London
Happy he's back. AD would suck without him or any other of the characters.

I'm going to be honest, I don't think Netflix really gives a damn about issues like this...

Have they even issued a statement about Rachel Dozeal documentary? They've even have a white girl playing a Latin descendant in that On My Block show along with other shit I've seen I'm becoming skeptical about Netflix

Edit: I actually forgot about a house of cards show so I'll let Netflix live another day

Oh, how about Louie CK? Forgot about him as well, huh. Let Netflix live two more days.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Surprising perhaps because of his departure from Amazon's Transparent after misconduct allegations.

Don't know how to feel about this. I definitely enjoy Tambor's character in AD. I wish I knew more about the investigation Amazon did... hard for me to pass judgment on him without knowing the full details.

Its kind of like how someone tells you your friend is being an asshole and you're like "Him? He wouldn't do that" and you're kind of in denial until you're presented hard evidence.

I don't how to feel about this either but I want to include the caveat that these are my personal feelings and my personal feelings alone and my feelings about THIS Tambor case and this case only. I definitely feel/think this is a different kind of issue than situation like Cosby/Polanski (as many popular sites today in the tweet world have compared it to today which honestly is irresponsible journalism, disingenuous too) in light of the absence of a history of sexual misconduct on Tambor's part (to the best of my research/googling), no release of the investigation conducted by Amazon, and people/previous crews attesting to Tambor's appropriate behavior while working and not and no criminal/civil case moving forward especially since this whole event is well within limitation statutes.

None of these points amounts to a complete reasoning to dismiss the accusers as it is still my hope they are being protected (Amazon's dismissal of Tambor would speak to this), and ever lead and every piece of information was followed up on, and that should more accusers in his profesional/past come forward more investigations are quickly and exactingly moved forward.

I also want to be fully upfront and say that for a few years I was Hurwitz's neighbor and interacted with Tambor multiple times and while he could be kind of standoffish and a tad brusk I never got the vibe of creepiness coming off him even while watching him interacting with women/men others. Through out my career, I have gotten the described vibe from people who went on to later be accused and taken to litigation who definitely DID, in person, come off as creepy, predatory. This is all purely anecdotal but it definitely informs my inherent bias here just to be, literally, fully transparent.

This whole new environment of accountability is heartening, long due, but, that said, incredibly ethically vexing. New problems and ambiguousness have arisen and nuance seems to have been shuttled lower on our collective priority lists. Further, I think believing everybody ALWAYS as a rule(male/female/trans people) is as much a quagmire as NOT believing everybody or presumptuously casting doubt on victims. Maybe Netflix is releasing this because it is already filmed and they stand to lose millions to refilm the new season sans Tambor or maybe they examined the situation and felt there was not enough evidence/a criminal case to cut business ties with the fellow. I don't know but if the details change or more damning evidence is presenting I will definitely reverse my stance and push for a removal of him from future projects. I think that is my right, I think that is fairness.

Good point. They have done their due diligence previously. If things were about business only it also seems to me they would have continued on with Spacey (he was one of their premier players on the service) but the many accusations and his long history of dubious behaviors (this is based on long-standing murky rumours about his behavior here in Los Angeles, all eerily describing the same kind of situation).

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
Well they looked the other way multiple times when Spacey was accused before the heat was unbearable.

Disappointing. Hopefully they're backed into a corner and forced to remove him.

Netflix handled Spacey's situation quite well.
I don't think any company should jump in and make a decision without doing a basic amount of due diligence first.

This situation is tough, as it's already filmed. I don't think there is a an obvious answer to this situation.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they kill him off in season 6. Lucile can fill his shoes and then a complete wardrobe of other shoes.

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
Its is important to remember that just because they fired him doesn't make the allegations fully TRUE. There is always some truth to it. I mean given that his case happened during the height of #metoo movement and given the fact that he did initially quit and given the suppose tension on the set, firing him was probably the right move. Amazon would be foolish not to fire him.

