Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Paul W S Anderson

While standing in for Milla Jovovich during the 2015 shoot in Cape Town and riding a motorcycle at high speed, Jackson collided with a crane-mounted camera vehicle traveling in the opposite direction. She would spend 17 days in a coma, with her left arm having to be amputated above the elbow. She was also left with a twisted spine, paralysis of the top left quarter of her body including her neck, a dislocated shoulder, a severed thumb, punctured lungs and broken ribs, and still suffers lasting nerve damage and facial scarring.

According to the judge, Jackson, as a stunt performer, had not voluntarily assumed the risk of the accident, and she was unaware that director Paul W.S. Anderson had given the uninsured driver, Melville, instructions to decrease the safety margin from the rehearsal run to the incident run in order to get a more exciting shot.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
It might be easier to get the monster's tail if you can shoot it off with a .50 cal I suppose.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Wow this looks like it sucks. Completely missed the point of monster hunter.

oh its the resident evil director. that makes sense.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only in theaters means this is gonna tank even worse than it was going to if things were normal.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Oh dear. Army guys in a Humvee meets monsters in the desert. And no link to anything remotely. Looks shocking. Why are they still fucking up game to film crossovers like this? The audience actually wants a game that relates to the title, not a weird nonsense film blatantly using the name and nothing else.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
her ultimate upgrade will be 5 minutes of her using an actual monster hunter weapon

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
3jso7i.jpg

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I'm okay with the guns because this is apparently an isekai, I'm expecting them to drop the military gear for iconic MH armor and weapons by the end of the movie after the guns prove ineffective, (we've already seen screenshots of MH universe gear) and Mila will save the MH universe village as the foreign savior (who is also the prophesized one or some shit). Or they'll get transported back to "our world" and have a big battle in a city maybe.
It's really easy to se which hacky way this movie could progress. I just want to see my favorite monsters rendered in medium-high detail.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I haven't played much of any Monster Hunter game outside of a 3DS demo stall for 5 minutes.

I'm pretty sure the games look NOTHING like this.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
I think they've only shown what is literally the intro of the film. There are numerous scenes of Jovovich in classical MH armor and weapons, so my guess is they get pulled into this then lose all of their military weapons.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I can't complain, looked like Diablos doing his thing. Shoving random military people in the movie is stupid but it sounds like that's just a plot device to get to the actual Monster Hunter world without the Hollywood execs losing their shit.

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017

Did you read the full article? While Paul WS Anderson was the director of the film, and that was indeed his instructions, he didn't handle the action scene Olivia Jackson was injured in. The scene was handled by an outside company brought on by the production. They handled personal, logistics, execution and would have relayed whatever changes Anderson made. Her suit against Anderson and his producing partner was dismissed in November 2019 since they weren't the right people to sue. She is now suing the right people and doing so successfully as pointed out in the article you posted.