Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just graduated law school this past may and got my first job offer last week (after I hated my big law summer, no pay is worth that) and decided to watch the best legal move ever in celebration which gets very few legal procedural facts wrong besides the flamboyantcy.

It's honestly one of the best representations of the legal process dispite some issues (the expert should t have been admitted imo) . Joe is funny and spider-man's mom is hot and won an oscar

Favorite line?

It's got some good ones:

and

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
When he comes out of the log cabin shooting aimlessly in the night because the owl won't shut up

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
"Famous for your mud? How's your Chinese food?"

"Holy shit! You got it Honey, you did it! the case cracker, me in the shower!"

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Time for some grits.
LxPE4n.gif

Hecht

Grummz
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
One of the few movies I will stop and watch if I see it on cable

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
When it was added to Disney+ here earlier this year I rewatched it. I never realized I had never seen the very beginning of the movie and had always started when the two of them were already arrested. 😆

Guzim

Oct 25, 2017

LegalEagle did a great video reviewing the movie. Also, Marissa Tomei absolutely deserved the Academy Award.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see a remake of this but with all of the characters replaced with Phoenix Wright characters, just because it would be jarring to see Phoenix Wright characters practice law.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
As an attorney, actually one of the few movies that is largely accurate with regards to courtroom procedure and the law.

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely adore this movie and it never feels like it's outdated or whatever. Pesci and Tomei are brilliant in this and there's such a great supporting cast, including Lane Smith

The Super is another gem of a Pesci comedy movie from the 90s

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Is rewatched it just last week when I saw it got added to Disney+.

Great movie, I will never get tired of watching it. Only thing I'm not a fan of is how he's such a dick towards his girlfriend.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
I still don't know what grits are. And I have no intention of ever trying them.

Amazing film. Pesci is just fantastic.

Deleted member 57019

User-requested account closure
Banned
May 25, 2019
I think the script is a masterpiece. There is not a single wasted character or scene. Everything is referenced or used eventually, even when they get grits for breakfast

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Joe Pesci was a juggernaut in the 90s.

Goodfellas, Home Alone, My Cousin Vinny, etc.

Vinny is my favorite of his movies. It's endlessly rewatchable.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Marisa Tomei telling Joe Pesci "Oh you are a smooth talker - no you are, you are!" is the best withering sarcasm on screen.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
Love when they sit down at the diner and look at the menu. Or when he gets out of the car, closes the door, and completely wiped out in the mud. The entire movie is a riot. One of the greatest comedies of all time.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
This is my dad's favorite movie, he watches it every time it comes on TV. It's a classic. Despite Pesci being the lead, Tomei totally steals the show.