Not all PR is good PR.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netflix handled Spacey's situation quite well.
I don't think any company should jump in and make a decision without doing a basic amount of due diligence first.

This situation is tough, as it's already filmed. I don't think there is a an obvious answer to this situation.

No they didn't. There was multiple accusations and reports of him on set of House of Cards and they did nothing.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there's no AD without George Senior. I'm glad he's back. Still need to learn more about the allegations

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder this is a sexual harassment case... so innocent until proven guilty can't even really apply as sexual harassment is not a technically a crime. So you're not going to get a police investigation and trial.

Meaning the most investigation you'll ever get is what you already got from Amazon because sexual harassment is a workplace offence that by its nature can only be investigated by an employer.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Hopefully Netflix removes him, because Arrested Devolpment crew is supporting him...

Thanks god they won't and thanks god everyone is still innocent until proven guilty.

This whole "Actor X got accused of something, I want him to get fired, what an asshole, delete his stuff and cut him out of everything, oh, there was no trial yet, doesn't matter!!!" attitude is making me sick.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks god they won't and thanks god everyone is still innocent until proven guilty.

This whole "Actor X got accused of something, I want him to get fired, what an asshole, delete his stuff and cut him out of everything, oh, there was no trial yet, doesn't matter!!!" attitude is making me sick.

Hello there,

Sexual harassment is a workplace offence, not a criminal one. There can never be a trial because it is not a crime. Amazon investigated for 4 months and the result of their investigation was to conclude he ought to be fired.

I repeat he was investigated, there will never be a trial because what he did is not recognized as a crime. Just a grounds for employment termination, which Amazon determined they had.

GeeDuhb

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
uhhhhhhhhh this is the biggest news here?

Does this mean S5 is coming in the next few weeks O_O

I think it is coming really soon. There was a tease in some article about it "coming so soon you wouldn't believe it" or something along those lines.

Edit: here is the quote:

"A new fifth season of Arrested Development will be coming back to Netflix soon. Like real soon. Like, if you knew when, you would not be wrong to be thinking 'why are we all just hearing this now?' Well, I don't mean to be defensive, but I don't know why everyone's suddenly mad at me," Hurwitz writes in his unique, roundabout and always entertaining style.

Source

There's a very real chance it's dropping at some point tonight or overnight - S4 ends on a May 4th.

It is possible, but I doubt it. I think the next few weeks are more likely. I believe the S4 re-edit was just released today?

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018

So you like to support those who harraess other people and even co-workers, even been fired when other companies find valve in the allegations, because you like the show..

You seem like a good guy.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
So you like to support those who harraess other people and even co-workers, even been fired when other companies find valve in the allegations, because you like the show..

You seem like a good guy.

No, if there is something behind it and things are indeed true, sure, this should have consequences. I don't know every detail in this case but this was more meant in general, cause you always read this stuff in the internet about any, absolutely any accusation. If there is an accusation, the accused person is automatically garbage, can fuck himself and should loose his whole career in a heartbeat. That's just annoying.

GeeDuhb

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hello there,

Sexual harassment is a workplace offence, not a criminal one. There can never be a trial because it is not a crime. Amazon investigated for 4 months and the result of their investigation was to conclude he ought to be fired.

I repeat he was investigated, there will never be a trial because what he did is not recognized as a crime. Just a grounds for employment termination, which Amazon determined they had.

I am not trying to defend him, but just because they fired him doesn't mean he did it. It is basically like in court where someone can be innocent if there is "reasonable doubt". If they had reason to believe they had enough evidence to make a defense for firing him if he sued them and felt it was better to fire him than face outrage/possible boycotts of Amazon/Prime, I can easily see them doing it regardless. Their image/reputation was definitely the reason he was fired, first and foremost.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
No, if there is something behind it and things are indeed true, sure, this should have consequences. I don't know every detail in this case but this was more meant in general, cause you always read this stuff in the internet about any, absolutely any accusation. If there is an accusation, the accused person is automatically garbage, can fuck himself and should loose his whole career in a heartbeat. That's just annoying.
It's true, there was a internal investigation by Amazon and he should face the consequence of being a terrible person, especially in the work place.

