Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are some moments when you knew the game would be special?

Here's mine:

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
That moment when the title drops in Breath of the Wild and the main theme starts playing.

Really wish they didn't show that during the Treehouse.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
At the very beginning of Final Fantasy VII, when it transitioned from an FMV sequence directly to gameplay by zooming in on the train station after a shot of the whole of Midgar. Minds were blown in 1997.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
The whole first segment of God of War 2018 until we fight the Stranger.
All my doubts about the reboot were gone after that fight !

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
The first flying boss in SoTC
Leaving Midgar
Getting to the Great Plains in hollow night

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
For me it was entering into an New LA in Xenoblade X and having them talk about all the different districts and how the city function. It was the type of Sci-fi info I really love from stories.

newgamewhodis

Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn
When I loaded up Hitman 2016's Paris level and walked in front of the camera man and both him and the TV host called me out for ruining their shot.

Just a great way for the game to signal early on that, yes, it is paying attention to what you're doing and will react accordingly.

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
Starting at the Argentum Trade Guild in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It felt like a very quirky and interesting place to start the game, and the music was great. I felt it really set a great starting tone for the game. I got the game for Xmas last year so it was nice to start off on Xmas day playing this game that would go on to be one of my absolute favorites in 2018 (seeing as I spent the majority of my time playing it in 2018).

I just had this feeling when I was running around the Argentum Trade Guild thinking that this was indeed a very special game.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York

About the time we got our first big hints that there was more going on in Bloodborne than just vampire/werewolf gothic horror. Between this and the Amygdala in the demo build, that feeling of unknown cosmic horror shaping in was so perfectly executed.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Batman: Arkham Asylum when you get to the very first open stealth sequence. I was IN.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Being dropped at Firelink Shrine and the pilgrimage truly beginning cemented this game and the series in my heart forever:

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Not really following Batman Arkham Asylum at all until playing the demo they put out on a whim and going...

Oh. Ohhhh.

Jorgie

Mar 28, 2018
Philadelphia
Has to be new God of War for me. Specifically the beginning when you fight Balder for the first time. The camera work was amazing and the fight was so fun. I went from having almost NO interest in the game to wanting to purchase a PS4 just to play it all.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Papyrus fight in Undertale. It just clicked immediately from that point on.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Entering the first stage of SM64...seeing the mountain from afar, and then realizing you could climb it.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Snatcher, when you discover the body of your partner at the begining......

The Trial in Chrono Trigger, this was the moment i was sure it was going to be a amazing ride.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
all of yakuza 0 tbh.

the first serious fight in horizon.

the first battle with baldur in gow

the mission with lenny at the saloon in rdr2

the first time i heard real sicilian insults from the italian district in gta3

the first shootout in max payne 3

the intro in mgs1 with that music and briefing

the soundtrack in simphony of the night (so when the game start basically)

the first time you realize that the level design in dishonored 1 is god tier

the first combo kill with domino in dishonored 2

the first time you see rapture in bioshock

Kamiyouni

Oct 30, 2017
First time seeing an Aptonoth in MonHun Tri.
Drinking from the water. I knew I was about to lose hours of my life to this game.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There were three moments in Prey (2017) that took me from "well this is aight" all the way to "well this is my GOAT"

1 - when I broke the glass
2 - my first spacewalk
3 - entering the Magnetosphere Generator through the GUTs

Oct 25, 2017
med_1484582582_00026.jpg

Never has a game gone from "yeah this is a solid 7-8/10" to "holy shit, 11/10 best game." Because of one boss

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much as soon as I started Minish Cap and that Zelda theme plays, I knew it was going to be amazing.

ninecubed

Oct 27, 2017
In no particular order: walking in on the first zombie in RE1 / REmake, the plane crash intro in Bioshock, the beginning descent in Bioshock Infinite, coming down off the mountain after chapter 1 in RDR2, walking out of the beginning cave in BOTW.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
MGS1 was a huge one for me. The mostly pre internet hype, 10s from magazines left and right, load it up and it starts out so epic for the time, the briefing, the torpedo, and that first room. Figuring the game out, taking corners, choking and hiding the body, finally sneak into the elevator and exhale in relief. Opening Credits.

So good.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Has to be new God of War for me. Specifically the beginning when you fight Balder for the first time. The camera work was amazing and the fight was so fun. I went from having almost NO interest in the game to wanting to purchase a PS4 just to play it all.

Plus one to this. I still consider this opening sequence to be even better than that other one that everyone always says is best.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Well, I was alredy very much invested and hooked but arriving in Novigrad for the first time in the Witcher 3 sealed the deal. That's a big somewhat recent one. Entering Touissant for the first time was similar feeling.

Telltale's Walking Dead for making me tear up the first time, which was way before the ending even. Not the first and last game to do it, but it's definitely always something special with games especially.