• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should we move to a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 86 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Wait until a couple weeks before E3

Votes: 226 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Mike's response to the "represent a competitor" tweet is exactly what I think: He's a gamer at heart, and wants to play the best games despite the platform. That's awesome.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
And just take a moment to watch this, the best bethsda game now looks playable on console https://youtu.be/ekCq5K9cm54

I hadn't actually popped my Morrowind disk in yet, but watching that makes me want to start playing it now. Extremely pleased to see how well they smoothed the game out. A shame we can't get mods (obviously), but this looks like a really great way to get the vanilla Morrowind experience on the couch without needing to do any tweaking.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
People always get mad at Phil Mike etc playing Sony games. It's stupid.

Even if they weren't gamers they should be playing Sony and Nintendo games to see what if anything they can learn from it for their own games. Just as I'm sure Sony and Nintendo play Microsoft games aswell.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
People always get mad at Phil Mike etc playing Sony games. It's stupid.

Even if they weren't gamers they should be playing Sony and Nintendo games to see what if anything they can learn from it for their own games. Just as I'm sure Sony and Nintendo play Microsoft games aswell.

I wonder if people thinks that thing is one sided. Like you don't see Sony employees talk about playing Xbox exclusives (we know some of them play them) on Social Media

Calm Killer

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if they'd be big enough to do it all themselves. I could see a collaboration between 343 and them

They have 24 job postings up right now. That seems like a lot for a small studio.

Edit: looks like they have been working on World of Tanks and just released an update for it in March. Probably not big enough for a Halo game and World of Tanks.

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
I'm playing God Of War , after more than 20 hours, the game continues to amaze me , the world, characters the customization, it's like an interactive movie, it's one of the best graphics design i seen.
The gameplay is deeper than a simple arcade game if you dig it with many skills to unlock , enchantments, equipment parts or attributes to rise more than others to suit your gameplay.

Fortunatelly MS congratulated Horizon when it shipped out and they congrats God Of War reboot, i think they are also preparing some very big solo IP reboot games.
But i understand some people don't care about story, background, characters, and prefer multiplayer action.
I wouldn't buy a movie ticket to a movie I think I would never watch again either. I'm fully in the camp that Gameplay in a videogame is cake, and everything else is icing, if your cake is made from mediocre ingredients I don't care if your icing is covered in gold leaf and made of pure adrenochrome. Just like I don't care if a blockbuster has good effects if it's story is mediocre. It might just be because I picked up Hellblade last week but most of what I've played of GoW so far in terms of gameplay has felt insanely similar only with more methods of doing the same thing. You can hit an enemy into the air, but all it does is keep them from attacking you, you get no new abilities from them being in the air, so it's basically just stunning them. You can freeze them, which is basically just stunning them. You can guard at the last minute which basically just stuns them for a short period. You can freeze a whole bunch of people at once, which is the same concept just multiplied. I'm glad people are enjoying it, but so far it's not impressed me, so many of it's design decision seem so incredibly safe as so far it has included so many things I despise about modern singleplayer design (Forced walking and talking segments, climbing up cracks in walls every 15 minutes, simple as hell puzzles, "RPG" elements which are basically just minor damage or defensive boosts) I just wish someone that isn't FROMsoft would take risks in singleplayer games. Also the writing for Kratos is spot on so far, easily the best part of the game so far, the writers for Gears of War could take some cues in terms of how they write Marcus in Gears 5. Atreus I just wanna slap in the face and throw off a cliff somewhere though.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has been primarily an Xbox player (still own and play every PlayStation) it really is sad to see the Xbox One/Xbox brand reduced to a joke across the internet. I go on Twitch to watch my favorite streamer (DansGaming) and he can't go a single stream without making a "no games" or "why would you buy an Xbox?" joke which of course causes chat to go crazy as well. You have Lirik on Twitter a couple of days ago calling his Xbox a paperweight and giving it away.

It just sucks to see Xbox become almost irrelevant outside of awesome backwards compatibility stuff. Especially when Sony and Nintendo have a massive AAA blockbuster out seemingly every other month while Xbox has...nothing.