They won't fire their head actor of a critically acclaimed show for nothing.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad Netflix isn't cutting up Season 5 to get rid of him. If they do a Season 6, there are probably ways to write out his character without making it awkward in post-production.

Poor House of Cards. They had to rewrite that puppy to remove the main character in the final season. I suspect everyone just showed up for their pay cheque.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I am not trying to defend him, but just because they fired him doesn't mean he did it. It is basically like in court where someone can be innocent if there is "reasonable doubt". If they had reason to believe they had enough evidence to make a defense for firing him if he sued them and felt it was better to fire him than face outrage/possible boycotts of Amazon/Prime, I can easily see them doing it regardless. Their image/reputation was definitely the reason he was fired, first and foremost.

Courts also falsely imprison sometimes.

My point is it's a sexual harassment case... all we'll ever have is Amazon's investigation. So folks screaming innocent until proven guilty and wait for the trial are useless

GeeDuhb

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It's true, there was a internal investigation by Amazon and he should face the consequence of being a terrible person, especially in the work place.

They won't fire their head actor of a critically acclaimed show for nothing.

As I said in my post above yours, I have to disagree. With all of the backlash that everyone has seen because of the "Me Too" movement, I have no doubt that triggers are being pulled early. Like Edge said, it is very annoying that when accusations are made against someone, they are immediately dead to the world no matter what.

Again, I am not defending anyone and I get that this type of behavior is disgusting and reprehensible, but there is no way that a majority of the firings are mainly about the alleged conduct and not about the repercussions a network/production might face. Their businesses are definitely being looked out for and the worry that there might be money/reputation lost has definitely expedited firings.

Them firing their head actor of a critically acclaimed show not as bad as losing thousands of Prime subs or customers.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
They should just have Christopher Plummer play George Sr. in Season 6 and never acknowledge it.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Judge me if you want, I've come to terms with the idea that I'm fine with him staying. I like the show and I listen to Michael Jackson sometimes, and he has probably done stuff a million times worse. If he ends up being proven as a rapist or something, it would be a different story for me. Not to say his stuff should be swept under the rug but it's a television show. Although, I guess if they could find a decent way to write him off, that would suffice. Needless to say I'm not losing sleep over the guy being on the show.

GeeDuhb

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Courts also falsely imprison sometimes.

My point is it's a sexual harassment case... all we'll ever have is Amazon's investigation. So folks screaming innocent until proven guilty and wait for the trial are useless

I totally agree with that.

I am saying just because Amazon fired him doesn't mean they thought he ought to be fired because he did it. It just meant that he ought to be fired because it was in their best interest to fire him.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I totally agree with that.

I am saying just because Amazon fired him doesn't mean they thought he ought to be fired because he did it. It just meant that he ought to be fired because it was in their best interest to fire him.

When you consider he was the lead and they did a 4 month investigation we can infer somethings. This wasn't a knee jerk reaction to news breaking

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
So this is likely the last season then? The entire premise of the show revolves around him. Unless they make a dumb storyline of him getting plastic surgery to change his face for a new actor to step in

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
As I said in my post above yours, I have to disagree. With all of the backlash that everyone has seen because of the "Me Too" movement, I have no doubt that triggers are being pulled early. Like Edge said, it is very annoying that when accusations are made against someone, they are immediately dead to the world no matter what.

Again, I am not defending anyone and I get that this type of behavior is disgusting and reprehensible, but there is no way that a majority of the firings are mainly about the alleged conduct and not about the repercussions a network/production might face. Their businesses are definitely being looked out for and the worry that there might be money/reputation lost has definitely expedited firings.

Them firing their head actor of a critically acclaimed show not as bad as losing thousands of Prime subs or customers.

An investigation that lasted 4 months happened and found him guilty is the difference, it's no longer allegations.

