criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I don't want to see rifles, I want to see a massive switch axe and hammer sliding, while someone SOS's for an anime long sword user

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
How did they make this look generic? Replace the monster with a giant robot and you have transformers

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
Very appropriate that this is releasing only in theaters since after seeing it you'll probably want to die anyway

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, that military stuff is bugging me way more than I thought it would. Hopefully the Isekai aspect is at least a fun interpretation of the MonHun world.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
kJUmBaE.jpg

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Weird they're pushing it forward (it was delayed to Spring 2021), especially after Tenet did extremely poorly. I imagine they're contractually obligated to a theatre release and don't have much faith in it, especially against Bond.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like trash, but the resident evil movies were trash too and they done pretty well right? It might have a chance

Deleted member 44122

this gonna be just as trashy as the resident evil movies :/

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
the only good thing so far is that they didn't change the Monsters' design.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I fondly remember taking down Diablos with my trusty machine gun mounted to my armored jeep.

I anticipate some cheesy moment where typical Monster Hunter classes/weaponry are introduced when this shit is ineffective

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I fondly remember taking down Diablos with my trusty machine gun mounted to my armored jeep.

I anticipate some cheesy moment where typical Monster Hunter classes/weaponry are introduced when this shit is ineffective
It's an isekai where US soldiers are sucked into the MH world and have to learn its ways. So that cheesy moment you're anticipating is the entire movie.

DarkLegion

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Lol I still can't believe the guns. At least the monsters look like they'll be done faithfully

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
God this looks awful. Even the CGI is bad. You'd think they would put all their budget in the monsters seeing as what it's called, but nope.

Did anyone really ask for this?

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
If I remember the plot right they're military people that get attacked and sent to the monster hunter world where they have to learn to fight with the game weapons with help from a hunter. Something like that. So this guns and jeep stuff is likely from the very start.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I know barely anything about Monster Hunter, but this doesn't particularly look like it to me.
Might still be fun though. Or bad.

Why only in theaters? There's a slight pandemic going on.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just glad no one seems to have been crippled or killed shooting this like the Resident Evil films.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
What is fucking wrong with these guys releasing theater only stuff this year??

Even if all the idiots that don't care about the pandemic go watch it, how many of them would care about this type of movie? They are sending it to die and they know it.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
If I remember the plot right they're military people that get attacked and sent to the monster hunter world where they have to learn to fight with the game weapons with help from a hunter. Something like that. So this guns and jeep stuff is likely from the very start.
so jumanji: monster hunter

Feb 24, 2018
Always wondered this and this is as best of place to ask, has Capcom ever said their feelings on these movies (IE the Anderson RE movies and this), do they get any money out of these or is it like a pre-MCU Marvel where they'd get very little from the movies?

As for the teaser, it's what I expected from Anderson.