By the end of the year both Sony and Nintendo will have even more huge games (and those are just the ones we know about) while I can't think of a single thing I have to look forward to playing on my Xbox other than Battlefield V which I can play anywhere. I really hope they kill it at E3 but I just don't think they have the talent/studios necessary.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: console warring
As someone who has been primarily an Xbox player (still own and play every PlayStation) it really is sad to see the Xbox One/Xbox brand reduced to a joke across the internet. I go on Twitch to watch my favorite streamer (DansGaming) and he can't go a single stream without making a "no games" or "why would you buy an Xbox?" joke which of course causes chat to go crazy as well. You have Lirik on Twitter a couple of days ago calling his Xbox a paperweight and giving it away.

It just sucks to see Xbox become almost irrelevant outside of awesome backwards compatibility stuff. Especially when Sony and Nintendo have a massive AAA blockbuster out seemingly every other month while Xbox has...nothing.

By the end of the year both Sony and Nintendo will have even more huge games (and those are just the ones we know about) while I can't think of a single thing I have to look forward to playing on my Xbox other than Battlefield V which I can play anywhere. I really hope they kill it at E3 but I just don't think they have the talent/studios necessary.
Yup

Xbox is a joke

Unless they get games it always will be

I'm sorry but all of these extra features are amazing, but mean very little when there's no exclusive blockbusters.

This is not really an opinion as PS is outselling Xbox by, what? 3-1? 4-1?

Calm Killer

Oct 25, 2017
Okay Certain Affinity has 130 full time employees. Currently looking for 24 more so that would put them at 150+. That is about the same size as Rare. Would it be feasible for half of them to be working on a World of Tanks update and the other half working on a Halo game?

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Yup

Xbox is a joke

Unless they get games it always will be

I'm sorry but all of these extra features are amazing, but mean very little when there's no exclusive blockbusters.

This is not really an opinion as PS is outselling Xbox by, what? 3-1? 4-1?
Yeah certainly the nadir or Xbox first party wise. I still like SoT and am hyped for SoD2 and Crackdown 3 though.

I'm just waiting. BC and 3rd parties as well as still active online communities in Gears and Halo will keep me content enough until new titles start getting announced.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017

They're both PC gamers, no matter what MS releases they will make the same jokes because they can get them on Win10. Lirik made the same joke while playing a lot of SOT, he's even very excited for SOD2.Yet he'll make the joke while playing that as well, you don't need a streamer making a stupid joke to see first party's major issues. I guess we will have to see what their direction is at E3, Xbox still does enough for me as a third party machine with the occasional exclusive while I play exclusives on PS4 and Switch.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
They're both PC gamers, no matter what MS releases they will make the same jokes because they can get them on Win10. Lirik made the same joke while playing a lot of SOT, he's even very excited for SOD2.Yet he'll make the joke while playing that as well, you don't need a streamer making a stupid joke to see first party's major issues. I guess we will have to see what their direction is at E3, Xbox still does enough for me as a third party machine with the occasional exclusive while I play exclusives on PS4 and Switch.
True. I guess it's still hard for me to reconcile that back in the 360 days the system felt like a juggernaut. Nearly everyone I knew played it as their primary system. Now it's an afterthought. It's sad.

GoldenKings

Oct 28, 2017

True. I guess it's still hard for me to reconcile that back in the 360 days the system felt like a juggernaut. Nearly everyone I knew played it as their primary system. Now it's an afterthought. It's sad.

Those days are gone man. Every once in awhile I'll see a tweet like this that gets tons of likes and retweets and it's just a reminder of how far Xbox has fallen in public opinion.

Confession: I ended up giving my Xbox One to my little brother back around Sea of Thieves launch and I can't say I've missed it at all. It's kind of weird not having an Xbox, after having Xbox be my main home for games since late 2004 (you can probably guess what came out at that time that made me switch). I still like to keep up with whatever their doing, old habits and all, but times change I guess. I know some people can justify keeping it around to be their go to third party machine and all but really I'd rather have the cabinet space at this point. I'll probably end up picking one up again since I'm a slave to Halo, but yeah.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Those days are gone man. Every once in awhile I'll see a tweet like this that gets tons of likes and retweets and it's just a reminder of how far Xbox has fallen in public opinion.