So instead of believe the victims or an investigation you rather think a company is just inherently greedy in this case to save face.

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Reading this thread right after reading the equivalent thread on reddit was an interesting experience. I almost wasn't sure both threads were talking about the same person.

I think Tambor's case is a lot tougher to pick a side since there hasn't been a history of accusations come out after the first one unlike other celebrities.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hello there,

I don't disagree at all with the above post, but it made me wonder...should Tambor be fired from one job for an offense he committed at another? I honestly don't know. I look at Kevin Spacey and think its fine if he never works again. But what if Tambor sexually harassed someone on the set of Transparent and has been an angel otherwise(I doubt, but still)?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I don't disagree at all with the above post, but it made me wonder...should Tambor be fired from one job for an offense he committed at another? I honestly don't know. I look at Kevin Spacey and think its fine if he never works again. But what if Tambor sexually harassed someone on the set of Transparent and has been an angel otherwise(I doubt, but still)?

I mean it is up to them but then they'll have to face the PR realities. It's an entertainment product after all. Different rules.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe his twin who plays Oscar will step up. He could probably handle both roles.

I like the idea of him dying because someone didn't leave a note

Not that this would ever happen, but... I'm personally in favor of Seth Rogen, who plays young George Sr. in season 4, picking up the mantle and replacing him. It fits within the Arrested Development universe, and Seth was fantastic in The Disaster Artist.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018

Transparent wasn't his only time:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...mbor-misconduct-set-2001s-never-again-1061163

And Tambor admits he's no angel on set:

Tambor, in a statement, acknowledged that he can be "volatile and ill-tempered" to work with, "but I have never been a predator — ever.")

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...ed-transparent-wake-harassment-claims-1085236

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean it is up to them but then they'll have to face the PR realities. It's an entertainment product after all. Different rules.
But how can a company like Netflix even fire someone like Tambor if they're hearing accusations from his other job? I'm sure it puts them in a legal bind as well. Actually I somehow doubt they have long term contracts so further seasons could easily be up in the air, but it still remains a question of how much Netflix as an entity has to believe what Amazon finds.

Please note I understand if others want to react to this emotionally, I don't deny your right to find Tambor terrible. I just find the situation interesting as many of these #metoo cases are different and we've yet to see how each of them gets handled.

I missed that first one. As to his temperment, that sort of goes with the acting territory. I'm sure half of the actors we watch on these shows are bastards(just hopefully not sexually harassing ones).

GeeDuhb

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
User Warned: Inappropriate Commentary + Inflammatory Comparisons
An investigation that lasted 4 months happened and found him guilty is the difference, it's no longer allegations.

So instead of believe the victims or an investigation you rather think a company is just inherently greedy in this case to save face.

But that is my point. Did Amazon say that they found him guilty? I am not saying companies are greedy, but there is no doubt that there have been companies that when having to choose between standing by an accused actor and face a backlash/boycott/permanent damage to the company or cutting an actor free and ending a show, have chosen the latter. Unfortunately, "outrage" culture in today's age has changed the way situations like this are handled. I mean just look at the way companies started dropping the NRA after Florida happened. The NRA didn't do anything wrong in that situation per say, but it was drop them or face boycotts/bad press/etc.

Edit: Yeah, the NRA comparison was stupid, and I apologize. I was trying to think of something to equate it to off the top of my head and that was the first thing that popped in. It was a very poor comparison. For the record, I think the NRA's behavior was disgusting through the entire ordeal and that is not what I was trying to excuse. I was trying to say that the NRA has done inflammatory stuff before but it seemingly blew up this time because of the social media campaigns to the advertisers. The mod pointed out that it was the mocking of the students that really set this off and I completely overlooked that.

Also, I am not trying to say that ANY of the accused are innocent and I think all the behavior is despicable if true. My argument all around was poor and not explained enough. I was trying to play devils advocate and it blew up in my face. I messed up. You live and you learn.

Last edited: