Oct 28, 2017
He just decided this today and his birthday is Saturday. As far as I can find, Kirby Themed decorations are all custom. Party City is coming up donuts. I found a cake topper online but that about it. I find it hard to believe the company with the some of the best known IPs in the world dont have more party stuff.

Might make is a Smash Party instead. I saw Splatoon and Mario and Pikachu party favors.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
IU0qI4T.png

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
since kirby can transform to anything he sucks in. Just sharpie some faces on pink balloons

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Kirby is huge in Japan. Tons of Kirby stuff there. But he's not really well merchandised in the US.

And when we do market Kirby, we make him mean and tough lol.

Bulk_Rate

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
any legit baker should have you covered on a custom Kirby likeness cake at least. My daughter's birthday was the same day as a wedding we had to attend the baker made a Kirby came on short notice. Decorations are more challenging for sure though

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Just have pink and red decorations, cups, plates with a few Kirby Posters hanging around.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Amazon has Kirby edible birthday cake toppers get one of those, a few toys, a plush or 2 and just make kirby out of balloons.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
He just decided this today and his birthday is Saturday. As far as I can find, Kirby Themed decorations are all custom. Party City is coming up donuts. I found a cake topper online but that about it. I find it hard to believe the company with the some of the best known IPs in the world dont have more party stuff.

Kirby likely suffers because it's not a pure Nintendo franchise.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/509/1509140/

There's a ton of random merchandising in Japan, but it's likely all pushed by HAL, that don't really exist outside of Japan itself.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
Also Splatoon is far more popular than I thought. They have all manner of party stuff with only 2 games and a cameo appearance.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Search Amazon.co.jp since they're likely to have a bunch of Kirby items. Turnaround time from Amazon.co.jp is super quick. I usually get stuff within two days, so if you act quick you can get it before the weekend.

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
Get a round cake with pink frosting, and ask for the icing to be arranged to look like Kirby's face. If the icing is too difficult, print out a colored picture of Kirby's face, cut out the eyes, blush, and mouth, and rest it on top of the cake.

Also, your kid likes Kirby = you've got a good kid.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Tell him no, because Kirby sucks.

...I'll show myself out. But yeah, I think Smash theme + a little creative Kirby rep would probably go over well.

free_bubble

Oct 27, 2017

Get pink frosted donuts and doll them up to look like Kirby inhaling.

With what, you ask? Hell if I know. Just make sure it's edible.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Teach him a valuable lesson in dissapointment

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I mean, Kirby is just pink and stars and stuff, can't you just improvise?

Get some cupcakes with pink frosting and some star sprinkles, pull all the yellow ones out and cover the cup cakes with yellow stars

Make your own Kirby pinata by just making a pink sphere and glue printed on details since Kirby has like the simplest face, ever. Fill it with star shaped candy. Or just buy a yellow star pinata and tell them it's a warp star

Serve blue "Dedede punch" and "Waddle Dee's favorite" which is just apple juice. Maybe get a star shaped ice cube tray from the 4th of July section of Party City and float them in the drinks

Print out a big poster and play "pin the apple on Wispy"

Get some inflatable hammers and swords to give out as favors. Maybe some cheap solid colored hats in various colors to similar Kirby's powers.

I don't know how many kids are coming or how much you want to spend, but you could break this set up and give each kid one

Here's your decorations
https://www.partycity.com/yellow-star-balloon-115788.html#swatch
https://www.partycity.com/pink-round-balloon-45001.html
https://www.partycity.com/bright-pink-fringe-streamer-788648.html#swatch

Hot glue Wispy's face onto this: https://www.partycity.com/metallic-palm-tree-centerpiece-25373.html
It's three black ovals and a pointed brown nose

Pink, Dark Blue, Red and Orange plates/cups/whatever to represent Kirby, Metaknight, Dedede and Waddle Dee

Get the cake topper to "ground" it as official stuff and not his parents just buying pink party supplies.

You can do this :D

My parents used to throw me whatever type of party I wanted, whether official merchandise existed, or not. I remember one year they had a big poster of Sonic printed out and bought some cheap gold rings from the dollar store and we played "pin the ring on Sonic" and you had to land it on his finger.

Last edited: