touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Weird issue I've noticed on my PS5 recently - the last couple games I've got, FIST and Tales of Arise, are showing much less hours played on the system than I've actually played. I finished FIST today with over 15 hours on the in-game clock, but my system profile shows only 12. My in-game clock on Tales ticked over 14 hours tonight, but on the system it shows only 9.

I know it doesn't really matter but I was enjoying this cool-ish feature on PS5 and am disappointed to see it tracking multiple games incorrectly right now. Anyone else seeing any discrepancies recently?

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Yeah I usually have more hours played in the in game trackers than on the OS level, which is weird

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
I discovered the feature yesterday and same. I am playing Dragon Age Inquisition and it displays 40 hours of playtime. My save is at 90+ hours.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Has been broken for me since day one. Says for example that I played God of War only ~20 hours (although it took me 35-40 to get the Plat trophy and I haven`t played it since) and Miles Morales around 60 hours (got the Plat in ~20 hours).

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
Yeah, I don't think that's ever been accurate, which is a bummer because that's a feature I was really hyped about. It's sad that no device since the Daily Log on the DS has been able to give us what we want.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Yeah their stats are unfortunately pretty inaccurate - I thought it was to do with only tracking hours played while you ha an active connection but then some of my year end stats last year were very off. Told me I'd put in 1600 hours of gameplay, despite only playing 29 games with a maximum of 32 hours on the first placed one, which means it wouldn't be possible to even reach 1000 hours especially when that's also just the first placed game and the next two were significantly lower.

Last edited:

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Same here, I figured out that sometimes after you're done with playing a game and you close it, looking at the stats won't show it as last played "Just now", but 2 hours ago or whatever. So for some reason, some sessions don't track. Most of them do track but some don't.

Haven't been able to figure out why this happens exactly and if it's a result of looking at trophies while in game, checking your friends list or whatever else might be the cause...

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's also delayed as I can play a game check it after and it hasn't updated yet.

eternalblue

Oct 27, 2017
On PS5 under your profile, Games tab. If you don't have a PS5, you can link your PSN account to exophase.com to see your play hours, although a lot of games don't seem to display there. Exophase does at least include a couple decimal points, so you can see if you've played 5.92 hours of something as opposed to PS5 just showing 5.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I have noticed this too, played Tales for like 50 hours and 40 mins but I have been constantly putting the machine on rest mode so the OS tracker says 20. I did close it yesterday and after sometime time it roughly got it right at 48 hours.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Noticed the same thing. I think maybe using rest mode is somehow messing with the counter.
Never used rest mode and it still happens sometimes, for example I played Maquette all day once and did the platinum but the OS still says I only played an hour a month or two after doing this.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
What I've noticed is the time played is off if you start the game up by clicking the games icon. I press down on that to where it says play and click on that instead and the times track as they should.

Alark

Mar 16, 2018
It's weird how it shows the accurate play time for most of my games but then some are really different like FF7 Remake which I have played for over 100 hours but it says I've only played it for 70 hours.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I just had a gander and yeah it seems wildly off on some games. Must not be a super tight integration at the system level.....talking out my ass. It feels like it's a very ramshackle thing to me like it kinda knows but not really but kinda.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
It's sad that no device since the Daily Log on the DS has been able to give us what we want.
Not sure what the daily log is, what is it you're looking for?
I know at least one of the major consoles does appear to have accurate activity tracking down to the minute mark alongside other stats specific to the game (distance travelled, activities completed, types of kills etc)

Oct 31, 2017
Same thing happened to me. I'm not sure if playing through remote play freezes the timer since I've been playing through remote play lately. There's no way that it only took me 20 hour to get the true ending in Hades.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Same thing happened to me. I'm not sure if playing through remote play freezes the timer since I've been playing through remote play lately. There's no way that it only took me 20 hour to get the true ending in Hades.
No, it' can't be remote play as I've never used that. It's just generally a little wonky. Strangely a lot of my games' hours seem spot on but a few are inexplicably wayyy off.

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
Not sure what the daily log is, what is it you're looking for?
I know at least one of the major consoles does appear to have accurate activity tracking down to the minute mark alongside other stats specific to the game (distance travelled, activities completed, types of kills etc)

Does the Series X do this? If the Xbox One does, I've never seen it. The Switch tracks hours by multiples of 5.... Am I being dense, what am I missing?

xewind

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I've noticed this playing FFX on my PS5. I have 50+ hours in my save vs 40 something hours on my profile.

I made some test and it seems that the game it's still counting time while I'm back on the PS5 menu, but the system doesn't track it as I am not inside the game.

I have left FFX running while in the PS5 menu while doing others stuff so that might be why both times are way off from each other

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
It isn't very accurate for me. A few hours off here and there, but with other games it's missing dozens of hours.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Does the Series X do this? If the Xbox One does, I've never seen it. The Switch tracks hours by multiples of 5.... Am I being dense, what am I missing?
They added it back in the Xbox One days and continued to capture the stats with the Series consoles. It's what powers the various MS reward quests for playing games and travelling X amount of distance etc.

Looks like back in 2014 there was at least one game in my list (Ground Zeros) not populating the time played stat but updating others such as "Longest Range Headshot" so not clear if this is something configurable by the games or the 'time played' stat collection was added later on. All the games I've played in the last couple of years that I've checked appear to be tracking all stats, including time played, accurately.

There's a couple of ways to get to the stats area but one of the quickest is to highlight a game -> menu button -> "go to official club" -> tab over to progress -> press down to access the stats area.
You can also access it from your profile or by viewing achievements.

You can see a leaderboard of where you stand amongst your friends for each individual stat on each game if that's of interest.

Interestingly for me, it appears to have captured my playtime on Resident Evil VII accurately. I used Quick Resume on that a lot which broke the in-game timer (it thinks I've played it for a very, very long time) but the stats page has an accurate reading of 13 hours and 59 minutes.

Not sure if this was the kind of thing you were looking for? As I said, I'm not familiar with the daily log you referenced.

Edit: Forgot to mention, you can also access the stats via the mobile app for some games. Just go into your profile, click a game in the achievement list and the stats will be available via a tab. As noted, not all games show their stats via the app, Outriders shows nothing for me in the app but on the console has a full listing.

Last edited:

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
They added it back in the Xbox One days and continued to capture the stats with the Series consoles. It's what powers the various MS reward quests for playing games and travelling X amount of distance etc.

Looks like back in 2014 there was at least one game in my list (Ground Zeros) not populating the time played stat but updating others such as "Longest Range Headshot" so not clear if this is something configurable by the games or the 'time played' stat collection was added later on. All the games I've played in the last couple of years that I've checked appear to be tracking all stats, including time played, accurately.

There's a couple of ways to get to the stats area but one of the quickest is to highlight a game -> menu button -> "go to official club" -> tab over to progress -> press down to access the stats area.
You can also access it from your profile or by viewing achievements.

You can see a leaderboard of where you stand amongst your friends for each individual stat on each game if that's of interest.

Interestingly for me, it appears to have captured my playtime on Resident Evil VII accurately. I used Quick Resume on that a lot which broke the in-game timer (it thinks I've played it for a very, very long time) but the stats page has an accurate reading of 13 hours and 59 minutes.

Not sure if this was the kind of thing you were looking for? As I said, I'm not familiar with the daily log you referenced.

Edit: Forgot to mention, you can also access the stats via the mobile app for some games. Just go into your profile, click a game in the achievement list and the stats will be available via a tab. As noted, not all games show their stats via the app, Outriders shows nothing for me in the app but on the console has a full listing.

Ah, that's sounds cool. I'd be happy if the PS5 did similar things. I own an XBOX ONE and iI'e been waiting for an excuse to grab a series X, but still haven't gotten one. Honestly, feel like if the XSX changed their controller and the main console menu it would make it easier.

For reference the Daily Log kept track of what you played and for how long for each day/week/month. It would also make top 5/10 lists of what you played the most in a particular month/year/since the beginning etc. It could do it via # of sessions or by # of hours. That's really all I want haha. The Xbox stuff sounds cool, but I'm not a fan of having to check individual games one by one. I just want one place to see everything like the old DS did it.

Hopefully Sony can mimic the Xbox stats. Sounds neat, but a little more granular than I need haha.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
This is something I've noticed lately too. Both my True Colours and Tales of Arise times are woefully under reported.