image_mortal_kombat_11-41970-4187_0006.jpg
image_mortal_kombat_11-41970-4187_0007.jpg

image_mortal_kombat_11-41970-4187_0005.jpg
image_mortal_kombat_11-41970-4187_0011.jpg

image_mortal_kombat_11-41970-4187_0008.jpg
image_mortal_kombat_11-41970-4187_0004.jpg

aftermath_bonus.png

yyu57n05zc051.jpg

Thanks to lucebuce for the help making the OT and Dog for being a good boy. Feel free to join us on the Era MK11 Discord server! Let's get hype for some Kombat!

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Ah man, it doesn't release at midnight? Lame, but I get it.

Still debating if I want to get just it or also the kombat pack. Not sure I'd actually play any of those characters.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this new patch addresses the server disconnects i keep getting every 20 minutes.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
God I am fiending for those patch notes, please give my girl Skarlet some decent buffs or at the very least tighten up some of her gaps so my cousin cant abuse the piss out of them anymore lol.
It'd be sweet if theres any big changes to some variation moves to make them better and more viable as well.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I already got the Aftermath download, but I see there's no actual new content yet. So we have to wait till tomorrow for the patch?? :-/

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
It's 5 chapters. Ed Boon stated so in the Geoff Keighley chat. Each chapter is apparently longer than the average section from vanilla MK11, some of which have up to 6 fights.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting on the kombat kast to decide if I'll bite, and as mentioned above I NEED to see some patch notes. So excited!

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT!!

It's really amazing when a game release you care about sneaks up on you, made the wait less painful.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Great OP, so excited to try this out though I wish they kept the friendships video hidden until after launch. I hope too that Skarlet gets a buff.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
I was all set for tomorrow and so excited. But I have to go work in Montana for a week. I am tempted to buy the game again on Switch. But I think I will just wait until I get back home. :/

The DLC looks absolutely amazing though. I'm so bummed Ash Williams didn't make it in. Robocop looks amazing though.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was all set for tomorrow and so excited. But I have to go work in Montana for a week. I am tempted to buy the game again on Switch. But I think I will just wait until I get back home. :/

The DLC looks absolutely amazing though. I'm so bummed Ash Williams didn't make it in. Robocop looks amazing though.
He's coming though.....
This is just the first 3 in the new onslaught of DLC

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm so excited. I've always been here for MK's batshit story so Thursday is gonna give this gay everything he wanted.

I want to main Fujin but I'm an EXTREMELY casual player who doesn't even play online so "maining" just means "who I'll play the most when I decide to boot it up." 😂

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna be hype, I'm looking forward to all the new characters and skins. Apart from being pumped for Robocop, I'm hoping that any balance changes they make include buffing the few weaker characters like Shao Khan. I also hope the characters I use, like Kano, and Kotal, remain unchanged.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
In that leak that has slowly all become true. Robocop was more far fetch than Ash! I truly believe it.
The website ad leak and the email copyright information leak made it seem a sure thing. But when they announced Robocop I was thinking it was Ed Boon trolling. Like they did that stuff on purpose to throw us off.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
He's coming though.....
This is just the first 3 in the new onslaught of DLC
For whatever it's worth, all indications are that Ash's inclusion is not confirmed at this point - that they had planned to have him in the game, but that those plans fell through and aren't settled yet. From originally being planned for the Kombat Pack 1 (known via in-game notifications, datamining, leaks and marketing press release verbiage), to getting shelved last minute, presumably due to rights issues. All chatter from leakers, from Johnny Cage's voice actor and from vague statements from the devs points to "not confirmed to be coming anymore, they wish they could get him in." Apparently Ash is a particularly hard character to get from a licensing standpoint and most have largely given up hope that he's coming.

There's also very little evidence that more characters are coming after this beyond Ash. We're all hoping, but aside from a datamine pointing to a higher character count possibility, it's mostly just hoping...

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
For whatever it's worth, all indications are that Ash's inclusion is not confirmed at this point - that they had planned to have him in the game, but that those plans fell through and aren't settled yet. From originally being planned for the Kombat Pack 1 (known via in-game notifications, datamining, leaks and marketing press release verbiage), to getting shelved last minute, presumably due to rights issues. All chatter from leakers, from Johnny Cage's voice actor and from vague statements from the devs points to "not confirmed to be coming anymore, they wish they could get him in." Apparently Ash is a particularly hard character to get from a licensing standpoint and most have largely given up hope that he's coming.

There's also very little evidence that more characters are coming after this beyond Ash. We're all hoping, but aside from a datamine pointing to a higher character count possibility, it's mostly just hoping...

If Ash fell through, they are DEF working on other surprises. MK11 is about to get a breath of fresh air. They can easily have DLC for another 12 months .

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017

I don't mean to hijack this topic talking about Ash. But if the license is so hard to get, how come he is in Dead by Daylight, or in 50 zillion props and toys. I have seen 4 new things with the Evil Dead 2 license in the past 2 weeks.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean to hijack this topic talking about Ash. But if the license is so hard to get, how come he is in Dead by Daylight, or in 50 zillion props and toys. I have seen 4 new things with the Evil Dead 2 license in the past 2 weeks.

Different companies, different products, different monetary considerations. There's all sorts of stuff that can complicate licensing. It could be as simple as WB not giving as much of a cut as the IP holder thinks they deserve. MK is pretty huge, so if they felt like WB was giving them a bad deal, they could just walk.

If Ash fell through, they are DEF working on other surprises. MK11 is about to get a breath of fresh air. They can easily have DLC for another 12 months .

They could, and I'm a broken record on this, but they have yet to support a game with significant content after one year. We always hold out hope for more, but it never happens.

I hope with next gen coming out and Injustice 3 likely being worked on, they take their sweet time with Inj3 for next-gen for scrapping the legacy character movesets they re-used from Inj1 in Inj2 and give us a fresh take on those. Another year of MK11 DLC would be a good holdover while they do that. However, it seems like WB wants a new game out every 2 years.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
It apparently has to do with it being split - my memory is that there are different licenses between Evil Dead Ash and Army of Darkness Ash, and the rumour is that that caused some difficulties, while others point to Bruce himself pulling out. Of course, an Ash license as one of 30+ characters in a videogame, as DLC, could mean lots of different monetary setups to a prop or toy that owes itself fully to that character. None of us no for sure, but that's long been the chatter, it's a difficult license and that it fell through.

Hey we all hope so, but at this point, there's no indication that that's true. While the devs said they planned to support MK11 longer than any other NRS game, that could mean many things, from:
- technically they already have, as these characters are out later in the game's life cycle than Injustice 3's last DLC characters were.
- longer tournament support, Kombat League support, tower support, additions of brutalities and variation possibilities or balance patches.
- hopefully it means another character pack, though...but yeah, again, there's very little to make it so that we can assume that's so. Hoping you're right though.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
Different companies, different products, different monetary considerations. There's all sorts of stuff that can complicate licensing. It could be as simple as WB not giving as much of a cut as the IP holder thinks they deserve. MK is pretty huge, so if they felt like WB was giving them a bad deal, they could just walk.
Fair point.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I think Aftermath will mark the end of MK11's additional characters. Boon and company always talk a big game about extending support beyond the first year but they never actually do it.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
People seem so sure more content will come, but I don't know, it really feels like this is a cap off to me much like XL was for X. I know they've talked about more, but they are undoubtedly working on a follow up of some kind to Injustice, are allegedly working on a new IP of some kind, and I'm sure some base work is being done on MK12. I don't know how big NetherRealm is, but all of that plus more DLC for this game seems like a lot.