Truno

Jan 16, 2020
Ever since Twitter made Likes privates, many users on the gaming side have been replying to posts with, "Yeah!" to express their support on specific posts. The origin of this trend stems from Miiverse, a social network created by Nintendo for the 3DS and Wii U. "Yeah!" was the Like equivalent for that platform.

However, the trend seems to be gaining much more traction than expected, and it's even reaching non-gaming Twitter:

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
GQCnB3pXgAAUfVF

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
been noticing this all week, lots of fun ones made depicting yeah's! of various games

ultraluna

Jun 3, 2020
i don't have twitter anymore so i did not understand. you can't see who liked your tweet anymore?

ultraluna

Jun 3, 2020
Elon Musk got caught liking horny shit and far too many of his nazi friends got BTFO for liking nazi shit so yes he made likes pvt.

You can see who liked your tweets, but you can't see what other people liked anymore on their profiles.

No.

Now that Twitter is allowing open (and very literal) Nazism, Elon is hiding likes to help his Nazi friends.
goddammit

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
see the thing is that none of the fan made alternative versions can even touch the simple purity of the original Yeah! and Unyeah... buttons

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
The 2012 lil blue bird was like....perfected hence why it didn't get an update for a decade.....but it just had to be replaced with that fuckin-ass ugly x to appease that asswipe's ego.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Miiverse is the Twitter replacement the world deserves.

The 2012 lil blue bird was like....perfected hence why it didn't get an update for a decade.....but it just had to be replaced with that fuckin-ass ugly x to appease that asswipe's ego.
They had one of if not the best logo of the internet age and replaced it with that silly X, it'll never stop being hilariously stupid.

Mar 12, 2024
Don't have Twitter; does anyone have choice posts from when Steph Sterling and company claimed the Raving Rabbids channel as the Willem Dafoe channel?

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Did the Yeah's break twitter? The website won't load tweets for me?

If so, Yeah!

Edit: Nevermind, it's working.

DoctorPlayer MD

"This guy are sick"
Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
This is like, if a legendary singer died and then a really bad one started singing their songs.. just makes me miss the original more.