Confession: I ended up giving my Xbox One to my little brother back around Sea of Thieves launch and I can't say I've missed it at all. It's kind of weird not having an Xbox, after having Xbox be my main home for games since late 2004 (you can probably guess what came out at that time that made me switch). I still like to keep up with whatever their doing, old habits and all, but times change I guess. I know some people can justify keeping it around to be their go to third party machine and all but really I'd rather have the cabinet space at this point. I'll probably end up picking one up again since I'm a slave to Halo, but yeah.

Yeah. :(

I wonder how the Xbox higher-ups feel when they see big AAA single player blockbuster after blockbuster from both Nintendo and Sony come out and get mid-high 90's review scores and Game of the Year awards. Must be so hard to swallow.

Banamy

Oct 27, 2017
I just dont get why xbox gets so much hate. I own both consoles and xbox is better in everything except exclusives. Playstation didnt get hate for lack of exclusives from 2013-2016, why is xbox getting hate from 2016-2018.

Oct 27, 2017
It's actually genuine in my case. Like, I love the Xbox ecosystem and want more reasons to play it.
The Xbox is literally on pace to have its best year ever in the US, millions of people are buying games. Yet you take 2 predominantly PC streamers who frankly don't care about Sony 90% of the time. And let them sway your opinion

Here's the thing, what you aren't interested in, doesn't mean it's doing bad by any means. The Xbox trajectory isn't for you and that's fine I bought a PS4 during Black Friday for extra cheap just so I could also play the occasional game that's not offered on my Xbox. It's fine. But Just like how I want Sony to do X and that's not their path it's how it is

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
I saw the tweet and voted for God Of War, even if it isn't my cup of tea, I find very healthy that a Microsoft guy can no open about playing games of competitors.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
People shouldn't expect a big AAA new ip at this years' E3. That doesn't fall in line with what every insider has said so far in terms of first party investment. We'll definitely see new games, but not potential system sellers.

I do think we'll hear more about Gallagher's next job at MS Studios which could be a new development studio. That' would be exciting news for those with concerns surrounding Xbox' first party output.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
The Xbox is literally on pace to have its best year ever in the US, millions of people are buying games. Yet you take 2 predominantly PC streamers who frankly don't care about Sony 90% of the time. And let them sway your opinion

Here's the thing, what you aren't interested in, doesn't mean it's doing bad by any means. The Xbox trajectory isn't for you and that's fine I bought a PS4 during Black Friday for extra cheap just so I could also play the occasional game that's not offered on my Xbox. It's fine. But Just like how I want Sony to do X and that's not their path it's how it is
They didn't sway my opinion at all, man. Xbox will continue to be my primary console regardless. I was just using them as an example of the general feeling I notice just about everywhere online.

OP
OP
Figments

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Are people still worried about a box more than the service itself. Didn't Microsoft make it blatantly clear that the box doesn't matter as much as it used to anymore.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
It's best to just shrug/laugh it off and carry on. Hopefully things will get better on the first party front in the coming years. It's a shame to see people pile on the hate bandwagon (some of which is justified), but that's typically what happens on the internet. There can be quite a mob mentality sometimes.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
People shouldn't expect a big AAA new ip at this years' E3. That doesn't fall in line with what every insider has said so far in terms of first party investment. We'll definitely see new games, but not potential system sellers.

I do think we'll hear more about Gallagher's next job at MS Studios which could be a new development studio. That' would be exciting news for those with concerns surrounding Xbox' first party output.
Well if there is an Gears spin of and it seems that it's gonna be there, it will be an AAA. It depends on how much different it is of the regular Gears for seeing how much a new ip it can be considered.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Just saw the State of Decay 2 stream and it really looks better than i thought it'd be. The delay definitely worked out pretty well and hopefully Sumo/Reagent used that delay well on Crackdown.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
They didn't sway my opinion at all, man. Xbox will continue to be my primary console regardless. I was just using them as an example of the general feeling I notice just about everywhere online.

You're not alone. Xbox has always been my primary platform and I'm so heavily invested in the ecosystem it'd be impossible for me to abandon them at this point. It's just been so crushing to see what's happened to them this gen. They've been scrapping and clawing their way back slowly but there's still such a long way to go. It just sucks as a fan to see them get crushed constantly, like that IGN post. That's how in the gutter the brand is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.